Windows 10: Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

Discus and support Some sound-effects are off after message in windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i got this message [img] [img] except it was about my speakers with VIA HD audio, and i didnt know what to do so i clicked "yes" couse it sounded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Octopolus, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Octopolus Win User

Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

i got this message
    Some sound-effects are off after message in windows [​IMG]

except it was about my speakers with VIA HD audio, and i didnt know what to do so i clicked "yes" couse it sounded important, now i dont hear all the sound effects.
    i can play music and watch clips on youtube etc but i dont here the "clicking" sound when i go through my folders in windows explorer.

how can i fix this?

:)

Octopolus, Nov 15, 2017
  2. John_32 Win User

E65 - camera sound

It has been suggested that this is to prevent the camera being used covertly!

As you say other Nokia phones have allowed you to specifically switch off the sound.

On some switching the phone to silent or turning warning tones off will have the desired effect.

But not on the E's
    Message Edited by john32 on 28-Nov-200704:43 PM

John_32, Nov 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update reduced sound quality?

Hi all,

I've found that since updating my Lumia 950 with the Windows 10 Mobile anniversary update that the overall sound quality of my device has been negatively effected.

There seems to be some sort of "background feed" (sounds like white noise) that emits from the speakers before, during and after a sound plays. For example, the sound when you lock and unlock your screen now does not sound as sharp and clear as it used to
    be, and after the sound plays, you can hear this white noise play for a few seconds afterwards.

I noticed this after playing some music or pausing, this background feed would play for about 5 seconds after the music stops and then cuts off.

Is anyone else getting this?

Thanks, Dean.

Dean Lindsay, Nov 15, 2017
  4. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

Hi Octopolus.

If you right click on speaker in systray (notification area), then Volume Mixer, what level has been set for system sounds.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 15, 2017
  5. Octopolus Win User
    it looks like this

Octopolus, Nov 15, 2017
  6. Close. Right click on speaker and then click "Open Volume Mixer". Looks like you click on "Sounds"

Ken

7. Octopolus Win User
    here you go

Octopolus, Nov 15, 2017
  8. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

Well that isn't muted.

Can you see what the full message is under Chrome? (Some sound effects are...0

Okay lets go back to the Sound window you originally opened. If you click on playback, then on your speakers, then configure. If you click on test do you hear sound?

Have you tried updating this VIA HD Audio driver?

Ken

9. Octopolus Win User
    well the message about google chrome isnt there anymore. when i start chrome i dont get that error message, at least not now.
    yes i hear sound when i click: sound-playback-speakers-configure and test.

no i havent tried updating the driver. i thought about uninstall the driver and restart the computer since win10 installs drivers automatically that way, but i wanted to see what you guys thought first

Octopolus, Nov 16, 2017
  10. That is an approach and one that is used in some Windows 10 trouble shooters. If the computer gives you the error message you started thread with I would then search for new / updated driver.

Please post back results.

Caledon Ken, Nov 16, 2017
  11. Octopolus Win User
    i have googled my driver VIA VT1708S but i can only find older drivers then the one i have *Sad

Octopolus, Nov 18, 2017
  12. That is okay. I would try one, say one level back. On my old Dell I have a wireless driver from Feb 2014. If I update it at all it stops working.

If this works then you tell Windows to lay off the driver updates.

Caledon Ken, Nov 18, 2017
  13. Octopolus Win User

downloaded this one: VIA Vinyl HD Audio Driver 11.1100e for Windows 10 Driver - TechSpot
    it didnt help..

Octopolus, Nov 18, 2017
  14. I believe you can turn the enhancements back on, in Sounds, but Windows won't like it.

How old is this gear?

15. Is it integrated sound controller?

Thema:

1. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows - Similar Threads - sound effects are

2. How do I turn-off this sound-effect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn-off this sound-effect?: I use the accessibility-function of the Number-Pad that allows it to be used as mouse-buttons: "5" for click, "+" for double-click, etc. . In the Blender app I have to toggle that function a lot using the "Num Lock" key, as in Blender the Number-Pad has the function of...
  3. How do I turn-off this sound-effect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn-off this sound-effect?: I use the accessibility-function of the Number-Pad that allows it to be used as mouse-buttons: "5" for click, "+" for double-click, etc. . In the Blender app I have to toggle that function a lot using the "Num Lock" key, as in Blender the Number-Pad has the function of...
  4. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  5. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  6. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Startup Sound effects?

Startup Sound effects?: I was wondering if Microsoft should allow for the sound effects from older operating systems to be downloaded from the store. I found a few sites which have the sounds, but I don't want to risk downloading malware. I really want to have the Windows Longhorn sounds on my...
  8. Charging Sound Effect

Charging Sound Effect: How Can I Add or Change Charger Connected And 100% Charged Sound Effects In Windows 10 Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charging-sound-effect/03a2c3b1-62a6-48b5-af08-1071c0a30ead
  9. Sound environment effects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound environment effects: I cannot find this anywhere. I want to add a environment effect to system wide sound. What I want is effects like, bathroom, concert hall, arena, etc etc. I Cannot find any way to do this ANYWHERE. I have been searching for hours. Am I completely missing something or is this...
  10. Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?: I had to reset my Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573), Windows 10 Home, 64bit. After some time the sound, e.g. music (played with a music player program) is turned off automatically and the amplifier plugged in in the HDMI socket of the Notebook, a Pioneer VSX-830-K,...