Windows 10: Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files

Discus and support Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files in file explorer which is very frustrating because i want to know what i'm about to view before i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by .png, Aug 12, 2019.

1. .png Win User

Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files

Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files in file explorer which is very frustrating because i want to know what i'm about to view before i click on it.

:)

2. sam9 Win User

VLC not showing thumbnails view of Video File

VLC is not showing thumbnails view of video files. My Video files are generally flv. I have not checked whether it is showing thumbnails for other type of video files or not.

3. "save thumbnails" ala Media Player Classic, but automatic?

I have a feeling no one can tell what I'm trying to say.

Here's the screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files qx17hu.jpg

It's when you open video, and go to file and then Save Thumbnails.

Ignore the russian, family computer.

That's what I'm looking for, something that would go through a list of videos and save the thumbnails automatically.
    Or am I stuck adding them to the playlist and going through each one, one by one?

any sort insight into this would be GREATLY appreciated.

speedy11131, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Ar Rom Win User

Video Thumbnails not showing

Hi,

To address your concern, let's try to run the System File Checker scan to find and fix corrupt or missing system files. The steps are found on this

link

Keep us posted with the result.

Ar Rom, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files - Similar Threads - thumbnails don't show

2. Thumbnail on some videos not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail on some videos not showing: Hi,Some of the videos are not showing thumbnails in Windows 10. I can see them in Windows 7. I have done all the settings shown in the View Tab. Nothing seem to be working.Can you please assist.Thanks....
  3. Some *downloaded* videos from Youtube don't show thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some *downloaded* videos from Youtube don't show thumbnails.: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 20H2 19042.804 Hello! I'd just like to start off by mentioning that I'm pretty good with PCs. I've been using computers since 1983 and I worked in IT for 20 years. So I kind of know what I'm doing. Sometimes. Some of the newer stuff confuses me,...
  4. Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up

Photos & Videos Thumbnails don't show up: Basically when it's a jpg file the thumbnails shows up but when it's a PNG or MP4 file or any type of different file the thumbnail doesn't show up anymore, I tried going into system and check the "show thumbnail not icon" I tried going into folder options and do the same...
  5. Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some File Explorer thumbnails don't show: Just a couple of days ago I updated Windows 10 to v1909 from v1809. However, since the update, some MP4 video files don't show their thumbnails in File Explorer like in the previous version. I have no problem with videos that have a thumbnail embedded in the file. But some...
  6. Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos

Thumbnails not showing up for images and videos: Hi there, I don't know why, but whenever my thumbnails do not show the previews for the pictures Always tends to occur at night time. I've looked through MULTIPLE threads and they All say the same exact thing which is: "Go to View tab, go to Options, and go to the change...
  7. Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do some .docx files show up as previews in folder thumbnails, and others don't?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PhilipTerryGraham [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/etl6rf/why_do_some_docx_files_show_up_as_previews_in/
  8. 'Save As' files don't show up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Save As' files don't show up on File Explorer: About a month ago, I couldn’t get either the Edge browser or the Windows ‘dashboard’ to come up. I thought the problem must be with Microsoft (Chrome still worked), so I called their tech hotline to get some help. The guy did solve my problems, but I noticed when I...
  9. Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Show thumbnail for shortcut of a video file?: Is there any way for thumbnails to appear on shortcuts of video files? Just like if it was the actual video file? Right now I just have a generic icon. 115362
  10. PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't?

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't?: I am having this problem with PDF files. Some of them show the 1st page of the file(mostly books front cover) as thumbnail image on the desktop, and, inside folders, but, some don't show the thumbnail image of the first page in the file. These files that don't show the...