Windows 10: Some stuff happened to my laptop, I wanted to factory reset it back from how I got it but...

Discus and support Some stuff happened to my laptop, I wanted to factory reset it back from how I got it but... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gabriel_Fernadez [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gabriel_Fernadez, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Some stuff happened to my laptop, I wanted to factory reset it back from how I got it but...

/u/Gabriel_Fernadez, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Shnxxx Win User

[HELP] I would like to factory reset my LAPTOP

I got bumped into this one video on YouTube which says that I should do before using a new laptop. It introduces me to Macrium Reflect. New laptop users should always save a snapshot of the factory-configured laptop (without windows updates) so you could always start fresh when you feel that your laptop is already sluggish.

So, I've been searching if there are available snapshots for the same unit and model of my laptop. I would like to factory reset it. It doesn't perform well now. Last year, I loved to play CS: GO. My FPS back then was 250+ in my low-medium settings, 4:3 aspect ratio. And just last week, I tried to update CS: GO and played it again, same settings, I barely get 90FPS and stables at 60FPS, and it is bad. FPS gets worse when lots are happening in the game.

I tried using DDU for both Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers, thinking that re-installing it will fix my FPS issues, but nothing happened.

My current version: 2004 (OS Build 19041.329)

Here is my Laptop model and specs:

• Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-576G) / (E5-576G-50EN)
    • Intel i5-8250U
    • Nvidia GeForce MX150 2GB
    • 8GB DDR3L RAM
    • Samsung SSD 860 Evo 500GB
    • Realtek HD Audio
    • Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
    • Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Shnxxx, Jul 26, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jul 26, 2020
  4. momoXL Win User

Some stuff happened to my laptop, I wanted to factory reset it back from how I got it but...

I have factory reset my laptop, so it reverted back to Windows 8.1, how can i get back w10

Hey Guys,

I got my free upgrade to W10 when its released, i have been using it since then, however my laptop got some problem so i have used factory reset option, it reverted back to W8.1 jus like when i bought the Laptop. So, i lost my free upgrade to W10? if not
    how can i get it back. Kindly help.

Thanks in Advance

Sai

momoXL, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Some stuff happened to my laptop, I wanted to factory reset it back from how I got it but...

1. Some stuff happened to my laptop, I wanted to factory reset it back from how I got it but... - Similar Threads - stuff happened laptop

2. I did sync my stuff before I did a reset. I want my downloads back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did sync my stuff before I did a reset. I want my downloads back.: I sync all my stuff before I did a factory reset I want my stuff back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-did-sync-my-stuff-before-i-did-a-reset-i-want-my/383ef5ca-375a-4336-a2dd-5c5d03377227
  3. I want to factory reset my Mecer Z140C laptop, but it does not want to.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to factory reset my Mecer Z140C laptop, but it does not want to.: When I press on Reset this PC, I select the option to Remove everything, but then a message "Could not find recovery environment. Insert your windows installation or recovery media. and restart your pc with the media" pops up. I don't know what either of those are and I also...
  4. I want to factory reset my Mecer Z140C laptop, but it does not want to.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to factory reset my Mecer Z140C laptop, but it does not want to.: When I press on Reset this PC, I select the option to Remove everything, but then a message "Could not find recovery environment. Insert your windows installation or recovery media. and restart your pc with the media" pops up. I don't know what either of those are and I also...
  5. I want to factory reset my Mecer Z140C laptop, but it does not want to.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. I want to factory reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to factory reset my pc: Ive tried literlly everything and this is making me so sad. My SFC and DISM don't work and i cant fix them.I cant reset my PC cause there are corrupt files and i cant fix the corrupt files.I cant do any updates, or fix anything cause the things that fixes things doesn't...
  7. I want to factory reset my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to factory reset my pc: Ive tried literlly everything and this is making me so sad. My SFC and DISM don't work and i cant fix them.I cant reset my PC cause there are corrupt files and i cant fix the corrupt files.I cant do any updates, or fix anything cause the things that fixes things doesn't...
  8. I want to factory reset my pc

9. What happens if I do a factory reset on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if I do a factory reset on my laptop?: Hey guys, I'm locked out of my computer and can't seem to reset the administrator password to get back in. What can I do to solve this? Would I have to reinstall windows? If I do a factory reset would that fix everything? I don't really care about losing my files. I just want...
  10. I want to factory reset my computer

I want to factory reset my computer: I want to factory reset my computer. When i go to start it it said i would lose windows 10 because my computer did not come with it installed. I got windows 10 through the free upgrade they had a while back. Is there a way I can still factory reset and keep windows 10?...