Windows 10: Some startup apps don't start on boot?

Discus and support Some startup apps don't start on boot? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I've noticed this problem for a few months, some old and all new software rarely starts once I'm logged in, even if they're enabled within startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/infek, Oct 31, 2019.

1. /u/infek Win User

Some startup apps don't start on boot?

Hi, I've noticed this problem for a few months, some old and all new software rarely starts once I'm logged in, even if they're enabled within startup in task manager. I feel like I've inadvertently disabled something but I'm not able to find where.

I have previously googled and searched reddit for similar issues but I've seen nothing that's been able to solve the problem.

Any other info required let me know, thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/infek
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/infek, Oct 31, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 31, 2019
  3. all office apps startup only after re-start windows

If your computer has an SSD, then this should solve your issue and you won't see any noticeable bootup speed changes:

Disable Fast Startup (step by step):

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Navigate to Hardware and Sound --> Power Options
    3. Then click on "Choose what the power buttons do"
    4. Press "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    5. Under Shutdown settings untick the box beside "Turn on fast startup (recommended)"
    6. Save changes and reboot once.

Some startup apps don't start on boot? [​IMG]

Once logged in and Windows has booted up properly and settled, shut down your computer. After that boot your computer again and test your Office apps. They should work now.

slicendice, Oct 31, 2019
  4. Some startup apps don't start on boot?

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Some startup apps don't start on boot?

1. Some startup apps don't start on boot? - Similar Threads - startup apps don't

2. Apps in Startup folder don't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps in Startup folder don't: Running Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates.Have several app shortcuts in my startup folder and they always started when my PC booted up. But for the last few days they haven't started when my PC boots. Windows updated a few days ago 3-7-23 so that could be the...
  3. Apps in Startup folder don't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps in Startup folder don't: Running Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates.Have several app shortcuts in my startup folder and they always started when my PC booted up. But for the last few days they haven't started when my PC boots. Windows updated a few days ago 3-7-23 so that could be the...
  4. Apps in Startup folder don't

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Some app don't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some app don't open.: So, when I started to click Spotify on my laptop it just wouldn't open. I uninstalled it from the control panel and tried to install it again but the Spotify setup won't work or open. Same thing with apps like Roblox or Valorant. I uninstalled my Roblox too since I can't seem...
  6. Some app don't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some app don't open.: So, when I started to click Spotify on my laptop it just wouldn't open. I uninstalled it from the control panel and tried to install it again but the Spotify setup won't work or open. Same thing with apps like Roblox or Valorant. I uninstalled my Roblox too since I can't seem...
  7. Some app don't open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work: Hello, my system consist of three drives: - C: 128 GB SSD which is where windows installed - D and E: both sum is 3 TB and I keep all files and installations on them. my windows started to crash randomly and the C drive was getting low on spacelike 15 GB remaining. so I...
  9. Some apps don't show up in start menu search results

in Cortana
    Some apps don't show up in start menu search results: Hi there experts, For a few weeks now I have been having a problem where some applications -- but not all -- just don't show up when I type into the start menu search. For example, I might launch Firefox by just typing "fir", at which point Firefox becomes the Best Match,...
  10. Some apps crash on startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Some apps crash on startup: Hey guys, I just upgraded to Windows 10 and some apps and accessories aren't working for me. Microsoft Edge doesn't open or do anything when I click the taskbar icon for it. When I try to open System Information it opens for a second then sends an error report for crashing....