Windows 10: Some websites won't play sound on any browser.

Discus and support Some websites won't play sound on any browser. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Some websites just aren't playing sound anymore. It doesn't matter what browser, or if I manually change what output they use, or if I reinstall my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tealmann, Oct 21, 2018.

1. tealmann Win User

Some websites won't play sound on any browser.

Some websites just aren't playing sound anymore. It doesn't matter what browser, or if I manually change what output they use, or if I reinstall my sound drivers, I cannot get some websites to play sound at all. The sound control panel still acts like there's sound playing, but there's not.
    I've tried uninstalling all other sound sources but my speakers, reinstalling the speaker drivers, plugging in headphones, trying different browsers, running the troubleshooter, there's simply no way to get sound to play from some websites.
    I've attached a recording of this happening. You can see clearly no on in the live steam is having issues hearing, just me.

:)

tealmann, Oct 21, 2018

2. Why want sound play on some websites?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forum.

I understand that you're experiencing sound issue on some websites. I would certainly help you with this.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Does this issue persists on both Internet Explorer and Edge? have you checked reproducing the issue on any other browser?
    • Is this issue specific to some websites only?
    • Does this issue appear while playing only videos only? Are you able to play online audio files?

This issue may appear due to any recent changes on the computer that might have changed any Internet Explorer settings.

Let's try these methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Follow the steps below to make sure that “play sounds in webpages” option is active.

• Open Internet Explorer and select Tools.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Under the Advanced Tab, under the section
      Multimedia, check the Play sounds in webpages box.
    • Click on Apply, then OK.

Method 2:

Follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:

Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note:
    The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or

privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset

Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings

and add-ons. We recommend that you to note these sites before you use the Reset

Internet Explorer Settings feature and re-enable the add-ons.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I would also suggest you to check the troubleshooting steps suggested in the Adobe Flash player article:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html

Hope this helps. Please do let us know the results. feel free to write us back for any further assistance with windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Oct 21, 2018
  3. microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Oct 21, 2018
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. Some websites won't play sound on any browser. - Similar Threads - websites won't play

2. Sound not playing from browsers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not playing from browsers: Hi everyone,I was wondering if you could help as I'm stumped and I'm not really sure what's going on.I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Enterprise, and yesterday realised that sound is no longer playing from browsers but it's working on system sounds, Outlook, Teams etc -...
  3. Sound not playing from browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound not playing from browsers: Hi everyone,I was wondering if you could help as I'm stumped and I'm not really sure what's going on.I have a laptop running on Windows 10 Enterprise, and yesterday realised that sound is no longer playing from browsers but it's working on system sounds, Outlook, Teams etc -...
  4. Sound not playing from browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows won't play any sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows won't play any sound: Hi, so I recently got a new Windows laptop around a month ago. It was working perfectly fine, until one day it just stopped playing any audio. It doesn't work whether I'm using headphones or not, but if I plug it into the TV HDMI it works. If I try play any audio files or try...
  6. Browsers Won't Play Video

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Won't Play Video: A Dell Optiplex 760 with 4GB of RAM (Acer AX1430G-UW30P), AMD E-450 APU processor. Tower was recently upgraded to W10 from W7. It currently has Chrome (default), Firefox and Edge. Subscribed to MrFood.com to receive recipes. Most of the recipes have an accompanying 2 minute...
  7. Any browser that forces dark mode on all websites websites?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any browser that forces dark mode on all websites websites?: So I see most Android browsers now have this function, but the closest I have seen PC browsers come to this is FF with Night Owl addon. Any browsers with native night mode? submitted by /u/terambino [link] [comments]...
  8. No sound on some websites

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound on some websites: I'm on Windows 10.0.17763 Build 17763. Some websites (Twitter and Duolingo) do not play sound through my speakers. Actually somehow 50% of the videos on Twitter play sound. Other sites play audio fine, and all other apps play sound fine. This is a cross-browser issue (I've...
  9. Some websites won't play sound on any browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Some websites won't play sound on any browser.: Some websites just aren't playing sound anymore. It doesn't matter what browser, or if I manually change what output they use, or if I reinstall my sound drivers, I cannot get some websites to play sound at all. The sound control panel still acts like there's sound playing,...
  10. Connection works but browsers won't load any websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection works but browsers won't load any websites: Hello, today I upgraded my Win8 to Win10 and now I can't load any website. Tried chrome, firefox, IE, nothing works. It shows me only ERR_CONN_TIME - I tried to ping servers like google, ping is working fine. - also tried boot in safe mode, sites load perfect - tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. “Play Sounds in webpages” will not stay on