Windows 10: Some things I like about FIle Explorer ...

Discus and support Some things I like about FIle Explorer ... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Nothing's perfect, but I enjoyed these changes: - an option to not show libraries - options to not show recently used - the scroll wheel works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJG, Aug 1, 2015.

1. DJG
    DJG Win User

Some things I like about FIle Explorer ...

Nothing's perfect, but I enjoyed these changes:

- an option to not show libraries
    - options to not show recently used
    - the scroll wheel works just by hovering over either the nav pane or the file list regardless of which is currently selected

:)

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 1, 2015
  3. cosbiss Win User
    7 things I don't like about Belle

1. Unlike Anna, Belle returned to initial smaller fonts.

2. The old beautiful Lockscreen Analogue Clock was wrongfully replaced with so called "Big Clock" which is obviously very small and hard to read.

3. Although the top drop down status bar is fine, the battery status and GSM signal became to small, again you need a sharp sight to see all icons at once.

4. The big digital clock from the home screen does not invite you to use it and the date is practically not readable.

5. Contact data also became very small, just on left side of the screen. In Anna you could clearly see phone numbers as they were full width. I don't know why Nokia try so hard not to use the screen free space.

6. Messaging no longer shows folders (Inbox, Sent..) by default, so it is awkard.

7. Fonts in calendar too small.

cosbiss, Aug 1, 2015
  4. wpcoe Win User

Thanks for mentioning "options to not show recently used," as the adding of recent files/folders to the Quick Access was driving me batty. I didn't think to look for an option to turn it off.

wpcoe, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Some things I like about FIle Explorer ... - Similar Threads - things FIle Explorer

2. quick question about some things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    quick question about some things: So I'm a little worried to why Microsoft Store is running in task manager and why Mail and Microsoft Store are using GPU I know its not using any since it says zero % but just a little curious...
  3. Things I Like About the Windows 10 October 2020 Update!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Things I Like About the Windows 10 October 2020 Update!: My List: 1. Shutdown without updating has been restored to the Power Button Menu! Thank You! 2. Action Center now tells you not only if a restart is needed, BUT why it is needed. 3. File Explorer and One Drive searching are now faster. Jack...
  4. Some colors on my computer suddenly changed like this in file explorer and when I mark some...

Some colors on my computer suddenly changed like this in file explorer and when I mark some...: This happened about 3 days ago and I don't know why,it is also same in app unistalling window, text is in yellow color. Can anyone help me fix this?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. regarding some code like thing

regarding some code like thing: I have an issue regarding some code which automatically restart my laptop. please look into this matter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/regarding-some-code-like-thing/5e72dc2a-7dd2-48c4-86de-0cd89ae45a62
  6. If There's One Thing I Don't Like About Windows 10

If There's One Thing I Don't Like About Windows 10: If there's one thing I don't like about Windows 10, it's that a solid colored background blocks my screen and cursor so I won't be able to see what I'm doing. That never happened on Windows 7....
  7. I would like some help with windows.old and other things

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I would like some help with windows.old and other things: Hi my names jacob im new ish to the pc Field but my pc was freezing then shuting down or when ever i booted the pc it would go into a boot loop soi decided to do a reset and keep my personal files but when i went through everything in file explorer nothing had been deleted...
  8. file explorer displaying things incorrectly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer displaying things incorrectly: Whenever I try to delete big files, my storage shown in file explorer shows that I am losing space rather than gaining space. Not sure why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-displaying-things-incorrectly/40cd3369-f606-4f18-a624-1fd6ca8d9989
  9. Categories for File Explorer or the like

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Categories for File Explorer or the like: So I realize that File Explorer has been talked to death on here but I haven't been able to find any post relating to this and I'm hoping someone has an idea if it's possible or not. Because of my work, I tend to have alot of sub-folders upon sub-folders upon sub-folders,...
  10. One thing i don't like about win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    One thing i don't like about win 10: Hello everyone, So i just upgraded to Win10 and so far everything seems to work smoothly, however, there is one minor thing that really bother me, which is forcing the user to login with his Microsoft Account instead of the local one in order to use features Cortana, and...