Windows 10: some websites won't load on windows 10

Discus and support some websites won't load on windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; hello everyone, yesterday i installed windows 10 and i'm new to it. surprisingly, when i tried to browse some websites (like ebay), they didn't load... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lh3, Oct 15, 2016.

1. LH3
    lh3 Win User

some websites won't load on windows 10

hello everyone, yesterday i installed windows 10 and i'm new to it. surprisingly, when i tried to browse some websites (like ebay), they didn't load even though i had a normal internet connection. i googled, and found a solution that seemed to work, that solution was to use open dns servers - 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. i restarted the computer and i could load those websites. then i turned of the computer and started it after some time, and i couldn't load those websites again. i retyped the open dns server addresses again and restarted and i could load those sites. but you know it's very uncomfortable to use a computer like that. please help me...

:)

2. TueKC Win User

Unable to download windows 10 iso file

I just upgraded to windows 10, but I would very much like to make a boot disc so I have that for future use in case I need to format my PC. Now, for some reason microsofts website refuses to load the page containing the iso file or the media creation tool.
    Basically anything that has to do with the windows 10 iso file won't load. It is only on microsofts website and specifically windows 10 iso file pages that won't load. Am I missing something?

TueKC, Oct 15, 2016
  3. ljgauvin Win User
    Windows 10 update issue

My laptop updated automatically to Windows 10 last week and I have had some issues on some websites. My university account won't display after I log in and a few bill paying sites won't load. Is this a common problem? I've had to use these websites
    on my phone which isn't sufficient. Please help.

ljgauvin, Oct 15, 2016
  4. everway9 Win User

Hi there. Which browser are you using? Are you connecting to the internet through a router?

everway9, Oct 15, 2016
  5. LH3
    lh3 Win User
    those websites won't load on mozilla, chrome, opera. i'm using a home wifi

6. everway9 Win User
    Where are you inputting the open DNS server addresses? Are you entering them in your router and your PC's tcpip config?

The open DNS server addresses I think need to be input on your router and then use the routers IP address as the DNS in your PC's TCPIP settings for IPV4. Unless you are using auto config/dhcp then it's just the router you need to enter the DNS address(es).

Hopefully someone with a bit more experience than I have will be along to help more.

everway9, Oct 15, 2016
  7. LH3
    lh3 Win User
    wifi settings. well, i just uninstalled avira antivirus and the websites load. i wasn't aware of built-in windows defender. could the reason the websites wouldn't load be the conflict between the two?

8. everway9 Win User

Yes some anti-virus/malware programs can conflict. I'm not sure if that's what your problem is though. Maybe it was *Smile

everway9, Oct 15, 2016
  9. everway9 Win User
    Someone may correct me but I find that Windows Defender does a good enough job on its own.. If you use other Antivirus/spyware programs then I think it would be best to disable Defender.

everway9, Oct 15, 2016
  10. LH3
    lh3 Win User
    yeah maybe, but which one should i use? i just read that windows defender isn't recommended.

11. everway9 Win User
    There are so many different AV/security programs out there and I do not have enough experience with them to advise you on which would be best suited for yourself. Panda and AVG I have used in the past and found them to be ok.

You could start a new thread under one of the software/spyware/AV forums and find out what others think.

everway9, Oct 15, 2016
  12. LH3
    lh3 Win User
    okay, thanks for the help, have a nice day *Smile

13. everway9 Win User

No problem. Best wishes. *Smile

everway9, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. some websites won't load on windows 10 - Similar Threads - websites won't load

2. Some websites not loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some websites not loading: I have a customer that is having an issue with some web pages not loading. Yahoo is one of the pages that isn't working and the page I'm using for testing... Windows Server 2012 r2 domain with Windows 10 clients. This issue is with all of their domain joined PC's using IE,...
  3. I'm connected to wifi but certain websites won't load

I'm connected to wifi but certain websites won't load: So I got a new wifi rooter yesterday and ever since I've connected to the new wifi, certain websites won't load (my phone is the same too) Idk what to do, restarting my computer hasn't worked and same with using the trouble shooter and network trouble shooter, please help!...
  4. Some websites won't play sound on any browser.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some websites won't play sound on any browser.: Some websites just aren't playing sound anymore. It doesn't matter what browser, or if I manually change what output they use, or if I reinstall my sound drivers, I cannot get some websites to play sound at all. The sound control panel still acts like there's sound playing,...
  5. Some of my facebook games won't load!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of my facebook games won't load!: Please help! Some of my facebook games (more than one but not all of it) won't load and they all need flash player to play. I've installed flash player already but they just stuck on the loading screen forever! I tried opening them in different browsers already, tries...
  6. Websites not loading in Edge and Chrome for some reason

in Browsers and Email
    Websites not loading in Edge and Chrome for some reason: Great and thanks for posting your solution.
  7. Website not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Website not loading: I have a real head scratcher here. I am a member of "myfitnesspal.com" I can log in and load the site but, when I input an entry for meals I get a page of gobbledegoop which I will attach. This is in all browsers: Chrome, Edge, IE and Firefox. This was not the case when I...
  8. Some websites not loading when using the internet

in Browsers and Email
    Some websites not loading when using the internet: I have this problem where, when I use the internet some sites will load and some sites won't load and some won't load quickly as others. I restarted it a couple of times but every few days it returns as loading slow/not loading. I have a AT&T Fiber Router. How can I fix...
  9. Connection works but browsers won't load any websites

Connection works but browsers won't load any websites: Hello, today I upgraded my Win8 to Win10 and now I can't load any website. Tried chrome, firefox, IE, nothing works. It shows me only ERR_CONN_TIME - I tried to ping servers like google, ping is working fine. - also tried boot in safe mode, sites load perfect - tried...
  10. some websites won't load on windows 10

some websites won't load on windows 10: hello everyone, yesterday i installed windows 10 and i'm new to it. surprisingly, when i tried to browse some websites (like ebay), they didn't load even though i had a normal internet connection. i googled, and found a solution that seemed to work, that solution was to use...