Windows 10: Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

Discus and support Some sound-effects are off after message in windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In post 39 you said you were going to compare settings from laptop to desktop. In post 40 I said post back your audit findings, I could have said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Octopolus, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

In post 39 you said you were going to compare settings from laptop to desktop.

In post 40 I said post back your audit findings, I could have said post back the results of your comparison.

Caledon Ken, Nov 22, 2017
  2. Octopolus Win User

oh..you wanna see all the "no sounds" from the scheme?

Octopolus, Nov 22, 2017
  3. Sorry. All I wanted to know was if you found something and got it to work. Take care.

Caledon Ken, Nov 23, 2017
  4. Octopolus Win User

Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

i just asked if you wanted to see the ones i had no sound on *Smile
    im glad your trying to help me my friend

Octopolus, Nov 23, 2017
  5. Thanks but I'm afraid that won't help. If sounds are assigned you will add them. A quick test is assigning a sound to Maximize and Minimize.

Then just play with Window sizes. This in my opinion is deeper.

Your very first post had Windows reporting problems with sound.

I just can't figure what is set wrong and like that other thread, which had several members on it the end solution was a clean install.

Dis you try the Sound trouble shooter. These trouble shooters don't seem to fix a lot but they are installed so my as well give it a kick.

Start > Settings > Update and security > down the the left hand side Troubleshoot > Right side Playing Audio

Caledon Ken, Nov 23, 2017
  6. Octopolus Win User
    the sound troubleshoot did nothing.

and i have the same problem on my laptop so i cant compare the default sound schedule from there *Sad

maybe you can post screenshots on your windows 10 sound schedule so i can enable the ones that are missing?
    i find it strange that google cant find that schedule but i have tried, believe me

Octopolus, Dec 8, 2017
  7. Hi.

So a lot of water has past under bridge.

On one device, open the Windows sounds, see if Asterisk has a sound assigned. If it does hit test. Did you hear sound?

If that didn't make a Sound click on Playback tab. What is set as default? Post a screen shot.

If you device is selected, click Configure, click Test. You should have heard sound, did you?

If not click cancel, then click properties. Walk through tabs. On Advance tab there is another "Test".

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 8, 2017
  8. Octopolus Win User

hey Ken!
    "asterisk" has sound and i hear it when pressing test

Some sound-effects are off after message in windows [​IMG]

Octopolus, Dec 8, 2017
  9. Okay then Windows sounds should be working.

Assign a sound to minimize and then test by minimizing a browser window, then maximize and then minimize.

Are you hearing a sound when you minimize?

Caledon Ken, Dec 8, 2017
  10. Octopolus Win User
    yes i do

Octopolus, Dec 8, 2017
  11. My apologize then, I thought Windows wasn't making sounds.

What isn't making sounds?

Sorry.

Caledon Ken, Dec 8, 2017
  12. Octopolus Win User
    *Wink whell there might be more but the one i have really noticed is when i go through explorer and through my files and folders, theres no clicking sound

Octopolus, Dec 8, 2017
  13. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

Okay find the main heading "File Explorer" in Sounds, then find "Start Navigation"

Caledon Ken, Dec 9, 2017
  14. Octopolus Win User
    got it, click click *Biggrin

Octopolus, Dec 9, 2017
  15. Cool.

Now shut all those annoying sounds off. Drives me crazy.

Caledon Ken, Dec 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows - Similar Threads - sound effects are

2. How do I turn-off this sound-effect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn-off this sound-effect?: I use the accessibility-function of the Number-Pad that allows it to be used as mouse-buttons: "5" for click, "+" for double-click, etc. . In the Blender app I have to toggle that function a lot using the "Num Lock" key, as in Blender the Number-Pad has the function of...
  3. How do I turn-off this sound-effect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn-off this sound-effect?: I use the accessibility-function of the Number-Pad that allows it to be used as mouse-buttons: "5" for click, "+" for double-click, etc. . In the Blender app I have to toggle that function a lot using the "Num Lock" key, as in Blender the Number-Pad has the function of...
  4. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  5. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  6. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Startup Sound effects?

Startup Sound effects?: I was wondering if Microsoft should allow for the sound effects from older operating systems to be downloaded from the store. I found a few sites which have the sounds, but I don't want to risk downloading malware. I really want to have the Windows Longhorn sounds on my...
  8. Charging Sound Effect

Charging Sound Effect: How Can I Add or Change Charger Connected And 100% Charged Sound Effects In Windows 10 Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charging-sound-effect/03a2c3b1-62a6-48b5-af08-1071c0a30ead
  9. Sound environment effects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound environment effects: I cannot find this anywhere. I want to add a environment effect to system wide sound. What I want is effects like, bathroom, concert hall, arena, etc etc. I Cannot find any way to do this ANYWHERE. I have been searching for hours. Am I completely missing something or is this...
  10. Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?: I had to reset my Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573), Windows 10 Home, 64bit. After some time the sound, e.g. music (played with a music player program) is turned off automatically and the amplifier plugged in in the HDMI socket of the Notebook, a Pioneer VSX-830-K,...