Windows 10: Some sounds are toned down in Volume Mixer by "default"

Discus and support Some sounds are toned down in Volume Mixer by "default" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Title really says it all.. This is rather recent though, I could not trace what I did that caused the system to automatically adjust certain apps'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kensta1092, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Some sounds are toned down in Volume Mixer by "default"

Title really says it all..

This is rather recent though, I could not trace what I did that caused the system to automatically adjust certain apps' sounds as it pleases. It's both a nuisance and an inconvenience to have to go into Volume Mixer and up the volume of almost every app I have, including videogames

Some sounds are toned down in Volume Mixer by "default" [​IMG]

Is there any way I can remedy this, besides having to take the inconvenience to push all the sliders up? I'm on Windows 10 Home Fall Creators Update x64

P.S. Loudness Equalization is off in every area I could think of

:)

Kensta1092, Apr 26, 2018

2. Apps missing from volume mixer in Windows 10

Hi guys, i have a minor problem. Apps are missing from Volume Mixer. It only shows up "Speakers" as device and "System Sounds" and "Steam Client Bootstrapper" and i am currently playing YouTube video (with sound on) and some song in "Groove Music" app.
    Nothing shows up in Volume Mixer, there is sound, i hear it and all, but i want to disable sound in some apps and sometimes in Microsoft Edge when i am playing online games that have no "turn off sound" options, or apps that always start with sound on. I would
    appreciate any help, since nothing shows up in Volume Mixer so i cant mute it....

Nsdimitrije, Apr 26, 2018
  3. How to adjust Windows 10 notifications volume

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, there's a new kind of notifications when I plug a USB device. These come with a sound. But the volume is not adjusted by the "System Sound" slider in the volume mixer like the old Windows 7 notifications used to be. How
    can I turn down the volume of the new Windows 10 notifications?

JérômeVuarand, Apr 26, 2018
  4. Callender Win User

Some sounds are toned down in Volume Mixer by "default"

Callender, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

Some sounds are toned down in Volume Mixer by "default"

1. Some sounds are toned down in Volume Mixer by "default" - Similar Threads - sounds are toned

2. Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge no sound and not showing in volume mixer: I cant hear any sound from microsoft edge only, it is also not showing in volume mixer. im using win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-no-sound-and-not-showing-in-volume-mixer/294a351a-6fbc-439a-9bd9-003029421bff
  3. Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage: After reinstalling Windows, the Volume mixer stopped saving a sound percentage for individual applications, I have the latest drivers and latest Windows version....
  4. Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer is not saving a sound percentage: After reinstalling Windows, the Volume mixer stopped saving a sound percentage for individual applications, I have the latest drivers and latest Windows version....
  5. Sound-volume mixer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound-volume mixer: i use 2 chrome tabs one with work email and other with personal now using volume mixer i could set different volume levels for both tabs but from few days it doesnt show me 2 tabs in the volume mixer . there is only 1 volume level adjustment bar for both the tabs. I want to...
  6. No Audio; Nothing in Volume Mixer; Failed to play test tone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Audio; Nothing in Volume Mixer; Failed to play test tone: I have no idea what the problem is. Everything was fine a couple days ago. I was on discord and all of a sudden my audio was playing through discord so everyone was able to hear. My mic stopped working. So I restarted my computer forgetting that there was an update loaded....
  7. Notification sound not appearing in volume mixer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification sound not appearing in volume mixer.: Hi, appreciate any help. I have set Windows notification sounds to be completely silent, no sounds set for anything. Every 30 minutes I'll get a notification sound from something that is not viewable in the volume mixer. I've recorded my screen to capture the moment it...
  8. Default app volume in Volume mixer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default app volume in Volume mixer.: By default, Groove music is too loud, so I turn to the Volume mixer and set its volume to 1%. But when I close Groove window and launch it again, it again becomes 100% in the Volume mixer, so I need to change it every time. Can I solve this problem?...
  9. Volume Mixer Default fix.

in Windows 10 Support
    Volume Mixer Default fix.: Win 10 machine, Every time I reboot this desktop. It re-sets a item in the volume mixer. The one seen here that is now shut off. [img] Every time the computer starts it turns that back on, and it causes an endless feedback loop that continues to build in volume until I get...
  10. Open Volume Mixer By Default

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Volume Mixer By Default: Windows 10 opens to a single slider, perfect for touch screens, but I want the mixer back. As it is right now I have to right click to open it. How can I make it default. 9581