Windows 10: Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

Discus and support Some sound-effects are off after message in windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I believe you can turn the enhancements back on, in Sounds, but Windows won't like it. How old is this gear? already tried that but it doesnt help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Octopolus, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Octopolus Win User

Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

already tried that but it doesnt help either.
    how old is what?

Octopolus, Nov 18, 2017

2. The VIA Sound.

Is it integrated sound chip?

Caledon Ken, Nov 18, 2017
  3. Octopolus Win User
    yes i think so

Octopolus, Nov 18, 2017
  4. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

So it is likely older. I went to VIA site and did not see.

You could continue to look for solution, maybe an in place repair / upgrade would solve. Back up data.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

The other alternative and maybe the best option, disable it in BIOS and buy a modern sound card. I think you find them at a reasonable price and with Black Friday around the corner the sales might be good.

On another thread I was involved with the sound issue was resolved with a clean install. Starting from scratch was not a desired position but it worked.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 18, 2017
  5. Octopolus Win User
    yeah..im not gonna make a clean install again, i just did that. its not worth it just because i got this audio-problem.
    and no new sound card, win10 has worked without problems before with my currect hardware so im not gonna change that.

maybe a windows repair with my win10 usb installation..maybe..but i dont think windows will detect and do anything about it because when i troubleshoot this it finds nothing.

i checked through the: playback devices-sounds-sound scheme and the "windows default"had a lot of "none" in there. i tried to google for a list so that i could just change it after that list
    but i havent found any. but i picked the sound for emptying the recycle bin at least *Wink

edit: look at this,
    Some sound-effects are off after message in windows [​IMG]

it seems that for some reason i have 2 via hd audios installed *Eek they are probably in conflict with each other

Octopolus, Nov 18, 2017
  6. Does your VIA Audio have software and if so do you have a separate sound manager in the systray. Realtek installs this way. If so you would have two speaker like icons in the systray.

I don't see two. I see the controller and the in/outs.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 19, 2017
  7. Octopolus Win User
    no i dont have a software for the audio.
    ok..to me it looks like 2 via audios.

here is my systray

Some sound-effects are off after message in windows [​IMG]

Octopolus, Nov 19, 2017
  8. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

Not sure where to go from here.

MS is doing an excellent job with drivers when you consider the huge amount of gear out there. I think you are left with clean install, I read your comment, or a new expansion card.

Should you do a clean install, and I'm not pushing, once you get Windows in, the updates on and your programs in you should take an Image with a tool like Macrium Reflect. Free, reliable and member recommended.

Then when you want to start over you restore from the "Gold" image. Makes clean installing a breeze.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 19, 2017
  9. Octopolus Win User
    im using the "backup and restore(windows 7)" for that. i have also used aomei backupper. it used to work rellay good but since i changed my system from mbr to gpt it doesnt work anymore.

i just did a clean install and it takes so much time and effort to do that.
    so you dont think a "repair" with the windows installing-media will fix this?

Octopolus, Nov 19, 2017
  10. It very well could fix it and it does work for a whole slew of things.

Check out Macrium Reflect when you get a moment. Amazing tool for the price.

Caledon Ken, Nov 20, 2017
  11. Octopolus Win User
    i have used it before to cloned my os but i dont really trust those 3-part progs now, you know after i had the problem with aomei backupper.
    windows own program i know works, even if your windows cant start you can use your image from the installation media and i dont think progs like macrium can do that

Octopolus, Nov 20, 2017
  12. Octopolus Win User
    i have used it before to clone my os but i dont really trust those 3-part progs now, you know after i had the problem with aomei backupper.
    windows own program i know works, even if your windows cant start you can use your image from the installation media and i dont think progs like macrium can do that

Octopolus, Nov 20, 2017
  13. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

Macrium has a boot disk so no issue there.

Caledon Ken, Nov 20, 2017
  14. Octopolus Win User
    so does aomei but it didnt work anyway..

Octopolus, Nov 20, 2017
  15. Octopolus Win User
    Octopolus, Nov 20, 2017
Thema:

Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

1. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows - Similar Threads - sound effects are

2. How do I turn-off this sound-effect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn-off this sound-effect?: I use the accessibility-function of the Number-Pad that allows it to be used as mouse-buttons: "5" for click, "+" for double-click, etc. . In the Blender app I have to toggle that function a lot using the "Num Lock" key, as in Blender the Number-Pad has the function of...
  3. How do I turn-off this sound-effect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn-off this sound-effect?: I use the accessibility-function of the Number-Pad that allows it to be used as mouse-buttons: "5" for click, "+" for double-click, etc. . In the Blender app I have to toggle that function a lot using the "Num Lock" key, as in Blender the Number-Pad has the function of...
  4. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  5. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  6. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Startup Sound effects?

Startup Sound effects?: I was wondering if Microsoft should allow for the sound effects from older operating systems to be downloaded from the store. I found a few sites which have the sounds, but I don't want to risk downloading malware. I really want to have the Windows Longhorn sounds on my...
  8. Charging Sound Effect

Charging Sound Effect: How Can I Add or Change Charger Connected And 100% Charged Sound Effects In Windows 10 Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charging-sound-effect/03a2c3b1-62a6-48b5-af08-1071c0a30ead
  9. Sound environment effects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound environment effects: I cannot find this anywhere. I want to add a environment effect to system wide sound. What I want is effects like, bathroom, concert hall, arena, etc etc. I Cannot find any way to do this ANYWHERE. I have been searching for hours. Am I completely missing something or is this...
  10. Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?: I had to reset my Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573), Windows 10 Home, 64bit. After some time the sound, e.g. music (played with a music player program) is turned off automatically and the amplifier plugged in in the HDMI socket of the Notebook, a Pioneer VSX-830-K,...