Windows 10: Some taskbar icons go blank at startup, come back after several minutes

Discus and support Some taskbar icons go blank at startup, come back after several minutes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/rainking430 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rainking430, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Some taskbar icons go blank at startup, come back after several minutes

/u/rainking430, Nov 27, 2020

2. Blank icons in taskbar on Windows 2016

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Confirm the said application you're using so we could fully understand the cause of the issue.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest restarting the Explorer.exe on the Task Manager. This may help resolve the issue with blank icons on the Taskbar. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager.

2. On the Task Manager window, click on More Details at the bottom left if it doesn't shows the
    Processes tab.

3. Scroll down the list of the Windows processes and locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it and select
    Restart.

Note: The desktop icons and the Taskbar will refresh and will be gone for a moment after this process. It should reappear automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Some taskbar icons go blank at startup, come back after several minutes

Blank icon on taskbar windows 10

Hi Jirad,

Corrupted system files or application may be one of the possible causes why some icons in your Taskbar is missing. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with the 3 apps you've mention or with other application also?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to click those apps with missing icons in your Taskbar?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Guru Khan G on this
    thread on how to troubleshoot missing Taskbar icons. This will also help you
    scan for corruption and restore corrupted files/Windows corruptions error.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Some taskbar icons go blank at startup, come back after several minutes

1. Some taskbar icons go blank at startup, come back after several minutes - Similar Threads - taskbar icons blank

2. Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation: I migrated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, on a Dell Inspiron laptop, was successful. However after hibernation most of the taskbar icons are blank. They do exist as I can click on the blank space to activate each application. The "fix" is to restart File Explorer via the task...
  3. Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank Taskbar Icons after hibernation: I migrated from Windows 10 to Windows 11, on a Dell Inspiron laptop, was successful. However after hibernation most of the taskbar icons are blank. They do exist as I can click on the blank space to activate each application. The "fix" is to restart File Explorer via the task...
  4. Task bar goes blank, icons disappear, and then desktop icons come back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar goes blank, icons disappear, and then desktop icons come back.: After the February 2022 Windows 11 update the one that added the clock/date on the second monitor and updated note pad, I gotten times where my taskbar goes blank and the icons disappear for a few seconds. Then 5 to 20 seconds later, the icons come back and then bounce as...
  5. Task bar goes blank, icons disappear, and then desktop icons come back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar goes blank, icons disappear, and then desktop icons come back.: After the February 2022 Windows 11 update the one that added the clock/date on the second monitor and updated note pad, I gotten times where my taskbar goes blank and the icons disappear for a few seconds. Then 5 to 20 seconds later, the icons come back and then bounce as...
  6. Blank icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank icon on taskbar: When ever I open any app not pinned to taskbar it displays blank icon instead of its real icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icon-on-taskbar/2d5ccfc2-598f-4155-bd95-33f10c7b785b
  7. used several apps to remove the taskbar - it keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    used several apps to remove the taskbar - it keeps coming back: The apps I tried are: TaskBar Hider, Taskbar Hide, and Taskbar Eliminator. I settled on Taskbar Hide for now, but I would like to know if there are alternatives or other tricks to keep the taskbar away from my screen. Killing explorer.exe was the most successful trick so...
  8. Blank icons on the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank icons on the taskbar: There is a problem that happened to my computer just now. This also happened to my 2014 computer. Any help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AefGYg88SyM Information on Winver: Microsoft Windows Version 10.0 Build 10240 c 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved....
  9. Black screen problem with only taskbar for several minutes upon startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen problem with only taskbar for several minutes upon startup: Ever since 2 weeks ago, my laptop has been experiencing issues upon startup. I don't remember the exact circumstances now, but one day I signed in, and my screen was in black-and-white, even though I had changed nothing. Then, every day since, when I start my computer the...
  10. Windows 10 some icons go blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 some icons go blank: Hello, Some of my icons in the settings app, startup bar and snip&sketch go blank like this. I suspect this to happen with other apps too. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-some-icons-go-blank/184d36c0-2798-496e-8c1b-d584b0701650