Windows 10: Some things I like about FIle Explorer ...

Discus and support Some things I like about FIle Explorer ... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Nothing's perfect, but I enjoyed these changes: - an option to not show libraries - options to not show recently used - the scroll wheel works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJG, Aug 1, 2015.

1. DJG
    DJG Win User

Some things I like about FIle Explorer ...

Nothing's perfect, but I enjoyed these changes:

- an option to not show libraries
    - options to not show recently used
    - the scroll wheel works just by hovering over either the nav pane or the file list regardless of which is currently selected

:)

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 1, 2015
  3. cosbiss Win User
    7 things I don't like about Belle

1. Unlike Anna, Belle returned to initial smaller fonts.

2. The old beautiful Lockscreen Analogue Clock was wrongfully replaced with so called "Big Clock" which is obviously very small and hard to read.

3. Although the top drop down status bar is fine, the battery status and GSM signal became to small, again you need a sharp sight to see all icons at once.

4. The big digital clock from the home screen does not invite you to use it and the date is practically not readable.

5. Contact data also became very small, just on left side of the screen. In Anna you could clearly see phone numbers as they were full width. I don't know why Nokia try so hard not to use the screen free space.

6. Messaging no longer shows folders (Inbox, Sent..) by default, so it is awkard.

7. Fonts in calendar too small.

cosbiss, Aug 1, 2015
  4. wpcoe Win User

Thanks for mentioning "options to not show recently used," as the adding of recent files/folders to the Quick Access was driving me batty. I didn't think to look for an option to turn it off.

wpcoe, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Some things I like about FIle Explorer ... - Similar Threads - things FIle Explorer

2. Is TaggedFrog thebest thing for adding tags to files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is TaggedFrog thebest thing for adding tags to files in File Explorer?: File Explorer's built-in feature to adding tags to files doesn't support many file formats, and I mainly want to add them to PDFs and TXTs. Can you also tell me what you like about it and what you don't? 123408
  3. Is TaggedFrog the best thing for adding tags to files in File Explor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is TaggedFrog the best thing for adding tags to files in File Explor?: File Explorer's built-in feature to adding tags to files doesn't support many file formats, and I mainly want to add them to PDFs and TXTs. 123408
  4. I can't make shortcuts for some things

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't make shortcuts for some things: I have been trying to make short cuts for a few things it goes to my desktop but when i go to use it the short cut isn't there, what can I do to fix this? Thank you 114567
  5. Question about file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about file explorer: Have recently opgraded from Windows 7 to windows 10. Most works fine, except the new file explorer. When I open a map, in the navigation panel on the left side, I have a list of maps, files, quick access, libraries, network links, recent maps and files etc etc. What I...
  6. Thing I HATE about Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Thing I HATE about Windows 10.: Going back to Windows 7 Ultimate as Windows 10 is unusable. It's so convoluted in what you can do that it boggles the mind. It won't let you copy files into a system folded (even when they are safe) unless you start that you're 100% ABSOLUTELY certain you want to do that....
  7. The Only Thing That I Like So Far About The Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    The Only Thing That I Like So Far About The Windows 10 Creators Update: The only thing that I seem to like so far from this update is how the colon for the time in the bottom right corner of the Taskbar got visually fixed! Let me explain... The colon that separates the hours from the minutes has been fixed; the distance of the bottom dot to...
  8. Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning things to the file explorer on start bar?: Not sure whether this is the appropriate forum, but, when you right click on the file explorer icon on the start bar you see, among other things, some frequently accessed folders and you see some pinned folders (downloads, pictures etc.) and I'm wondering whether there's any...
  9. I would like to change the way file explorer looks

in Windows 10 Support
    I would like to change the way file explorer looks: I would like to change the way file explorer looks, it looks like this now [img] I'd like it to look more like this [img] Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thanks 73631
  10. One thing i don't like about win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    One thing i don't like about win 10: Hello everyone, So i just upgraded to Win10 and so far everything seems to work smoothly, however, there is one minor thing that really bother me, which is forcing the user to login with his Microsoft Account instead of the local one in order to use features Cortana, and...