Windows 10: Some tasks, like, " save as " are slow to respond...I get a, " not responding " message

Discus and support Some tasks, like, " save as " are slow to respond...I get a, " not responding " message in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Some tasks, like, " save as " are slow to respond...I get a, " not responding " message. Happens also with my Audacity program & sometimes with Adobe.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlbiKoteles, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Some tasks, like, " save as " are slow to respond...I get a, " not responding " message

Some tasks, like, " save as " are slow to respond...I get a, " not responding " message. Happens also with my Audacity program & sometimes with Adobe.

:)

AlbiKoteles, Mar 1, 2019

2. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Task Bar, Task manager and apps, all not responding, Windows 10

step 1 worked a dream. Had earlier tried everything suggested in these forums. nothing had worked to solve the problem. The media creation tool as suggested in step 1 did the trick. - it took several hours, but worth it.

ps. original complaint - non responding - and task manager - blank or useless.

Harry Thompson 966, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Some tasks, like, " save as " are slow to respond...I get a, " not responding " message

I keep getting a not responding error message

Hi Bobbie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We apologize for the delay and the inconvenience caused.

When you face the "Not Responding" error in File Explorer, it might mean that you computer is slow to process the information. At times the above error can also occur when you are running multiple programs in your computer which might cause the processor
    to run little slow.

To rectify the above, I suggest that you Run maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.

Also as for the issue with your word programs not responding, I suggest that you try using Microsoft Office Word program and check if the same issue arises when that program is running.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Some tasks, like, " save as " are slow to respond...I get a, " not responding " message

1. Some tasks, like, " save as " are slow to respond...I get a, " not responding " message - Similar Threads - tasks save are

2. windows slow responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows slow responding: windows slow responding mouse have to click many times but mouse moving fast but when clicking is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-slow-responding/b1814a7c-c244-4193-bb1a-07dd87fa02fa
  3. "Save As" Not responding - A Solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Save As" Not responding - A Solution: I was having trouble with the "save as" function in Chrome, especially with PDF files. I would try to save them, the save box would open, it would say "working on it", but it would eventually show "not responding." I've spent several hours trying all of the different fixes on...
  4. "Save As" Not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Save As" Not responding: I was having trouble with the "save as" function in Chrome, especially with PDF files. I would try to save them, the save box would open, it would say "working on it", but it would eventually show "not responding." I've spent several hours trying all of the different fixes on...
  5. "Save As" Not responding

"Save As" Not responding: I was having trouble with the "save as" function in Chrome, especially with PDF files. I would try to save them, the save box would open, it would say "working on it", but it would eventually show "not responding." I've spent several hours trying all of the different fixes on...
  6. "Save As" Not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar not responding: I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes made to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-responding/57e926ae-5fe3-4995-8104-9644e4fcfcfb
  8. task bar not responding

task bar not responding: I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes made to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-responding/57e926ae-5fe3-4995-8104-9644e4fcfcfb
  9. I am getting the message personal settings not responding.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am getting the message personal settings not responding.: After a recent update this week we get the message personal settings not responding. I follow some of the suggestions online and many of them tell me to get to the point and open my task manager but when I get there click on task manager it will not open I just get a blank...
  10. I keep getting "Not responding" messages.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep getting "Not responding" messages.: I doesn't matter what I'm doing, I get a lot of "not responding" messages. I have 6Gb of ram and masses of disk space. I have just looked at some photos in Photo Viewer and tried to "Open With", but I get "not responding". I wait for a length of time and eventually get "Do...