Windows 10: Some USB folders show empty after transferring additional files

Discus and support Some USB folders show empty after transferring additional files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My PC (windows 10) has a 1TB drive. I have a large file of 175 GB which has three separate folders in it. I was trying to transfer these files to a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by luzchurch, Feb 19, 2021.

1. luzchurch Win User

Some USB folders show empty after transferring additional files

My PC (windows 10) has a 1TB drive. I have a large file of 175 GB which has three separate folders in it.
    I was trying to transfer these files to a USB with a capacity of 256 GB. I transferred one folder without a problem. But when I transfer he second folder, some of the files in the first folder show empty ( I had made sure they were OK before I tried to transfer the second folder) What is the problem here? The USB is new and there is no malware or virus in it. I tried it several times with the same res
    What is the best way to transfer my files from my PC to the USB without losing any data? Thanks for any help.

:)

luzchurch, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    Frequent USB folder/files don't show up in taskbar

Your screenshot shows Notepad as being open and a list of Recent files. This is mine with its list of Recent opened in Notepad:

Some USB folders show empty after transferring additional files [​IMG]

One nice thing about the Taskbar is when a program is open its icon shows and can be right-clicked and Pinned to Taskbar. When the program is closed the icon should remain.

Another thing that can be done is to create additional Toolbars, the small double-arrows [on the right of Desktop] can be clicked and get a list of the items on the Desktop.

Berton, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Some USB folders show empty after transferring additional files

USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Some USB folders show empty after transferring additional files

1. Some USB folders show empty after transferring additional files - Similar Threads - USB folders show

2. Some image files are not showing thumbnails after USB file transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some image files are not showing thumbnails after USB file transfer: Hello!Yesterday I was using a newly-bought USB stick. I didn't have enough space on OneDrive to automatically transfer files to a new PC and since I have a lot of files I need to transfer I decided to simply put all the files most of which are image jpg and PNG, however there...
  3. Some image files are not showing thumbnails after USB file transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some image files are not showing thumbnails after USB file transfer: Hello!Yesterday I was using a newly-bought USB stick. I didn't have enough space on OneDrive to automatically transfer files to a new PC and since I have a lot of files I need to transfer I decided to simply put all the files most of which are image jpg and PNG, however there...
  4. Some image files are not showing thumbnails after USB file transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to decrypt files and folders in Windows 10 after they are transferred to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to decrypt files and folders in Windows 10 after they are transferred to USB: I encrypted the folder with more files inside. I did without using password. Only choosed "Encyrpt contens ro secure data". After that I could use all files with no problem. After that I wanted to reset Windows, so I put all folder with files to USB and reset laptop. After...
  6. How to decrypt files and folders in Windows 10 after they are transferred to USB

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to decrypt files and folders in Windows 10 after they are transferred to USB: I encrypted the folder with more files inside. I did without using password. Only choosed "Encyrpt contens ro secure data". After that I could use all files with no problem. After that I wanted to reset Windows, so I put all folder with files to USB and reset laptop. After...
  7. Ext USB Drive Folders Empty after BSOD

Ext USB Drive Folders Empty after BSOD: I had a BSOD yesterday while unplugging a USB camera from an active USB extension cable connected to my PC. The system rebooted and everything seemed fine. Until today when I attempted to back up some files to my 8TB Seagate USB drive which is connected to this PC. The...
  8. download folders show empty

download folders show empty: i have a lenovo lap top with windows 10 pre installed and when i download any files they show empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folders-show-empty/a865bfc2-3105-4dc0-bf60-53631888f39d
  9. Empty folders transfer to USB when inserted

Empty folders transfer to USB when inserted: I'm unsure how it started, but I think a file transfer between a USB external SSD to another SSD failed. Since then almost every time I insert a USB thumb drive or SSD external drive, a series of empty folders automatically copies to the drive. I've deleted the folders...
  10. Empty USB ports showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Empty USB ports showing in file explorer: I just put the 1511 upgrade on (for the third time, but that's another story). I've noticed that when I open File Explorer I have a WHOLE BUNCH of USB ports that have nothing plugged into them... I have no idea what the upgrade did, but these weren't visible previously. How...