Windows 10: Some sites won't open after Windows 10 update including microsoft.com

Discus and support Some sites won't open after Windows 10 update including microsoft.com in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some sites including microsoft.com won't open after Windows 10 update. I've tried Chrome, Edge, Firefox to no avail. I can open all websites from other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EdwardAbramian, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Some sites won't open after Windows 10 update including microsoft.com

Some sites including microsoft.com won't open after Windows 10 update. I've tried Chrome, Edge, Firefox to no avail. I can open all websites from other machines over the same WiFi network. I can open all websites from the same machine if i boot in Mac OS X (it's MacBook Pro). I tried turning off Firewall and Defender to no avail. Hosts file is clean.

Any ideas why Windows 10 can't access microsoft.com or twitter.com?

:)

EdwardAbramian, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Reefer86 Win User
    Reefer86, Nov 16, 2019
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. Some sites won't open after Windows 10 update including microsoft.com

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Some sites won't open after Windows 10 update including microsoft.com

1. Some sites won't open after Windows 10 update including microsoft.com - Similar Threads - sites won't open

2. how to create administratioraccount in windows 11 site microsoft com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to create administratioraccount in windows 11 site microsoft com: how to create administratior account in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-administratioraccount-in-windows-11/2a2f70b6-4be2-4e6e-bdc4-ec66f91de03d
  3. how to create administratioraccount in windows 11 site microsoft com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to create administratioraccount in windows 11 site microsoft com: how to create administratior account in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-administratioraccount-in-windows-11/2a2f70b6-4be2-4e6e-bdc4-ec66f91de03d
  4. Microsoft software download sites won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft software download sites won't open: I want to download net framework 4.6 but i can't download for this problem. Here it's asking me to probably choose 32-64 bit, but this window doesn't load fully.The source of this problem is the speed of my internet. Because when I log in with mobile internet, the site loads...
  5. Microsoft software download sites won't open

Microsoft software download sites won't open: I want to download net framework 4.6 but i can't download for this problem. Here it's asking me to probably choose 32-64 bit, but this window doesn't load fully.The source of this problem is the speed of my internet. Because when I log in with mobile internet, the site loads...
  6. Windows iso download sites won't opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows iso download sites won't opening: Hi. I want to download Windows 11 but site doesn't load, it opens a white page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-iso-download-sites-wont-opening/04b9c051-5f36-4923-b439-550a2ef9fe9c
  7. Windows iso download sites won't opening

Windows iso download sites won't opening: Hi. I want to download Windows 11 but site doesn't load, it opens a white page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-iso-download-sites-wont-opening/04b9c051-5f36-4923-b439-550a2ef9fe9c
  8. PC won't open after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't open after windows 10 update.: Hi!I just installed some updates for my windows 10. I clicked the 'Update and restart'. While it is updating I left it for about 10 mins. When I get back, the screen is black and the system unit, I think it's off because I can't hear the fans running. I waited more minutes to...
  9. Some Apps on Microsoft store won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Some Apps on Microsoft store won't open: I just recently got a pc and I wanted to download and play microsoft minesweeper. I just downloaded it and tried to open it and a transparent window flashed on my screen for a split second and then disappeared. I tried opening it again and still flashes a transparent window...
  10. Some Apps Won't Open After Gaming

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some Apps Won't Open After Gaming: Everything will open as it should without any issue. After I've spent a good hour gaming I'll go back to the desktop and some apps won't open and windows seems a bit sluggish. Only way to resolve this issue is to reboot. 148253