Windows 10: some Websites think I'm in Canada - Geo-locators show location correct

Discus and support some Websites think I'm in Canada - Geo-locators show location correct in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For about the past year and a half, some Websites think I'm in Canada for several PC’s in my house. Geo-locators show my location correctly. My issue... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BigRich, Feb 25, 2019.

1. BigRich Win User

some Websites think I'm in Canada - Geo-locators show location correct

For about the past year and a half, some Websites think I'm in Canada for several PC’s in my house. Geo-locators show my location correctly.

My issue shows up for several different browsers and I do not use Tor. I also do not use a VPN. I have not only visited the geo-locator sites but have also logged the issue with them but they never respond and I have had the issue for at least a year and a half now. This was not an issue several years ago on these same machines.
    The best example I can use is when I simply try to order something from Subway restaurant (sub sandwiches).
    I am a technical person and quite computer savvy, but this has got me stumped. I hope you can possibly help.
    I have screen shots to show what occurs when I try to input my correct location. The best example is Subway as I've stated but it occurs with numerous other sites. Even if I tell the Subway site to access my location, it shows me in North Carolina and shows the closest Subway as Toronto, Ontario.
    Other sites make me convert Canadian prices to US dollars because they assume I'm in Canada.
    Any thoughts on what the issue is? I have several PC's and they all have the same location issue.
    I'm running Windows 10 and the issue showed up about a year and a half ago.

:)

BigRich, Feb 25, 2019

2. How to change the geo-location

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that Microsoft Edge shows incorrect location of your computer. We know its pretty annoying.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to Microsoft Edge or all browsers also?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue
    • Do you see the incorrect location on a specific website?

• Where did you input your town and post code to change the location?
    I would like to let you know that the Microsoft Edge will detect the location that is configured on the system.

I suggest that you turn off and turn on the Location option in Settings. To do so, follow these steps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.

• Click on Privacy on select Location
      tab.

• Check if Location is turned ON.

• If yes, turn it OFF and turn ON
    Hope this helps. If the issue persist, please post back with the required information. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 25, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

some Websites think I'm in Canada - Geo-locators show location correct [​IMG]

mrgeek, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Again, Location is not correct on the maps, Showing me in another state!

Hi Wael,

Wrong region settings or corruption may be the possible reason why a location was not correct or showing a different state. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to change it to the default location?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from making sure that region settings was correct?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot Cortana. You may expand each section and try performing the instructions that you have not yet done.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

1. some Websites think I'm in Canada - Geo-locators show location correct - Similar Threads - Websites I'm Canada

2. my computer does not show the correct location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer does not show the correct location: my computer does not show the correct location which means I can't get on my draftkings account and others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-show-the-correct-location/5fbdda39-74a1-4a95-aeb0-f3b252df406c
  3. my computer does not show the correct location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer does not show the correct location: my computer does not show the correct location which means I can't get on my draftkings account and others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-show-the-correct-location/5fbdda39-74a1-4a95-aeb0-f3b252df406c
  4. Websites think I'm in Singapore while I'm not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Websites think I'm in Singapore while I'm not: Title says the issue. Not sure when exactly this happens but when I'm about to open disney hotstar today it says "Videos on www.hotstar.com/id are not available in Singapore" and prompts me to proceed to the website's singapore versionTried :- GPS Off > Restart > GPS On >...
  5. how is the location corrected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how is the location corrected: how is the location corrected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-is-the-location-corrected/68a4653e-6b3f-4019-ae0a-ea2f08e834d3
  6. how is the location corrected

in Windows 10 Customization
    how is the location corrected: how is the location corrected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-is-the-location-corrected/68a4653e-6b3f-4019-ae0a-ea2f08e834d3
  7. how is the location corrected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Website think I'm in India

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Website think I'm in India: Some websites such as booking.com or myprotein.com either provide costs in Indian currency or ask me if I want to go through to the Indian website as my location shows as India. This happens on all web browsers. I do not have a VPN or have recently used one. I have checked...
  9. how do I validate my geo location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I validate my geo location: when I try to access a website, I keep getting the message, "the geo location cannot be validated" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-validate-my-geo-location/f17df530-084d-424e-861c-6c5b169d4575
  10. Documents Location Changed But Property Location Is Correct - ???

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Location Changed But Property Location Is Correct - ???: Greetings! I tried to search for posts on my issue but all that comes up is advice on how to move your Documents folder. I already did that. I changed my location from my SSD C:\ drive to my data drive E:\. Everything seemed fine until today when I navigated to the E: drive...