Windows 10: some tiles on laptop will not open

Discus and support some tiles on laptop will not open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having a real problem with certain tiles on the laptop. I have google there I also have it in the tray and on the start menu yet when I click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Laserbeam125, Nov 24, 2018.

1. some tiles on laptop will not open

I'm having a real problem with certain tiles on the laptop. I have google there I also have it in the tray and on the start menu yet when I click on any one of them they will not open, same for messenger for Facebook that thing refuses to open anywhere i click. any answers as to why this is happening? I'm ready to pitch this laptop as it's been nothing but a headache for months, nothing I do helps.

:)

Laserbeam125, Nov 24, 2018

2. Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. some tiles on laptop will not open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 24, 2018
  4. some tiles on laptop will not open

Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

some tiles on laptop will not open

1. some tiles on laptop will not open - Similar Threads - tiles laptop open

2. Can't move some of the start tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't move some of the start tiles: Hello, I'm not able to move the Documents, Music, Video, Downloads or Pictures start tiles. I can add/remove them and resize them, but my computer won't let me move them. I can click and drag them around, but they return to the same spot when I release the mouse button....
  3. Tap tiles won't open.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Tap tiles won't open.: Tap tiles won't open. When I click the Icon it opens for just a splash of a second and disappears. I can't right click on it and get to properties, or uninstall or reinstall it. How do I get it to work again?...
  4. Start Menu tiles will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu tiles will not open: When I touch any tile the screen clears and returns to the start screen again. Have restarted tablet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-tiles-will-not-open/882020d5-0fd3-419f-aab8-1a3e9c1ba59e
  5. Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles on Taskbar opens new tile when app opened: Recently I've noticed that when I open a a program from the icon on the taskbar, a new icon appears on the taskbar with a blue line underneath. I get that that is showing me an open application but I'm pretty sure that it used to just put the blue line under the first icon....
  6. Live tile not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live tile not opening: Having trouble with Live Tiles. I'm trying to open up Live News and weather tiles. I am able to open the start menu and see that they are updating with appropriate weather and top stories. When I try to open up the tile however, I am greeted by "An error occurred. Try...
  7. Some tiles won't update/work

Some tiles won't update/work: I've done a clean install and yet the issue persists. What should I do? 36715
  8. Store and some apps from tiles in start in windows 10 do not open

Store and some apps from tiles in start in windows 10 do not open: Store (windows app store) and various apps do not open from the start menu. Store will also not open from search box. It just flashes on the screen, but does not open. Apps- such as 3D builder, Alarms and Clocks, One Note, Sports just indicate this app cannot be opened and go...
  9. tile open file location

in Windows 10 Support
    tile open file location: Hello. Used to be able to "open file location" to rename a tile. Anyone know where they moved "tile" texts or tile shortcuts to? This is about build 17107 not in the usual place? not showing "open file location" ? [img] 104914
  10. No 'Open file locaton' on Some Start Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    No 'Open file locaton' on Some Start Tiles: After the latest update I no longer see the 'Open file location' in the context menu for start screen tile. I want to rename some but have been unable to did so. Where might I find the shortcut in Explorer so I can rename these tiles??? James 87006