Windows 10: Some sort of ghost key pressing on a windows10 laptop.

Discus and support Some sort of ghost key pressing on a windows10 laptop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Im going to be fast: » After some time of beeing powered on (5-10min) my laptop acts like Im holding down a key. »The problem only disapears after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kirukato13, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Some sort of ghost key pressing on a windows10 laptop.

Im going to be fast:

» After some time of beeing powered on (5-10min) my laptop acts like Im holding down a key.
    »The problem only disapears after restart.

»I have tryed external keyboard didnt work.

»Its not a keyboard problem, its software or something else.

»I tryed to start up in safe mode, after a few minutes i had the same problem.

»I uninstalled keyboard software from device manager, same problem.

»It happened out of nowere I cant justify.

»Keys that were pressed until now: ctrl, alt, alt gr, shift, c and º ("key per restart")

Hope someone can help.

:)

Kirukato13, Jan 19, 2019

2. Dell Inspiron 13 5378 "Ghost Clicking"

Hi IcyGreenDonut,

Experiencing "Ghost Clicking" on your laptop could be both a software or a hardware issue. For us to sort this out, I suggest uninstalling the driver and let Windows reinstall it. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Human Interface Devices category, right-click your
      HID-compliant touch screen, then click Uninstall.
    3. Restart your laptop.

If the issue persists, then I recommend that you get in touch with the Dell Support Team or visit their support site through
    this link for assistance in updating the touchscreen firmware as the issue is leaning towards becoming a hardware issue, specifically the touchscreen.

Should you need more information or have further queries, feel free to update this thread.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 19, 2019
  3. manofthem Win User
    Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Jan 19, 2019
  4. Some sort of ghost key pressing on a windows10 laptop.

When I press the Windows key, is there any way of having the default display be all the programs alphabetically sorted?

When I press the Windows key, is there any way of having the default display be all the programs alphabetically sorted?

I can display that listing but I have to click on the 3rd icon on the left to do so. I would like to eliminate that step and always see the alphabetical list of programs and apps. I don't need to see the Start Programs as I almost never change this.

Lewis D. Eigen, Jan 19, 2019
Thema:

Some sort of ghost key pressing on a windows10 laptop.

1. Some sort of ghost key pressing on a windows10 laptop. - Similar Threads - sort ghost key

2. Why do some keys on my Windows10 Laptop only sometimes not work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do some keys on my Windows10 Laptop only sometimes not work?: Hello, since recently, I have had a new problem:When I type or also play games, the f1,1, 2 ,a and z key bottom left don't work. The thing is, after pressing other keys or spam pressing the buttons, they start to work for a few moments and then they stop again.I have resetted...
  3. Why do some keys on my Windows10 Laptop only sometimes not work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do some keys on my Windows10 Laptop only sometimes not work?: Hello, since recently, I have had a new problem:When I type or also play games, the f1,1, 2 ,a and z key bottom left don't work. The thing is, after pressing other keys or spam pressing the buttons, they start to work for a few moments and then they stop again.I have resetted...
  4. Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.: Example: I press my windows key and my computer thinks I'm pressing Esc. and F7 specifically. Pressing the FN key also activate the ~ and F5. My capslock key presses F8. All of they keys for q, w, a, s, z, x, 1, and 2 all type their respective alternate on the keyboard as...
  5. Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard types multiple keys when pressing one, only on some keys.: Example: I press my windows key and my computer thinks I'm pressing Esc. and F7 specifically. Pressing the FN key also activate the ~ and F5. My capslock key presses F8. All of they keys for q, w, a, s, z, x, 1, and 2 all type their respective alternate on the keyboard as...
  6. "C" Key will not stop pressing. Windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "C" Key will not stop pressing. Windows10: Hello all,as title states im having issues with my "c" key where it will not stop pressing. I unplug the keyboard and it is still pressing continued. I am using a K95 Platinum Corsair, running windows 10 x64. I have opened a ticket with corsair as well but since the keys are...
  7. "C" Key will not stop pressing. Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "C" Key will not stop pressing. Windows10: Hello all,as title states im having issues with my "c" key where it will not stop pressing. I unplug the keyboard and it is still pressing continued. I am using a K95 Platinum Corsair, running windows 10 x64. I have opened a ticket with corsair as well but since the keys are...
  8. "C" Key will not stop pressing. Windows10

9. Laptop Ghosting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Ghosting: Hello Microsoft! I recently purchased a new surface laptop from Harvey Norman as my old one continuously malfunctioned. This laptop is only a month old and yet I am experiencing issues. The laptop seems to be ghosting or I think that is the problem as images from 5 minutes...
  10. laptop keys are pressed automatically

laptop keys are pressed automatically: hi, i am using windows 10 version 2004 on hp laptop. recently i noticed that my ''END'' button is working itself. i tried uninstalling driver and restart but the problem didn't go away. plz someone help me fix this. thanks in advance...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laintel keynoard ghost key pressing laptop