Windows 10: Some Still Get It Wrong: Windows 10 Won’t Launch as a 1-Year Trial

Discus and support Some Still Get It Wrong: Windows 10 Won’t Launch as a 1-Year Trial in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As an ex-platoon sergeant, that's how I like my answers: "Yes", "No", or "I don't know"*Smile. To me anything else can be read into, and that's where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jun 15, 2015.

1. CountMike New Member

Some Still Get It Wrong: Windows 10 Won’t Launch as a 1-Year Trial

Should a Sargent ever say "I don't know" ? My always said " it's on a need to know basis and you don't need to" but I was in the navy.

CountMike, Jun 15, 2015
  2. Gary Win User

He might mean that Insiders will continue to get updates but The Preview will still expire on 10.01.2015..?

3. CountMike New Member
    Might mean this or that, could be but maybe not, is just the problem, it's just like talking to darn Oracle. At least she had an excuse, noxious fumes coming from cavern or maybe high on something.
    I think, I'll just brake out Tarot cards and have a go with them.

CountMike, Jun 15, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

And he might mean that the TP/Insider program will continue with new builds and the current ones will drop on October??

BunnyJ, Jun 15, 2015
  5. *Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

Indianatone, Jun 15, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    At this point in time I do not even know what he means. I went back to my Win 7 disk until MS decided to release an update to 10130.

7. Yes they have. The gave Windows 7 and Windows 8 away for free if you bought PC with the previous OS on it 2 months before the new OS was released. You had to register at a website and the sent the install DVD's to you.

orlbuckeye, Jun 16, 2015
  8. Some Still Get It Wrong: Windows 10 Won’t Launch as a 1-Year Trial

I fell into this confusion and was ready to buy several copies of Win10 so I wouldn't have to worry about it a year down the road. Fortunately, I posted what I was planning to do here and you guys saved me from spending a beaucoup amount of money for no good reason!

John Pombrio, Jun 17, 2015
  9. Fragment Win User
    yeh! dont stress yourself out.

i mean lets pick the most extreme case hypothetically:

1. you want windows 10
    2. you dont own windows 7 or 8 or xp or vista because you are a linux guy and now you want to switch
    3. -> means you can buy a cheap 7 or 8 license (ie. ebay) until 28th of july 2016 and install it right away to upgrade to 10 the same day

so... no hurries...
    many people seem too anxious and pressured in here.
    absolutely no reason to be.

Fragment, Jun 17, 2015
  10. groze Win User
    Are those ebays license legal? I didn't think they are but I will leave it to a mvp to answer that question.

groze, Jun 17, 2015
  11. Mystere Win User
    Microsoft aggressively works with Ebay to remove illegal licenses. So, you can usually expect that if a license sale makes it all the way through, it's probably legitimate. It's either a new Retail license, or it's a transferred retail license. Or, in some cases, it might be a new OEM license (sold with a mouse or some hardware to make it legal), or a System Builder license (which doesn't have the hardware requirement).

Mystere, Jun 17, 2015
  12. Fragment Win User
    what do you mean with ebay license? ebay has nothing to do with a product i sell. ebay is just a platform, like amazon marketplace.
    if you sell a sealed box with a legal copy of w7 on ebay ... what should be illegal about it.
    even if its not sealed and you stopped using w7 cuz u switched to linux completely. (as long as it is in the original box and includes the install medium, license certificate & manual - if only one of those is missing you are not allowed to sell it!)
    you can sell your non-OEM os licenses as standalone products.
    as well as you can sell OEM os licenses as long as you sell it along with the device they came.

i for myself have about 10-15 sealed windows 7 32/64 boxes in my basement, waiting to be sold when prices go higher in the next year until the keydate of 28th of july 2016. or maybe used for some upgrades to windows 10 on my linux machines, i dont know yet.

