Windows 10: Some video file are shows as photos.

Discus and support Some video file are shows as photos. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just noticed that in some folders, in my photo gallery, some video files are shown as photo - I can't tell the difference between photo and video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by A.B.6, Jun 30, 2020.

1. A.B.6 Win User

Some video file are shows as photos.

I just noticed that in some folders, in my photo gallery, some video files are shown as photo - I can't tell the difference between photo and video file until I click on the file and check its properties. In other folders, everything shows up as it should. Photos like pictures and video had that video frame from left and right side.

:)

A.B.6, Jun 30, 2020
  2. marcbyron Win User

N97: Photos and videos not showing up

Hi,

I took plenty of photos and videos at the U2 concert in NY with my N97 last week. But no video and photo shows up in either the photo or video apps on the phone. If I use the photo browser, I am able to access the photos from there, but not from the standard
    photo app.

The videos are nowhere to be found using the regular nokia apps, not even file explorer is revealing them.

The only way to access the videos is connecting the phone to the PC in Mass Storage mode. Then I can select the videos and copy them to my PC.

Is there a way to "refresh" the photo/video list in the phone?

Thanks,

MB

marcbyron, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Exporting Video File Created with Windows Photo

While using Windows Photos , to upload a file for sharing , after 'Create Video' , the generated export file , results in a pixelated grid output.

A combination of still photos and video clips. The format is .mp4 and shows where saved in File Explorer Directory. There is sound, but no image.

What further steps are required for successful exporting and playback of created video file??

DilligentEssence -, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

'Photo' files; Some do, some don't. (Open, that is).

Hi,

It is possible that you're unable to open some of the photos because it is corrupted. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried opening those photos using another application and check if the issue still persists?
    • What is the exact error message you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow that steps in this
    article
    to scan for corruptions and restore corrupted system files. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the instructions to restore Windows corruptions error by clicking on this

link

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Some video file are shows as photos. - Similar Threads - video file are

2. Thumbnail on some videos not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail on some videos not showing: Hi,Some of the videos are not showing thumbnails in Windows 10. I can see them in Windows 7. I have done all the settings shown in the View Tab. Nothing seem to be working.Can you please assist.Thanks....
  3. File corruption audio and video files showing 32kb file size of some

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File corruption audio and video files showing 32kb file size of some: Thank you everyone,I have tried to search help on this file corruption but get no fix. So I'm sorry if this has been asked before. Some of my video and audio files are corrupted, They show them as 32KB. Some of these corrupted video files are of my missions in Iraq that I...
  4. Photo App Video Editor only showing some thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App Video Editor only showing some thumbnails.: Hi All,How do you get the Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor to show all the thumbnails of images and video clips? It showed them all yesterday, but now the program is only showing some of them, making it extremely difficult to use the program.Thanks!...
  5. Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .

Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .: [ATTACH] This is coming even though my windows updated till : 2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems...
  6. Converting photos and videos in the photos app to a file

Converting photos and videos in the photos app to a file: So I have pictures that I took on my phone that i put on my desktop through the photos app, and I want to put it in a file, I've been trying to do it but I cant figure it out, can anyone help?...
  7. Only photos and videos showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only photos and videos showing: I plugged my ipad into my pc but it only shows my photos and videos but not my apps submitted by /u/benp129 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gdecn2/only_photos_and_videos_showing/
  8. Some of my videos are not showing in the Photos app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some of my videos are not showing in the Photos app.: I am able to open these videos in the Photos app from the folder, but they do not show up in the app timeline. These videos are in mp4 format and also do not generate thumbnail in the folder. Also, I was unable to change the date from within the Photos app. Any idea what...
  9. Some downloaded photos show as Notepad

Some downloaded photos show as Notepad: Until two or three days ago, any photo opened with Photos. Two or three days ago, some photos are being displayed as Notepad and others are opening with Photos. I would like them all to open with Photos, as they have to be separated into folders and moved onto flash drives...
  10. Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files

Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files: Some thumbnails don't show up for saved video files in file explorer which is very frustrating because i want to know what i'm about to view before i click on it....