Windows 10: SOME shortcut overlay arrows missing on SOME machines

Discus and support SOME shortcut overlay arrows missing on SOME machines in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I am hoping someone can help with a rather puzzling problem: On one of my machines, the shortcut overlay arrows are missing for Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheAncient, Mar 3, 2021.

1. SOME shortcut overlay arrows missing on SOME machines

Hi there,
    I am hoping someone can help with a rather puzzling problem:
    On one of my machines, the shortcut overlay arrows are missing for Internet Shortcuts and for shortcuts to batch files on a network drive. Shortcut overlay arrows appear properly on shortcut icons for Excel Spreadsheets on a network drive.

SOME shortcut overlay arrows missing on SOME machines [​IMG]

I have attempted the following on the problem machine:
    - Rebuilt icon cache
    - Ran Restore_default_Shortcut_arrow.reg from Brink's 22 page magnum opus thread
    - Verified that all keys cleared in the above .reg file where in fact not present or blank in the registry
    - Yes, of course I rebooted.

Now the big puzzler: On another machine the arrows appear properly.

Those are the SAME shortcuts: I copied them from the problem machine to a network drive and then from the network drive to the machine that is working properly. Somewhere along the way, the overlay arrows were resurrected.

Both machines are running Windows 10 Pro 64 V2009 (20H2) - Bld19042.844 - i.e. the latest production version of Windows with all the latest updates.

Any thoughts?

:)

TheAncient, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Edwin Win User

New double blue arrows for shortcut overlay?

Your software must have 'hiccuped' because that is imageres.dll icon #226, - 'resizing'

Yes, I'm on Build 10565 with no arrows.

Edwin, Mar 3, 2021
  3. kkorotev Win User

Yes. But they were "Overlay-less" (no arrows) in every Win10 build until today...using reg edits and/or the program you suggested (which HAS worked for the last couple years). Make sense?

Also, this is the first time ANY overlay has shown itself in the navigator pane.

Are you using this newest build and NOT seeing these arrows?

kkorotev, Mar 3, 2021
  4. kkorotev Win User

SOME shortcut overlay arrows missing on SOME machines

BRINK,
    Here is how they look. The unique icons are from me, the double arrow overlay just appeared last night after the upgrade to 10565.
    I tried your reg. edits 1st thing today...to no avail.

kkorotev, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

SOME shortcut overlay arrows missing on SOME machines

1. SOME shortcut overlay arrows missing on SOME machines - Similar Threads - shortcut overlay arrows

2. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  3. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  4. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some missing icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some missing icon: As the title said, my notification and WIFI icon were missing and displayed as rectangles. It happened after I restore system checkpoint.Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-missing-icon/03b4d8aa-cd5f-428f-b43d-5a809c7416d3
  6. some icons missed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some icons missed: Recently, I have deleted some fonts from my system and now some icons missed such as icons in task manager next to run new task, end task and etc. and display like a square. I guess deleting some fonts causes this problem....
  7. Some settings are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some settings are missing: Hello, recently, in December I got this windows 10 computer, it was working fine but around 20 months ago, in my settings, some settings started going missing, now I can’t change my resolution, use admin or anything else, I was wondering if there was a way to restore my...
  8. Some settings are missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some settings are missing: Hello, recently, in December I got this windows 10 computer, it was working fine but around 20 months ago, in my settings, some settings started going missing, now I can’t change my resolution, use admin or anything else, I was wondering if there was a way to restore my...
  9. What are some Windows shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are some Windows shortcuts?: Hey again! I just need a little more help.I want to be a pro at Windows again, and I just need some PRO shortcuts, get it?Any shortcuts that you can share? It would be VERY appreciated.-Railomaster 4000 formerly Technomaster...
  10. New double blue arrows for shortcut overlay?

in Windows 10 Customization
    New double blue arrows for shortcut overlay?: My shortcuts all have a new double blue arrow overlay since upgrading to Windows 10565. None of my older fixes (reg edits, etc) seem to work getting rid of this new visual change. Any Ideas Kevin 26212

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot