Windows 10: Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

Discus and support Some sound-effects are off after message in windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Cool. Now shut all those annoying sounds off. Drives me crazy. [img] [img] yes offource! *chuckle the strange thing is, i heard there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Octopolus, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Octopolus Win User

Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

yes offource! *chuckle

the strange thing is, i heard there shouldnt actually be any sounds on the "start navigation" and "empty recycle bin" people told me that theres are set to "none".
    how does it look in your sound scheme?

Octopolus, Dec 9, 2017

2. I shut off a lot of sounds, seriously, I see the screen and I don't want the clicks, pops and whizzes.

On one device the recycle bin and start navigation have sounds.

At one point a long time ago I had all kinds of crazy sounds. For a error I had Hal from 2001 space odyssey state he would let me do that and daffy duck at the start up saying this time you push a button. Maybe that when when I went silient.

The sounds are set to be customized to your tastes.

I wonder how long that will continue. Use to be you could do all kinds of things with color, some of those have gone.

Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Dec 9, 2017
  3. Octopolus Win User
    ok but if you choose "windows default" what are the settings on "start navigation" and "recycle bin"? sound on them or are they set to none by default?

Octopolus, Dec 9, 2017
  4. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

I went to a machine that was a clean install of 10. Version 1607 that is now 1709.

Both were set to no sound.

Caledon Ken, Dec 9, 2017
  5. Octopolus Win User
    that is so strange..how can they have a sound effect when they are set to no sound *Confused

Octopolus, Dec 9, 2017
  6. You wanted to know default so I went to a clean machine that I know I haven't changed.

The default is none and they make no sound.

Caledon Ken, Dec 9, 2017
  7. Octopolus Win User
    *Eek so your telling me that the default sound is none when you empty the trash and when you start navigation in file explorer?
    really? then i must remember wrong. but im pretty sure they made sound when my windows was a fresh install

Octopolus, Dec 9, 2017
  8. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

In a box I installed clean they were set to none.

Check another clean install. Same.

Caledon Ken, Dec 9, 2017
  9. Octopolus Win User
    ok so either i remember wrong about having sound on them at first, or either the sound-settings changed after i upgraded to another newer version of win10

Octopolus, Dec 9, 2017
  10. spunk Win User
    If you want sound on those things, Take the drop down menu under Sounds and choose a sound you want, and test it. You can also press the Browse button and choose any of the sound folders and choose the sounds in there.

spunk, Dec 10, 2017
  11. Octopolus Win User
    if i want a sound when the computer asks " do you want to remove these items" (from the trash) which one on the list should i select a sound for?

Octopolus, Dec 13, 2017
  12. Sorry not following. Pick a sound or sound bite you like.

Caledon Ken, Dec 13, 2017
  13. Octopolus Win User

yes, and use it on?

Octopolus, Dec 13, 2017
  14. sorry now I understand question. That I don't know. I tested a few with no results. Not sure there is one. You would have to test each sound menu item. Maybe the other member knows.

Caledon Ken, Dec 13, 2017
  15. Octopolus Win User
    ok thanks anyway.
    anybody else knows?

Octopolus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Some sound-effects are off after message in windows - Similar Threads - sound effects are

2. How do I turn-off this sound-effect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn-off this sound-effect?: I use the accessibility-function of the Number-Pad that allows it to be used as mouse-buttons: "5" for click, "+" for double-click, etc. . In the Blender app I have to toggle that function a lot using the "Num Lock" key, as in Blender the Number-Pad has the function of...
  3. How do I turn-off this sound-effect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn-off this sound-effect?: I use the accessibility-function of the Number-Pad that allows it to be used as mouse-buttons: "5" for click, "+" for double-click, etc. . In the Blender app I have to toggle that function a lot using the "Num Lock" key, as in Blender the Number-Pad has the function of...
  4. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  5. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Sound effects: I'm using a desktop PC by HPI'm using the latest updates for Windows 10I'm using the latest updates for MS EdgeI'm using the latest version of ATT/Yahoo e-mail.Is it possible either in Windows or Edge to create a custom audible sound effect that would notify me if I get a new...
  6. Custom Sound effects

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Startup Sound effects?

Startup Sound effects?: I was wondering if Microsoft should allow for the sound effects from older operating systems to be downloaded from the store. I found a few sites which have the sounds, but I don't want to risk downloading malware. I really want to have the Windows Longhorn sounds on my...
  8. Charging Sound Effect

Charging Sound Effect: How Can I Add or Change Charger Connected And 100% Charged Sound Effects In Windows 10 Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charging-sound-effect/03a2c3b1-62a6-48b5-af08-1071c0a30ead
  9. Sound environment effects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound environment effects: I cannot find this anywhere. I want to add a environment effect to system wide sound. What I want is effects like, bathroom, concert hall, arena, etc etc. I Cannot find any way to do this ANYWHERE. I have been searching for hours. Am I completely missing something or is this...
  10. Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Avoid sound turning off after some time of inactivity?: I had to reset my Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573), Windows 10 Home, 64bit. After some time the sound, e.g. music (played with a music player program) is turned off automatically and the amplifier plugged in in the HDMI socket of the Notebook, a Pioneer VSX-830-K,...