Some things I like about FIle Explorer ...

Discus and support Some things I like about FIle Explorer ... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Nothing's perfect, but I enjoyed these changes: - an option to not show libraries - options to not show recently used - the scroll wheel works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJG, Aug 1, 2015.

1. DJG
    DJG Win User

Nothing's perfect, but I enjoyed these changes:

- an option to not show libraries
    - options to not show recently used
    - the scroll wheel works just by hovering over either the nav pane or the file list regardless of which is currently selected

:)

2. File Explorer Win User

File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 1, 2015
  3. cosbiss Win User
    7 things I don't like about Belle

1. Unlike Anna, Belle returned to initial smaller fonts.

2. The old beautiful Lockscreen Analogue Clock was wrongfully replaced with so called "Big Clock" which is obviously very small and hard to read.

3. Although the top drop down status bar is fine, the battery status and GSM signal became to small, again you need a sharp sight to see all icons at once.

4. The big digital clock from the home screen does not invite you to use it and the date is practically not readable.

5. Contact data also became very small, just on left side of the screen. In Anna you could clearly see phone numbers as they were full width. I don't know why Nokia try so hard not to use the screen free space.

6. Messaging no longer shows folders (Inbox, Sent..) by default, so it is awkard.

7. Fonts in calendar too small.

cosbiss, Aug 1, 2015
  4. wpcoe Win User

Thanks for mentioning "options to not show recently used," as the adding of recent files/folders to the Quick Access was driving me batty. I didn't think to look for an option to turn it off.

wpcoe, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Some things I like about FIle Explorer ... - Similar Threads - things FIle Explorer

2. Default apps by file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps by file type: Hello, Most of my programs are not installed in the system, they are what called 'portables'. They are unzipped into a folder (not on "C"), made a shortcut on the desktop and it works fine for me. In the control panel I want to set "Default apps by file type", but when I...
  3. How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?: I have used remote desktop for years, but since the windows 10 app came out, I have nothing but trouble. Most of the time it just won't connect. It wants an email or URL. This is a private LAN. I've enabled remote desktop on the server and my local PC. I am the administrator....
  4. Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 File deletion needs System Administrator Permission: I am the sole user of my computer. I cannot delete a file (or file folder) as to do so needs System Administrator Permission. I am the Administrator. How to I fix this?...
  5. Some text in Some apps are blury since most recent update.

Some text in Some apps are blury since most recent update.: I've fixed a few apps by running the 'compatibility' under properties. But this is a one at a time solution. this wasn't an issue before latest update. running nvidia geforce as my graphic card - latest driver update - and i just realized ITS text is blury none of...
  6. Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.

Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.: Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay! A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it down (I always close all the programs running) and then turn it on again (instantly or hours after), all of my programs were...
  7. Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar: This issue was raised 2 years ago, and yet nothing has been done about it. How can you have a utility meant to copy literally every single file on a hard drive, and not provide a way to track that progress, and make sure it's not stalled?...
  8. Something keeps happening when I type

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something keeps happening when I type: [ATTACH] Instead of a line when I type in a text box, it just becomes a whole black rectangle. Can someone help me? Thanks. Something I could of thinked of: (this started this morning) This morning, an update happened. The update could've done something to do this >...
  9. how do i find my cursor on acer windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i find my cursor on acer windows 10: how do I find my cursor on my acer laptop. windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-do-i-find-my-cursor-on-acer-windows-10/712f1d6f-06fd-45da-ade4-646a20b6b9a6
  10. Default apps by file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Default apps by file type: Hello, Most of my programs are not installed in the system, they are what called 'portables'. They are unzipped into a folder (not on "C"), made a shortcut on the desktop and it works fine for me. In the control panel I want to set "Default apps by file type", but when I...