Windows 10: some start menu icons are showing up like this. I rebuilt the icon cache and stuff but it...

Discus and support some start menu icons are showing up like this. I rebuilt the icon cache and stuff but it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iusetiktokandreddit, Apr 13, 2021.

1. some start menu icons are showing up like this. I rebuilt the icon cache and stuff but it...

/u/iusetiktokandreddit, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Apr 13, 2021
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Apr 13, 2021
  4. MIRKOSOFT Win User

some start menu icons are showing up like this. I rebuilt the icon cache and stuff but it...

Start menu tiles with default file icon - how to solve it?

Problem is that icon cache I rebuilt.
    But you suggestion to change icons in programs in start menu is looking good - instead pinning icons by context menu only add them to programs and pin in start menu...

I will report if it helps.
    Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

some start menu icons are showing up like this. I rebuilt the icon cache and stuff but it...

1. some start menu icons are showing up like this. I rebuilt the icon cache and stuff but it... - Similar Threads - start menu icons

2. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu icons not showing: Hello, I don't know what happened, suddenly my icons disappeared, I want to fix this problem, it bothers me a lot, is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-not-showing/2938c0c0-1adf-4d46-8161-20c1a4b8aa62
  3. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu icons not showing: Hello, I don't know what happened, suddenly my icons disappeared, I want to fix this problem, it bothers me a lot, is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-not-showing/2938c0c0-1adf-4d46-8161-20c1a4b8aa62
  4. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. all my icons have a black box, I have rebuilt the icon cache like 4 times and its not fixing it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all my icons have a black box, I have rebuilt the icon cache like 4 times and its not fixing it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/el3ctric-runner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uhpeo9/all_my_icons_have_a_black_box_i_have_rebuilt_the/
  6. people icon not showing up in the start menu

people icon not showing up in the start menu: The people icon is not showing up in the start menu. The people app is installed but the icon is not showing up in the start menu. How to get it to appear in the start menu?[ATTACH]...
  7. Pin to start menu icon cache

Pin to start menu icon cache: Hey guys, I changed the Google Chrome icon with resource hacker and it changed just about everywhere. Rebuild icon cache and all is well now when i pin it to the start menu its the old icon.. is their a start menu cache icons file I have to remove ? 167021
  8. Start Menu Icon Not Showing Correctly

Start Menu Icon Not Showing Correctly: Hello, I was just wondering why some of the icons in my start menu don't show up correctly and instead showing this icon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.[IMG]...
  9. Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image]

Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image]: Hi some of the app icons that I have are not showing up on the start menu when I search for them. Please see attached image. This is not happening for all apps but a couple of them: Spotify, Skype, Microsoft Edge. The app appears on the taskbar, but its not showing up on the...
  10. Start menu icons gone for some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons gone for some programs: yo! All of a sudden the battle.net, chrome and evernote lost it's icons but they still work. how, why? 38027