Windows 10: Some tool to restore MP4 metadata?

Discus and support Some tool to restore MP4 metadata? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, so recently I made a new build, and in the process of transferring files over from the old drives, all the metadata from my video files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Akkuron, May 1, 2019.

1. Akkuron Win User

Some tool to restore MP4 metadata?

Hey guys, so recently I made a new build, and in the process of transferring files over from the old drives, all the metadata from my video files disappeared. In the "Details" tab of the the files' properties, only the "File" section exists. Apparently it happens if you copy from NTFS to FAT32. This is a problem for me, because I often sort my videos by Length or Frame Height/Width to help with further editing.

Is there way to restore at least those 3 details? Pretty much any video player will read the length and dimensions of a video, so I imagine it should be possible to batch-add them back with a tag editor, right?

:)

Akkuron, May 1, 2019
  2. 1Kurgan1 Win User

MCE and Metadata

WMC and Metadata

I just got my HTPC setup and I just added images for all my movies and I'm working on TV shows. But I now want to add metadata, I tried Yammm, but it did nothing. I would almost liek to just add my own. I want to have synopsis's even for my TV shows which I think all the programs out there only fetch info off IMBD. Any suggestions?

1Kurgan1, May 1, 2019
  3. 1Kurgan1 Win User
    Music Metadata grabber

Been working on sorting movies/tv shows/music and looking for something thats free and grabs metadata for my music files. I could do it all manually, but having something that helps would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion?

1Kurgan1, May 1, 2019
  4. Some tool to restore MP4 metadata?

A New Mp4 Player.

I'm gonna buy a new Mp4 player. Suggest me some good ones, I personally like the Sony NWZ-F and Cowon iAudio 10.

If there are any good or better please suggest!

Thanks.
    *Cool Some tool to restore MP4 metadata? :cool:

Pritish.Prayag, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Some tool to restore MP4 metadata?

1. Some tool to restore MP4 metadata? - Similar Threads - tool restore MP4

2. Cannot edit .mp4 metadata Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot edit .mp4 metadata Windows 10: Hello,I have downloaded several YouTube videos and I have them stored on an external hard drive. I would like to organize them a little better by editing their tags, genres, and ratings. However, when I go into the properties and edit these categories, I will get the pop-up...
  3. Cannot edit .mp4 metadata Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot edit .mp4 metadata Windows 10: Hello,I have downloaded several YouTube videos and I have them stored on an external hard drive. I would like to organize them a little better by editing their tags, genres, and ratings. However, when I go into the properties and edit these categories, I will get the pop-up...
  4. Cannot edit .mp4 metadata Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. System Restore Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Tool: Other than create system restore point, if i use system restore to put 1%, what does it delete? Will it happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-tool/aeec8497-d0c1-4361-afa2-5224f3434f07
  6. System Restore Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Tool: Other than create system restore point, if i use system restore to put 1%, what does it delete? Will it happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-tool/aeec8497-d0c1-4361-afa2-5224f3434f07
  7. System Restore Tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Tool to edit EXIF metadata for pictures?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tool to edit EXIF metadata for pictures?: Can someone recommend a GUI tool that makes it easy to edit the EXIF metadata for pictures? I am helping my dad organize some pictures and there's a large majority of them that have no EXIF data or incorrect EXIF data. The built-in Photos app looks like it allows you to...
  9. adding metadata to mp4 or avi file in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    adding metadata to mp4 or avi file in windows 10: are there any softwares or native way to add metadata (author,tags,description)to a MP4 or avi video file in windows 10?I'm trying to add metadata to the video file so the search engines can easily categorize my video.thanks a lot! submitted by /u/redjhn [link] [comments]...
  10. How do I edit the metadata of mp4, avi and mkv files?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I edit the metadata of mp4, avi and mkv files?: When viewing by details, you can choose to add various columns of metadata to the folder to sort files by, such as album or genre. How do you edit any of this data, for any file type? Right now my TV shows are sorted by season on my PC, but in different folders. What I...