Windows 10: Some users cannot shutdown/restart Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Some users cannot shutdown/restart Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, We are using Windows 10 Pro version 1903 (Build 18362.476). Problem : Some 4 of 60 laptop users cannot shutdown/restart the laptop. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kay501, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Kay501 Win User

Some users cannot shutdown/restart Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

We are using Windows 10 Pro version 1903 (Build 18362.476).

Problem : Some 4 of 60 laptop users cannot shutdown/restart the laptop. The screen appears "Shutting down" or "Restarting" forever till they have to hold the power button till off.

- After the investigation on the same laptop, we found that …. local administrator and another domain user who just logs onto that laptop can shutdown/restart the laptop normally but not the owner who has been using that laptop for months.

- We already went to "Check for updates" and installed the latest version 1909 but did not help.

- Turning off the fast start also did not help

Did any of you experience this problem ?

Thank you!

:)

Kay501, Nov 20, 2019
  2. grandekid Win User

Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, Nov 20, 2019
  3. little cat, Nov 20, 2019
  4. StefanM Win User

Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

When you say "force shutdown" you mean you hit the power button?

Try from a CLI:
    shutdown.exe /force

StefanM, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Some users cannot shutdown/restart Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - users cannot shutdown

2. Windows 10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 restarts after shutdown: My windows 10 keeps restarting itself after I shut it down normally. The only way to get it to shut down is with force shutdown which obviously isn't too good. I've had this issue before like a year ago but I fixed it by disabling fast startup. A few days ago I installed a...
  3. Windows 10 restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 restarts after shutdown: My windows 10 keeps restarting itself after I shut it down normally. The only way to get it to shut down is with force shutdown which obviously isn't too good. I've had this issue before like a year ago but I fixed it by disabling fast startup. A few days ago I installed a...
  4. Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown: Like many others for the last few months I have been suffering from the restart problem.I have tried all of the suggestions on here but none of them worked.The problem is intermittant, sometimes it will shutdown and stay off, then for no reason that I could find the restart...
  5. Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Restarts after Shutdown: Like many others for the last few months I have been suffering from the restart problem.I have tried all of the suggestions on here but none of them worked.The problem is intermittant, sometimes it will shutdown and stay off, then for no reason that I could find the restart...
  6. some features are disabled and some options are cannot be accessible in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    some features are disabled and some options are cannot be accessible in windows 10 pro: How to fix dx setup parameters not found an error in my windows 10 pro in my personal hp laptop?How to enabled DWM DPI Scaling in my windows 10 pro in my personal hp laptop?How to fix an error allow access location on my windows 10 pro in my personal hp laptop?How to fix and...
  7. Windows 10 restart and shutdown stucks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 restart and shutdown stucks: These days my laptop starts to stuck in restart and shutdown screen without the loading circle of points and my pc acts like there is no restart , i still see the mouse cursor and the pc goes sleep mode Pleas the force shutdown suggestion isnt helpful bcz it always do this...
  8. Windows 10 restart after shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 restart after shutdown: Hey guys. I have a problem with windows 10. My computer restarts after a few seconds of shutting down. I've been having this issue for months. I tried every fix such as turning of fast start up and running a virus scan. I am not sure if it's even a hardware or software...
  9. Slow Restart For Some Reason--Windows 10 Pro 1909

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Restart For Some Reason--Windows 10 Pro 1909: Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535 Windows Defender Malwarebytes 4 Free Lately whenever i restart system takes like 1-5 minutes to go from Restarting screen to fully restarting, While updating today took at least 10 minutes before finally restarted, Previous Antivirus was Avast,...
  10. Windows 10 shutdown/restart issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shutdown/restart issues: Hi everyone, I recently performed a clean Windows 10 install. (From upgraded Windows 10 system) Now, i am facing some shutdown/restart issues. I never had similar issues before even under the previous Windows 10 system. (Same hardware) When i perform a...