Windows 10: Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

Discus and support Some sound-effects are off after message in windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Wow. Options running out. Have you been to the motherboard manufactures site. Maybe someone there has cracked this nut. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Octopolus, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

Wow. Options running out. Have you been to the motherboard manufactures site. Maybe someone there has cracked this nut.

Caledon Ken, Nov 21, 2017
  2. Octopolus Win User

i checked the faq's and i didnt see my problem there.
    i have mailed the asus support about my problem

Octopolus, Nov 21, 2017
  3. Caledon Ken, Nov 21, 2017
  4. Octopolus Win User

Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

Octopolus, Nov 21, 2017
  5. Well that is very strange. Try IE. In chrome in does as you stated. In IE use address.

vip.asus.com/forum

by the way what Motherboard is it?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 21, 2017
  6. Octopolus Win User
    a log-in site? at least thats where that adress takes me with edge, ie and firefox.
    my motherboard is: asus p8h61-mx r2.0

Octopolus, Nov 21, 2017
  7. Well that was a dead end. Nothing there but BIOS announcements. Seems the latest is v1102 dated Aug 9, 2013.

Some sound-effects are off after message in windows [​IMG]

Not saying to update BIOS but do you know what version you are on?

Caledon Ken, Nov 22, 2017
  8. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

From download site there is a v1109 and I think I recall you said it was installed.

9. Octopolus Win User
    hehe..no..i dont remember updating my bios ever. my version is old, 0702 *chuckle

Octopolus, Nov 22, 2017
  10. Oh. Okay.

You know how to google so I leave it to you to read about updating BIOS's, the good, the bad and the ugly.

When you update a BIOS you go in eyes wide open. It can "Brick" your machine and the description is very real, you wind up with a brick.

Now I've updated lots of BIOS's and have not had one do this. I bet a lot of members have successfully updated a BIOS but I bet there are a few failures. I will assume a number of failures were self inflicted, wrong BIOS for machine, read instructions after starting, had to hit power button because it looked frozen. The manufactures make these updates available, it is just eyes wide open.

So if you decide to do this make sure your power is as stable as possible, like don't do it in a storm, especially a thunder storm. I usually use a battery UPS because I have them protecting my gear. Read the manufactures directions and follow them. Be patient. If something looks like is taking a long time go have a coffee.

To be clear, this might not fix your issue and there are risks.

You absolutely need to be sure you are using a BIOS update for your board. Check label or box to be sure.

There are some that will say you have to do this. You don't. Your machine has run for a very long time without a BIOS update. I would like to see Asus and all manufactures state what their upgrades fix or functionality it adds. I will be in a pine box before that happens.

It maybe less risky to try new sound card.

Ken

11. Octopolus Win User
    i dont see how updating my bios can fix the problem in windows *Huh
    and if its risky i will definitely dont do it.

and i will not "by my way to freedom" with a new soundcard. the sound has worked fine before and it will again.

i think i will just compare the sound scheme with my windows 10 laptop and change all the "no sounds".
    if i find other errors i will make a new clean install

Octopolus, Nov 22, 2017
  12. Caledon Ken, Nov 22, 2017
  13. Octopolus Win User

what is audit findings.?

Octopolus, Nov 22, 2017
  14. I used the word audit and you used the word compare. My mistake.

15. Octopolus Win User
    you lost me..

Octopolus, Nov 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows - Similar Threads - sound effects are

2. How do I turn-off this sound-effect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn-off this sound-effect?: I use the accessibility-function of the Number-Pad that allows it to be used as mouse-buttons: "5" for click, "+" for double-click, etc. . In the Blender app I have to toggle that function a lot using the "Num Lock" key, as in Blender the Number-Pad has the function of...
  3. How do I turn-off this sound-effect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn-off this sound-effect?: I use the accessibility-function of the Number-Pad that allows it to be used as mouse-buttons: "5" for click, "+" for double-click, etc. . In the Blender app I have to toggle that function a lot using the "Num Lock" key, as in Blender the Number-Pad has the function of...
  4. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  5. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  6. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Startup Sound effects?

Startup Sound effects?: I was wondering if Microsoft should allow for the sound effects from older operating systems to be downloaded from the store. I found a few sites which have the sounds, but I don't want to risk downloading malware. I really want to have the Windows Longhorn sounds on my...
  8. Charging Sound Effect

Charging Sound Effect: How Can I Add or Change Charger Connected And 100% Charged Sound Effects In Windows 10 Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charging-sound-effect/03a2c3b1-62a6-48b5-af08-1071c0a30ead
  9. Sound environment effects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound environment effects: I cannot find this anywhere. I want to add a environment effect to system wide sound. What I want is effects like, bathroom, concert hall, arena, etc etc. I Cannot find any way to do this ANYWHERE. I have been searching for hours. Am I completely missing something or is this...
  10. Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?: I had to reset my Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573), Windows 10 Home, 64bit. After some time the sound, e.g. music (played with a music player program) is turned off automatically and the amplifier plugged in in the HDMI socket of the Notebook, a Pioneer VSX-830-K,...