Windows 10: Some third party virus removed Windows defender entirely from my computer

Discus and support Some third party virus removed Windows defender entirely from my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I checked the windows defender on my Laptop. I found that it is empty, the whole screen is empty. so I followed various resolving issues online and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by vishalnagarajan, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Some third party virus removed Windows defender entirely from my computer

I checked the windows defender on my Laptop. I found that it is empty, the whole screen is empty. so I followed various resolving issues online and found that windows defender is completely deleted from my Laptop.

Some third party virus removed Windows defender entirely from my computer ff29b325-daed-4684-bbc0-0909ab59536d?upload=true.png

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2009.5-0

The Windows Defender folder is completely empty

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2009.5-0especially

Some third party virus removed Windows defender entirely from my computer 39544347-6e12-48d2-848c-1338e03fd136?upload=true.png

Check for windows update also not working error code: 0x80080005

Windows 10 home single language.version :2004

PS: I know reset windows will resolve this but I want a different solution without resetting windows.

:)

vishalnagarajan, Nov 26, 2020
  2. loreleip1 Win User

basic question: Win Defender virus cleaning, removing entire file?

hi - I'm new to PCs, and I transferred some Mac files via DropBox onto my PC. Windows Defender identified the virus W97M/Marker.T in many of them.

Question: if I "remove all" using Windows Defender, am I deleting the entire Word file, or is the process removing the virus from the Word file, leaving the Word file remaining?

thanks for any help.

loreleip1, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Virus Not Detected By Windows Defender

Hi,

If your running two antivirus at the same time and Windows Defender did not detect the virus, We suggest that you remove the virus with the third party malware that you're currently using. We recommend to use a single anti virus. and keep it up-to-date.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Robert Caw, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Kaven Val Win User

Some third party virus removed Windows defender entirely from my computer

basic question: Win Defender virus cleaning, removing entire file?

Hi there,

To answer your question, Windows Defender will only remove the virus and not the entire document. However, there is no guarantee that some of your Word files will not be affected. In some cases, corrupted documents that are beyond repair gets deleted.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Kaven Val, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Some third party virus removed Windows defender entirely from my computer

1. Some third party virus removed Windows defender entirely from my computer - Similar Threads - third party virus

2. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  3. windows third party virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows third party virus: So i have this problem where i apperently have a third party virus. i have tried many diffrent ways to get rid of it but i still cant get it to go away so if you know anything about it please reach out and help me...
  4. will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1: will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-third-party-virus-protection-protect-windows/0aadcde7-c49c-438b-ad8f-87740354687d
  5. will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1: will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-third-party-virus-protection-protect-windows/0aadcde7-c49c-438b-ad8f-87740354687d
  6. Third-party antivirus and Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Third-party antivirus and Defender: Hi all, I hope I can be as clear as possible. I have Kaspersky Total Security, and I've had it since December. Every once in a while I'll get notifications to turn on Microsoft Defender - I understand installing third-party antivirus software will turn off/disable Defender,...
  7. SWITCHING FROM THIRD PARTY ANTI VIRUS TO WINDOWS DIFFENDER

SWITCHING FROM THIRD PARTY ANTI VIRUS TO WINDOWS DIFFENDER: I CANT BE ABLE TO TURN ON MY WINDOWS DIFFENDER BACK AFTER UNINSTALLING AVAST. THE REAL TIME PROTECTION SWITCH IS ALSO NOT WORKING .PLEASE POST A SOLLUTION. MAY I KNOW DOES OTHERS HAVE THE SAME ISSUE...
  8. Windows Defender + third party protection

Windows Defender + third party protection: Hello Is there any way at all to keep Windows Defender antivirus and firewall.. the entire Windows defender package, running when a 3rd party solution is installed? I want to run it alongisde Kaspersky Security Cloud 158372
  9. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender: Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I had Eset for years with Malwarebytes as backup manual scanner, now with Win10 I'm considering leaving the paid antivirus...
  10. Using a third-party virus/malware app with windows defender.

Using a third-party virus/malware app with windows defender.: Does anyone know if there is a way to use a third-party virus/malware protection like Bytefence in conjunction with Windows Defender WITHOUT turning off similar features in Windows Defender? The problem is that Windows Defender shows that "actions are needed", and displays a...