Windows 10: Some weird cpu spikes..

Discus and support Some weird cpu spikes.. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have a weird random cpu spike and it makes my games by example lose soind for like half a second. I've managed to find that "ntoskml.ex" is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Malvious_MH, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Some weird cpu spikes..

Hey guys, I have a weird random cpu spike and it makes my games by example lose soind for like half a second. I've managed to find that "ntoskml.ex" is the "system" thing causing the spikss in Task manager.. I've tried different solutions that I looked up online and none fixed the issue so far unfortunatelySome weird cpu spikes.. :(

Microsoft 10 Home ver. 2009 os build 19042.804

Cpu : Ryzen 1700x

Mobo : B450M Bazooka Max Wifi

Could you help? Thanks!

submitted by /u/Malvious_MH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Malvious_MH, Mar 3, 2021

2. Audiodg.exe Spikes Cpu Usage

Every 5 minutes or so audiodg.exe spikes my cpu usage to about 50% and any audio im playing cuts out and then comes back a second or 2 later. The video is completely fine and it's not a problem with
    my USB Headset. audiodg.exe stays at low cpu usage when it's not spiking.

Solutions I've tried:

1. turning off audio enhancements
    2. reinstalling lan, and audio drivers
    3. turning off HPET
    4. lowering the sound quality in control panel
    5. DPC Latency checker (no change when spiking)
    None of these solutions work. Please help.

samielamin, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Cpu usage spikes

Hello ! My PC specs are the following:

- AMD Ryzen 1600x CPU

- Nvidia Gtx 1060 6gb GPU

- 8 GB DDR4 RAM ( 2400 MHz)

- Asus B350 Prime Plus Motherboard

Sometimes I get those weird spikes ( they come and go ) lasting for 1-2 seconds of 100% CPU utilization. In idle state the CPU utilization stays between 5-10% ( up to 20% if im browsing the internet and having programs like Steam, Discord etc running in
    background), but when the spike comes I can see how the pc freezes for 1 second ( typical lag freeze) and how the cpu utilization rizes to 100% CPU then jumps back down to under 20%. I have waited with taskmanager such a spike and discovered that when it happens,
    System NT Kernel & System is the one process that its sudently eating up all the CPU resources.

I tried updating all the drivers and im still having the problem. Here is a Windows Performance Record

link
    where I left the pc running for 45 minutes and I saw atleast 1 spike happening in those 45 minutes ( I kept going away from the computer and coming back).

CatalinIancu, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Some weird cpu spikes..

TiWorker.exe spikes in CPU usage and causes crash

I have done those, but I still have freezes and crashes. Doing the SFC /scannow resulted in a freeze in my computer. I believe the high CPU usage may be causing crashes. Would it not be possible for TiWorker to trigger a crash because of the massive spike
    in CPU usage caused by it? These crashes and freezes have only occurred in the last few days, and it seems weird to only crash while TiWorker spikes in CPU usage

LoganBatson, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Some weird cpu spikes..

1. Some weird cpu spikes.. - Similar Threads - weird cpu spikes

2. CPU Spikes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU Spikes?: I don't know why it's suddenly doing it but my CPU spikes massively when anything is plugged in or just randomly at times, my mouse is kinda broken it turns off and on cause the wire is kinda exposed, so if it plugs itself in and out my plug in executables goes up to like 30%...
  3. CPU Spikes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU Spikes?: I don't know why it's suddenly doing it but my CPU spikes massively when anything is plugged in or just randomly at times, my mouse is kinda broken it turns off and on cause the wire is kinda exposed, so if it plugs itself in and out my plug in executables goes up to like 30%...
  4. CPU Spikes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CPU spiking then dropping

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU spiking then dropping: I have a PC for gaming,Core i7 10700KRTX 3060 Ti 16GB RAM1x 4TB HDD2x 1TB M.2My CPU has this weird trend I've noticed recently which I think has been a cause of my games freezing usuallyI'm not sure whether this is a virus or not, but whenever I look through Process Hacker,...
  6. Weird lag spikes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird lag spikes.: Every time I open an application, it instantly starts lagging. I have to keep opening it until it stops. This is getting annoying so can I please get help? Thank you in advance....
  7. Weird lag spikes.

Weird lag spikes.: Every time I open an application, it instantly starts lagging. I have to keep opening it until it stops. This is getting annoying so can I please get help? Thank you in advance....
  8. cpu spike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu spike: hello 1 week ago i bought pc and at first i could’t see any problems after some time i installed program for free and i thought it was a virus , after that i reinstalled windows more than 5 times dont ask me why :D, so for example when i have discord opened and i open task...
  9. cpu spike

cpu spike: hello 1 week ago i bought pc and at first i could’t see any problems after some time i installed program for free and i thought it was a virus , after that i reinstalled windows more than 5 times dont ask me why :D, so for example when i have discord opened and i open task...
  10. cpu spike

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware