Windows 10: Some Still Get It Wrong: Windows 10 Won’t Launch as a 1-Year Trial

Discus and support Some Still Get It Wrong: Windows 10 Won’t Launch as a 1-Year Trial in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft announced during a January event at its headquarters in Redmond that Windows 10 would be offered free of charge to those on Windows 7 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jun 15, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Some Still Get It Wrong: Windows 10 Won’t Launch as a 1-Year Trial

Source

:)

labeeman, Jun 15, 2015

2. Turbotax 2016 Deluxe will no longer launch in Windows 10

Results of Method 1: I get this error message. “There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800700c1)”

Results of Method 2: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

Turbo Tax still won’t launch.

JamesWolsieffer, Jun 15, 2015
  3. Question related to upgrading Windows 10

Sir,

I have reserved Windows 10 for my Laptop.

I have following issues:

1. After lapse of 1 year of free trial of Windows 10, is it mandatory to buy Windows 10?

2. For some reason/s, if I am not satisfied with Windows 10, can I go back to Windows 7 (SP1) anytime before 1 year?

RajanKinnerkar, Jun 15, 2015
  4. LittleJay Win User

It's not hard to understand why there is confusion regarding this issue. Microsoft has never given an OS away for free before and people naturally figure there must be a "catch" to it. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Jun 15, 2015
  5. wase4711 Win User
    I guess it depends if you are a "cup is half empty", or a "cup is half full" kind of person

wase4711, Jun 15, 2015
  6. I see this on other forums I read

wait till win 10 hits the masses, confusion will be even greater

paulsalter, Jun 15, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    This is really no different from the situation with Windows 8. When Windows 8 was first released, Microsoft offered a low-cost upgrade for a period of time. Those upgrades you purchased at that low cost are still valid even today, and you don't have to pay full price if you want to reinstall Windows 8 today.

It's exactly the same thing with Windows 10, except that instead of it being low cost, it's free.

Mystere, Jun 15, 2015
  8. LittleJay Win User

The one difference I see is that with Windows 8, you were upgraded to the professional version. But with the "free" Windows 10 upgrade, you are upgraded to the same version you are currently running. I think it would be nice if Microsoft offered the same special price break to those like me who would pay $40 to upgrade W7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Professional.

LittleJay, Jun 15, 2015
  9. ramram55 Win User
    What if after the 1 year freebie of Windows 10, MS comes up with new OS (let us call it windows 11 or some fancy name), yes, upfront it is windows 10 is free, then the new OS will have to be purchased. They got to make selling software their main business.

ramram55, Jun 15, 2015
  10. Mystere Win User
    What if.. what if... what if........ We can play that game all day long, what if the moon is made of green cheese?

Microsoft has said that Windows 10 is the last branded edition of Windows, all future updates will still be branded Windows 10.

Mystere, Jun 15, 2015
  11. ramram55 Win User
    This is big business, nothing personal, if MS could not keep their words, then always windows 8 to fall on.

ramram55, Jun 15, 2015
  12. Mystere Win User
    What are you talking about?

Mystere, Jun 15, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

14. ramram55 Win User
    some way MS got to make money, windows 8 is to be hang on should there be any change of mind, just saying.

ramram55, Jun 15, 2015
  15. labeeman Win User
    It will not be free to OEMs or to company's using the OS.

labeeman, Jun 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Some Still Get It Wrong: Windows 10 Won’t Launch as a 1-Year Trial - Similar Threads - Still Wrong Won’t

2. MSFS one download and still won’t launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS one download and still won’t launch: Purchased standard MSFS for PC 10 DVDs. It so far has taken 4 days to install and when going to press play it then went on carry out 2 further updates. Which it carried out 1 of them and then got stuck on the second. Managed to get back into game and now have the following...
  3. Windows 10’s WinUI design upgrade is still on track to launch next year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s WinUI design upgrade is still on track to launch next year: WinUI 3, as you may recall, is all about the user interface and it will be the primary component of Windows 10’s highly-anticipated design update. WinUI is also important for Microsoft’s Project Reunion, which aims to bring modern UWP APIs and features to desktop apps...
  4. Windows 10 is trial for some reason.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 is trial for some reason.: Hello, my name is Dima Dmytro, I bought my laptop in 2017 with windows 10 in it. I have reset it to factory settings 4-5 times and now it says that my Windows 10 trial is version ends, and I haven't such messages before. What can be wrong and how to fix that?...
  5. Redeemed Code still trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redeemed Code still trial: Hi I've redeemed a Minecraft for Windows 10 code for my son but when I load the game it still appears to be in trial mode with the Unlock Full Game tab still there. When clicked it takes me to another screen asking me to purchase the game. I have already purchased the game....
  6. Windows 10 'trial'?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 'trial'?: Does anyone know if the windows 10 trial is still available? When you first install windows it used to give you an option to skip the licence key and use a non-activated version. You guys know if this is still possible? submitted by /u/Similars [link] [comments]...
  7. Three year trial

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Three year trial: I was recently informed that I had downloaded a three year trial of Windows 10 in 2016. I can't remember if this was true or not. If it was, how long do I have to purchase Windows 10, & install it before I loose everything?...
  8. App won’t launch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App won’t launch.: I downloaded the Windwso version 1809 2 days ago. Then I download Halo Wars 2 from the Microsoft store yesterday. Now when I try to launch it”Halo” pops up for 1 sec then crashes. I’m having the same Issue with MSI Kombuster. Reinstalling did nothing. Please help 119264
  9. App won’t launch.

in Windows 10 Support
    App won’t launch.: I downloaded the Windwso version 1809 2 days ago. Then I download Halo Wars 2 from the Microsoft store yesterday. Now when I try to launch it”Halo” pops up for 1 sec then crashes. I’m having the same Issue with MSI Kombuster. Reinstalling did nothing. Please help 119264
  10. Trial, trial trial, windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Trial, trial trial, windows 10: Somone, for the love of God please help me. I upgraded to windows 10 last night. I love it so far, BUT, and this is a HUGE BUT, there is a problem. I think it is cortana saying, trial, trial, trial, trial, every 10 seconds or so and IT NEVER STOPS. I have to keep my speakers...