Windows 10: Some well known Windows flaws just make you smile...

Discus and support Some well known Windows flaws just make you smile... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Below listed flaws have been around for years. There are many more examples also more serious ones but these are my favorites. Most have been raised... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 5crambler, Apr 15, 2021.

1. 5crambler Win User

Some well known Windows flaws just make you smile...

Below listed flaws have been around for years.

There are many more examples also more serious ones but these are my favorites.

Most have been raised many times by users in forums like this who then got completely useless or even wrong advice.

It seems like Microsoft has a strict rule not to admit any mistakes in public forums.

1 Application Event Log: the Software Protection Service won't bother you anymore for the next 100 years ;-
    "Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at 2121-02-12T01:30:28Z: Reason: RulesEngine."

2 SFC.exe -> CBS.log multiple similar entries: we at MS don't like to own the same thing twice ;-
    "Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ is owned twice or has its security set twice
    Original owner: Microsoft-Windows-shell32, version 10.0.19041.906, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}
    New owner: Microsoft-Windows-shell32, version 10.0.19041.906, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}"

3 SFC.exe -> CBS.log: we just can't deal with not repairble stuff! ;-
    "ignore it since it is not repairble"

4 DISM.exe -> DISM.log in same run: Oh no! Stupid Shim did it again ;-
    "Shim considered [l:125]'\??\C:\WINDOWS\Servicing\amd64_...\wcp.dll' : got STATUS_OBJECT_PATH_NOT_FOUND
    Shim considered [l:122]'\??\C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_...\wcp.dll' : got STATUS_SUCCESS
    Shim considered [l:125]'\??\C:\WINDOWS\Servicing\amd64_...\wcp.dll' : got STATUS_OBJECT_PATH_NOT_FOUND
    Shim considered [l:122]'\??\C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_...\wcp.dll' : got STATUS_SUCCESS
    Shim considered [l:125]'\??\C:\WINDOWS\Servicing\amd64_...\wcp.dll' : got STATUS_OBJECT_PATH_NOT_FOUND
    Shim considered [l:122]'\??\C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\amd64_...\wcp.dll' : got STATUS_SUCCESS"

:)

5crambler, Apr 15, 2021
  2. pottatoz Win User

Smile Support for E72

i am using Nokia E72. In this i am not able to view the smiles. when ever i receive a smily it shows symbols. If any one can help to solve this problem please help me.....

Also please suggest if there is any SMS messenger that i can use to send sms or chat with the memebrs in my contact list.

pottatoz, Apr 15, 2021
  3. erocker Win User
    Windows 7 Major Flaw

It is a limitation of USB and it is also a "flaw" with Windows which has a problem shutting down the process. No known cure as far as I'm aware of.

erocker, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Some well known Windows flaws just make you smile...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Some well known Windows flaws just make you smile...

1. Some well known Windows flaws just make you smile... - Similar Threads - known flaws smile

2. Some keyboard button not function well

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keyboard button not function well: Keyboard button s , z and x not function sometimes. It likes press S button but nothing work at all but keep pressing a while it worked again. Anything help ?...
  3. Some keyboard button not function well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keyboard button not function well: Keyboard button s , z and x not function sometimes. It likes press S button but nothing work at all but keep pressing a while it worked again. Anything help ?...
  4. Some keyboard button not function well

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Want some advice on the serious windows 10 and windows 11 flaw

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Want some advice on the serious windows 10 and windows 11 flaw: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question. Today I was reading on this flaw on windows 10 home or windows 11 home. I was wanting to now since I have an updated version of Windows 10 home 21h1 on my desktop or laptop. I am a bit concerned about this windows flaw because I...
  6. Just need some a-ok's from you guys!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just need some a-ok's from you guys!: I recently got a new pc 10 days ago for gaming. Rigged with a high end Intel i7 processor and rtx 2070 Super. I have an SSD as my boot drive(as this pc was prebuilt) and today I had an disk error on the SSD. As I allowed the pc to repair itself, it repaired just fine. I...
  7. Just wanted to see if I can get some info from here as well.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just wanted to see if I can get some info from here as well.: submitted by /u/iamrahul3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhvi8a/just_wanted_to_see_if_i_can_get_some_info_from/
  8. Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You": Okay, I was just watching a video when all of the sudden, I got a pop up window from Windows Security, saying "Just Making Sure it's You" and required me to enter my PIN. This has so far been the only time it's happened to me, but I'm already enraged. I ran a search on the...
  9. hiding send a smile in Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    hiding send a smile in Office 2016: I cannot delete "send a smile" icon (yellow top right smile) at Office 2016 I was referred to delete at the registry at the folder 15.0 of Office but I do not have that registry folder. I do have 16.0. And at the 16.0 folder I do not have "Feedback" 53844
  10. Can you make Dutch "Rekenmachine" respond to "calc" as well?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can you make Dutch "Rekenmachine" respond to "calc" as well?: I am using a Dutch version of Windows 10. All previous Windows versions I could type "calc" in the start menu and it would show the calculator. However this doesn't work in Windows 10 (Dutch) version. They thought it was a good idea to change calculator to the Dutch word...