Windows 10: some voice commands do not work in Word 365

Discus and support some voice commands do not work in Word 365 in Cortana to solve the problem; dictating words is fine but formatting commands mainly do not work is it me?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by StuartMarks, Feb 19, 2020.

1. some voice commands do not work in Word 365

dictating words is fine but formatting commands mainly do not work is it me?

:)

StuartMarks, Feb 19, 2020

2. Commands in Word 2019

I am using the voice recognition system. When I give the command to capitalise [caps WORD] it simply writes camps followed by the word NOT capitalised. I can't see why it does not work. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

charleslewis6, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Cortana Voice Commands for Music Not Working

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the edition of Windows 10 (Home, Education, Pro etc.)?

I understand that voice commands for Cortana are not working. If you have Windows 10 PRO installed in the system, then I would suggest you to try the following steps to change some group policy settings.

• Press Windows key + R, type
        Gpedit.msc
        and hit ENTER.

• Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

• Check for: 'Allow Cortana' and 'Do not allow web search'
        – Make sure they are ‘Not Configured’ or set ‘Allow Cortana’ to Enabled and ‘Do not allow web search’ to Disabled

• Open an elevated command prompt and run:
        gpupdate /force

• Go to Settings > Verify and correct: Time, Region and Language

And, then go to Settings > Apps and Features > Manage optional features > Download Speech Recognition and Text-to-speech
    NOTE: The troubleshooting steps are only applicable to
    Windows 10 PRO

Let us know if the issue gets resolved using the troubleshooting steps.

Harkanwar Singh, Feb 19, 2020
  4. some voice commands do not work in Word 365

Microsoft Voice Command

I have recently purchased a TouchPro 2 from Sprint. First I need to know if MS Voice command is included in MS Windows Mobile 6.5 professional, if not I will purchase and install the product. If not included I will need installation procedures for
    Voice Command. Next, I need a list of commands that I can use with Voice Command. Preferably the list would be in Word, so I can read the list using Jaws or a screenreader on my PC. This is a critical issue for me as I am legally Blind and this product
    is the main reason I chose the HTC TP2.

TiA

David B.

BaileyDavidL, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

some voice commands do not work in Word 365

1. some voice commands do not work in Word 365 - Similar Threads - voice commands Word

2. Foot pedal doing weird commands in Microsoft word, not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Foot pedal doing weird commands in Microsoft word, not working: Hi…I’ve never used these forums before so I hope in doing this correctly! I just bought the infinity usb 3 foot pedal because I’m starting up on transcribing, however whenever I press on any of the pedals in word and start typing, i get commands instead. It’s a bit...
  3. Dictation commands in Word 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dictation commands in Word 365: Dictation in Word 365: Commands, such as "period" or new line" worked two days ago but no longer work. I can dictate my text, but when I use Edit commands they are typed out as text instead of being implemented....
  4. Dictation commands in Word 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictation commands in Word 365: Dictation in Word 365: Commands, such as "period" or new line" worked two days ago but no longer work. I can dictate my text, but when I use Edit commands they are typed out as text instead of being implemented....
  5. Dictation commands in Word 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Voice typing works well except for some commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice typing works well except for some commands: I've been trying to use voice typing because I broke my arm. However it works well but some commands don't work. In particular the "caps word" to capitalize a word does not work. Sign left having to go back in correct all of the words in my emails and are proper nouns. I've...
  7. Voice typing works well except for some commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice typing works well except for some commands: I've been trying to use voice typing because I broke my arm. However it works well but some commands don't work. In particular the "caps word" to capitalize a word does not work. Sign left having to go back in correct all of the words in my emails and are proper nouns. I've...
  8. Transcribe and Voice Commands now available in Word for Microsoft 365

in Windows 10 News
    Transcribe and Voice Commands now available in Word for Microsoft 365: Harness the power of your voice Now more than ever, we’re all very busy—juggling family, work, friends, and whatever else life throws our way. New enhancements in Office leverage the Azure Cognitive Services AI platform so you can harness the power of...
  9. cortana doesn't respond correctly to my voice and some of the voices words are changed...

in Cortana
    cortana doesn't respond correctly to my voice and some of the voices words are changed...: cortana doesn't respond correctly to my voice and some of the voices words are changed alone by her for example I call say call of duty it plays call of duty on spotify if I say farah call of duty never responds and changes the words windows 10 1909 Yesterday or normal, how...
  10. some voice apps Work; some do not

in Windows 10 Support
    some voice apps Work; some do not: Google Voice to text just stopped working on pc [cannot press Start] Hangouts doesn’t call; Audacity works fine. 129666