Windows 10: Some text in Chrome is broken up & unreadable

Discus and support Some text in Chrome is broken up & unreadable in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Today the text in drop-down menus, lists, and other random areas is broken up. Sometimes if I scroll the affected area off screen and back on, it will... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RknRusty, Mar 14, 2019.

1. RknRusty Win User

Some text in Chrome is broken up & unreadable

Today the text in drop-down menus, lists, and other random areas is broken up. Sometimes if I scroll the affected area off screen and back on, it will become readable.
    Edge seems to work fine. I installed the latest Windows updates today(Wednesday, 3/13), and I'm not sure if it started before or after that. Attached is an example.Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks,
    Rusty
    P.S. As I was writing this, I found that if I highlight an entire word or sentence, I can't edit it. I must place the cursor next to it and manually delete or backspace to type and change it. Maybe this is a related clue?

Some text in Chrome is broken up & unreadable [​IMG]

:)

RknRusty, Mar 14, 2019

2. PDF text is rectangular & unreadable

Our Senior Center provides us with monthly pdf newsletters.
    --- At their office those newsletters are readable.

They have a third-party company that sends them out via an email distribution list.
    --- Until June 2018 they were readable.
    --- However, starting in July 2018 something changed, the text is no longer readable as characters are in rectangular form.
    --- The graphics for events & ads were still fine.

Some text in Chrome is broken up & unreadable [​IMG]

That's 4 months in a row now: I'd like to investigate possible causes.
    --- Advice please
    --- On those rectangular boxes, is there a technical name for them?

MeAndMyComputer, Mar 14, 2019
  3. CountMike Win User
    PDF text is rectangular & unreadable

Don't know exact name for it but it's caused by unknown font with unrecognized or incompatible characters. Which PDF reader is that ? Some have own fonts (Adobe Reader for instance) and some, specially if you view it in a browser, use system fonts.

CountMike, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Some text in Chrome is broken up & unreadable

red broken screen on google chrome

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Does this issue persist in incognito mode?

We would suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

Method 1:

1. Clearing cache and cookies
      from the Chrome browser.
    2. Try resetting
      the Chrome browser.
    3. If the issue persists, download and run
      Chrome Canary.
    Note: It is the cutting edge developer version of Chrome that can be installed alongside Stable Chrome. It's possible the problem won't exist on a future version.

Method 2: If you have NVidia graphic card installed then follow the below steps.

1. Go to NVidia control panel. Then go to
      Spectroscopic 3D category.
    2. Then go to Setup
      Spectroscopic 3D. Uncheck Enable Spectroscopic 3D.
    3. Then restart the computer and check if the issue still persist.

If the issue still persist after performing the above methods, then contact the

Google
    forum.

Let us know if you find this reply helpful by clicking Yes or No.

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Some text in Chrome is broken up & unreadable

1. Some text in Chrome is broken up & unreadable - Similar Threads - text Chrome broken

2. Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating: Some of the messages in Mail are unreadable. They display as text and formatting instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-mail-is-unreadable-displays-as-text-with/27a7b188-a9da-4c2e-a2ab-33c2783bdb7a
  3. Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some mail is unreadable. Displays as text with formating: Some of the messages in Mail are unreadable. They display as text and formatting instructions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-mail-is-unreadable-displays-as-text-with/27a7b188-a9da-4c2e-a2ab-33c2783bdb7a
  4. Broken Close & Minimize Pop-Up Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken Close & Minimize Pop-Up Text: Hello,I have this what I consider is a bug in Windows 11, is that whenever I hover my pointer onto the close or minimize button, it usualy appears a 'Close' or 'Minimize' pop up text. But, in my computer, it shows a black or blank box instead of the text. I tried the...
  5. RDP: low contrast / unreadable texts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP: low contrast / unreadable texts: [ATTACH] Using RDP sessions there are sometimes nearly unreadable (low contrast) parts. Transparency and RemoteFX have already been deactivated but with no effect....
  6. win10 bsod. text unreadable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 bsod. text unreadable: I've read a lot about blue screens but no one ever posted saying they couldn't read it.Sometimes the text is legible other times it appears to be a different language, it could be just gibberish. . But either way it always reboots. I've tried to disable the reboot feature but...
  7. Google Chrome Broken Text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome Broken Text: Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, or at least asking a question on it, and it's not even about my computer. My mother has a Lenovo running Win10, and recently, as in today, Google Chrome starting acting up. The only issue thus far is that when using the browser, the...
  8. Some apps have text appear too small (unreadable) and some apps have text appear too big

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some apps have text appear too small (unreadable) and some apps have text appear too big: Hello, I'm having a problem with some apps where they appear with text with varying sizes, making work very hard or impossible. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I have messed with a lot of things on the display options, as well as compatibility issues but I can't solve this question,...
  9. PDF text is rectangular & unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF text is rectangular & unreadable: Our Senior Center provides us with monthly pdf newsletters. --- At their office those newsletters are readable. They have a third-party company that sends them out via an email distribution list. --- Until June 2018 they were readable. --- However, starting in July 2018...
  10. Text in Edge's Tabpage unreadable

in Browsers and Email
    Text in Edge's Tabpage unreadable: Something very minor but annoying. I noticed the following recently: [img] The color of the texts in the tabs are the same as the color of the tabheaders themselves which make them hard to read. Anyone else who has this? 89890

Users found this page by searching for:

1. GOOGLE TEXT ILLEGIBLE

2. chrome troubleshooting display only some letters unreadable

3. chrome text unreadable

4. letters are broken up and unreadiable on web sites,
  5. chrome letters unreadable