Fragment, Jun 17, 2015
  13. groze Win User

groze, Jun 17, 2015
  14. wase4711 Win User
    it may or may not be legal, but I would NEVER buy licensed software on Ebay, unless it was from someone who I had done business with many times before, was a verified power seller, and/or allowed full returns..
    Other things, not a problem, but not "licensed" soft ware that could be easily bootlegged/not "official"

wase4711, Jun 17, 2015
  15. Fragment Win User
    i was never saying there arent untrustworthy sellers in our big cruel world lol.
    but selling and buying licenses is perfectly legal.

it is the same when you buy hardware from a private contact.
    it could be non working. but you bought it as you saw it. so you cant return it because it was a non-commercial selling contract with no warranties.

on the other hand there are official and trusted shops on ebay as well that are certified by microsoft. so i dont understand your point.

there are scammers in the world. that doesnt mean there arent easy ways to get a legal copy of windows cheap of the internet.
    but yeah sure. this fear that is generated by many is just an advantage for MS to sell licenses out of their infinite license printing machine. when hundreds of thousands licenses are lying around unused in the private sector already.

MS will of course recommend the trusted shops only because it means money for them.
    it doesnt cost them anything to generate a license key. so why encourage users to buy free unused legal licenses when you can warn them about the oh so hiiiiiiiiiiigh probability that you will receive an illegal license when buying from an ebay shop with 10k positive remarks and genuine verifications.

but well as i say often enough. everyone crafts his own world... right? *Tongue

Fragment, Jun 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Some Still Get It Wrong: Windows 10 Won’t Launch as a 1-Year Trial - Similar Threads - Still Wrong Won’t

2. MSFS one download and still won’t launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS one download and still won’t launch: Purchased standard MSFS for PC 10 DVDs. It so far has taken 4 days to install and when going to press play it then went on carry out 2 further updates. Which it carried out 1 of them and then got stuck on the second. Managed to get back into game and now have the following...
  3. Windows 10’s WinUI design upgrade is still on track to launch next year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s WinUI design upgrade is still on track to launch next year: WinUI 3, as you may recall, is all about the user interface and it will be the primary component of Windows 10’s highly-anticipated design update. WinUI is also important for Microsoft’s Project Reunion, which aims to bring modern UWP APIs and features to desktop apps...
  4. Windows 10 is trial for some reason.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 is trial for some reason.: Hello, my name is Dima Dmytro, I bought my laptop in 2017 with windows 10 in it. I have reset it to factory settings 4-5 times and now it says that my Windows 10 trial is version ends, and I haven't such messages before. What can be wrong and how to fix that?...
  5. Redeemed Code still trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redeemed Code still trial: Hi I've redeemed a Minecraft for Windows 10 code for my son but when I load the game it still appears to be in trial mode with the Unlock Full Game tab still there. When clicked it takes me to another screen asking me to purchase the game. I have already purchased the game....
  6. Windows 10 'trial'?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 'trial'?: Does anyone know if the windows 10 trial is still available? When you first install windows it used to give you an option to skip the licence key and use a non-activated version. You guys know if this is still possible? submitted by /u/Similars [link] [comments]...
  7. Three year trial

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Three year trial: I was recently informed that I had downloaded a three year trial of Windows 10 in 2016. I can't remember if this was true or not. If it was, how long do I have to purchase Windows 10, & install it before I loose everything?...
  8. App won’t launch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App won’t launch.: I downloaded the Windwso version 1809 2 days ago. Then I download Halo Wars 2 from the Microsoft store yesterday. Now when I try to launch it”Halo” pops up for 1 sec then crashes. I’m having the same Issue with MSI Kombuster. Reinstalling did nothing. Please help 119264
  9. App won’t launch.

in Windows 10 Support
    App won’t launch.: I downloaded the Windwso version 1809 2 days ago. Then I download Halo Wars 2 from the Microsoft store yesterday. Now when I try to launch it”Halo” pops up for 1 sec then crashes. I’m having the same Issue with MSI Kombuster. Reinstalling did nothing. Please help 119264
  10. Trial, trial trial, windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Trial, trial trial, windows 10: Somone, for the love of God please help me. I upgraded to windows 10 last night. I love it so far, BUT, and this is a HUGE BUT, there is a problem. I think it is cortana saying, trial, trial, trial, trial, every 10 seconds or so and IT NEVER STOPS. I have to keep my speakers...