Windows 10: some specific large mkv files' transferring freezes

Discus and support some specific large mkv files' transferring freezes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I am currently trying to transfer files to my new 4tb WD external HD. Ran into a problem where some specific large mkv files transferring freezed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by keithktam, May 10, 2017.

1. keithktam Win User

some specific large mkv files' transferring freezes

Hi. I am currently trying to transfer files to my new 4tb WD external HD. Ran into a problem where some specific large mkv files transferring freezed. don't know what causes it. I did try to copy and paste the same file on the original location, same thing happened, so I know it not my new HD, is windows. Are anybody running into the same problem??
    thanks

:)

keithktam, May 10, 2017
  2. Bobby_Jay Win User

another Error applying attributes message.. Decrypting files

1. I posted the exact error message the only thing thats missing is the file name. It's a .MKV

2. Since lastnight

3. No

4.No just 2 specific files both .MKV's and both were transfered from my documents to my desktop.

Bobby_Jay, May 10, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    HD Files

Mkv file extension is not supported on Windows Phone. No way to play that I know of.

If an mkv is transfered to the phone via bluetooth it is discarded because it is not supported by the phone.

garym123, May 10, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

There's no information in your My Computer [bottom left] system specs so it's hard to say if there's hardware or software issues. I don't have drives larger than 2GB and no problems with larger files so would ask if other files transfer properly. I've stayed away from 3GB drives because of earlier problems and just haven't had a need for drives that large or larger yet.

Berton, May 10, 2017
  5. keithktam Win User
    any one having similar issue?? i have a feeling its the recent update causing it...

keithktam, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. some specific large mkv files' transferring freezes - Similar Threads - specific large mkv

2. Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv...: Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv extension.My PC has the following specs:Ryzen 2600x, GTX 960 4GB, 24GB DDR4, SSD 500gb with Windows 10 Pro, 2x 8tb HDD in RAID 1I built the system from spare parts as a home media server,...
  3. Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv...: Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv extension.My PC has the following specs:Ryzen 2600x, GTX 960 4GB, 24GB DDR4, SSD 500gb with Windows 10 Pro, 2x 8tb HDD in RAID 1I built the system from spare parts as a home media server,...
  4. Windows Explorer freezes and crashes when right-clicking specifically on files with .mkv...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  6. File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File transfer of large files or large numbers of files speed drops or stops: A similar question had been locked in 2019 with no clear answer. I ran into this in August, 2022. I came to the conclusion that the problem was I was trying to copy between brand new drives that were attached to the same USB 3.0 Hub. I moved one of the drives so it was...
  7. mkv files freeze computer on download

in Windows 10 Support
    mkv files freeze computer on download: Windows 10. I'm not even getting a chance to try and play them. Upon download, they cause my computer to hang up. I've never even gotten to the point of trying to play one. And I can't delete the file by normal means, I have to do all kinds of extra stuff to get it off my...
  8. MPC-BE Showing big Pixels on some .mkv files

MPC-BE Showing big Pixels on some .mkv files: I'm using MPC black edition x64 with external LAV filters set as priority. Some videos (some .mkv formats as far as I've seen) are displayed with big pixels in a stair like shape. what is the problem? I never had this issue with MPC-HC. here's an image: MPC — imgbb.com 136975
  9. mkv files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mkv files: was backing up a bluray disc to mkv using handbrake. some files i could play and others I could not, why? Played back on windows media player. any help would be graciously appreciated...
  10. Large file transfers between drives freezes midway - Win10 x64

Large file transfers between drives freezes midway - Win10 x64: Hello. If a moderator prefers to move this thread to another subforum please feel free. The issue is with transferring large files from my main HDD to my removable HDD, the transfer STOPS and Windows freezes (usually recoverable by clicking cancel and waiting for the task...