Windows 10: Some WiFi Networks Not Detected on My Laptop

Discus and support Some WiFi Networks Not Detected on My Laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am in desperate need of help. My laptop is not able to detected some WiFi networks. It will show many other WiFi connections available but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheresaJM178, May 1, 2020.

1. Some WiFi Networks Not Detected on My Laptop

Hello, I am in desperate need of help. My laptop is not able to detected some WiFi networks. It will show many other WiFi connections available but not the ones I need eg. in my own apartment or a friend's apartment or school etc..

I've tried many things and nothing has fixed it. It is also hard because it does detect other Networks, only some don't show, so it is not as easy to narrow down. At my boyfriend's place, for example, my computer can find the 2.4G connection but not the 5G connection. He suggested it might be a protocol issue, meaning it's a hardware issue really. I really hope there's a solution that does not require a new laptop.

Here is my computer information:

System

Model: Lenovo Yoga 2

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.4GHz

System Processor: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Network Adapter Wi-Fi Driver Infromation

Description: IntelR Wireless-N 7260

Driver Provider: Intel; Driver Date: 2019-04-29; Driver Version 18.33.17.1

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Provider: Microsoft

Version: 17.15.0.5

Instance Status Flags: 0x180200a

Device Manager Status Code: 0

IfType: 71

Physical Media Type: 9

I can provide more information if needed.

Here is what I've tried already:

1. Turning the WiFi connection on and off/Turning the computer on and off.

2. Updating my WiFi adapter driver. While at it I updated other drivers as well.

3. Control Panel -> All Control Panels -> Troubleshooting -> All Categories -> Network Adapter -> Advanced -> follow the troubleshooting steps. The only issue found was that I don't have a default wifi selected.

4. command prompt -> netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt; ipconfig /release; ipconfig /renew

- The first command netsh ... Reset got OK ! on most items, but at the end there are about 12 items that just show Resetting , OK!so it is hard to tell what is resetting. One of those said Resetting , failed. Access is denied. So there is that.

- Both the release and renew commands sayNo operation can be performed on <name> while it has its media disconnected.

I restarted the pc regardless to see if the issue was resolved and it was not.

5. Device Manager -> Network Adapter -> IntelR Wireless-N 7260 and uninstall the driver. Then I went to Windows PowerShellrestart-computer -force and watched if the issue got resolved. The driver was back and available in the device manager but the WiFi that I am looking for is still not detected. It's worth mentioning now that I am able to access/see/connect to this WiFi from two other laptops and two other phones. I really think this specific to my computer issue.

I don't know what else to try. I saw a post about installing some troubleshooter and all but it seemed sketchy and unofficial so I want to avoid those routes and rather ask here first. I would like to avoid having to completely hard reset my computer since backing it up would be a huge pain at the moment. Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you for any advice.

:)

TheresaJM178, May 1, 2020
  2. Jansson9 Win User

Delay in wifi network detection

For the last couple of days there has been a delay on detecting any wifi networks when my laptop is woken from sleep. Connects fine once it sees the network and detects and connects perfectly well when fisrt switched on.

I have tried updating the driver, and also turning off power saving mode on the wifi and have run MS security scanner. Nothing detected and using the network adapter troubleshooter detects no issues. Other devices connect fine.

Any suggestions?

Jansson9, May 1, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    laptop doesn't detect any wi-fi networks at all.

Does your laptop connect ok via ethernet?
    Please post a photo or screenshot of Device Manager like this:

Some WiFi Networks Not Detected on My Laptop [​IMG]

Please work through
    Fix: No Wifi Networks Found in Windows 10 - Appuals.com

I remain concerned about your having tried all manner of settings.

Try Tweaking.com's free cautious repair tool. Work through the steps in turn.
    Select only repairs 13, 25,26

dalchina, May 1, 2020
  4. Some WiFi Networks Not Detected on My Laptop

My laptop can't detect wifi networks

Hi , I have a ASUS GL551j laptop and i can't conect to wifi networks it barely detects my network and can't really conect to it , sometimes the laptop starts freezing when i turn on the wifi , so can't use wifi at all i thought the wireless adapter was
    dead but if i can see at least one network does that mean it's not a hardware problem? please help. Thanks

Pablocv1903, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Some WiFi Networks Not Detected on My Laptop

1. Some WiFi Networks Not Detected on My Laptop - Similar Threads - WiFi Networks Detected

2. My laptop is not detecting wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not detecting wifi: My hp stream laptop stopped detecting with so I did a complete reset and now I'm stuck on the let's connect you to a network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-detecting-wifi/5541faf7-5b87-4ea7-90c1-e7c06534b94f
  3. My laptop is not detecting wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not detecting wifi: My hp stream laptop stopped detecting with so I did a complete reset and now I'm stuck on the let's connect you to a network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-detecting-wifi/5541faf7-5b87-4ea7-90c1-e7c06534b94f
  4. My laptop is not detecting wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Certain wifi network not detected in my laptop and other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain wifi network not detected in my laptop and other devices: For some odd reason, all my devices cannot detect wifi signal from my modem at home. I already restarted it several times to no avail.I am only able to connect to the internet using my mobile hotspot....
  6. Certain wifi network not detected in my laptop and other devices

Certain wifi network not detected in my laptop and other devices: For some odd reason, all my devices cannot detect wifi signal from my modem at home. I already restarted it several times to no avail.I am only able to connect to the internet using my mobile hotspot....
  7. Windows not detecting WIFI networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not detecting WIFI networks: Hi!My computer crashed on the ground a day ago and after that, I couldn't use the headphone port as well as being able to connect to any WIFI network. Sometimes a WIFI network is appearing but instantly disappearing again. I wonder if something is broken. I checked into...
  8. Windows not detecting WIFI networks

Windows not detecting WIFI networks: Hi!My computer crashed on the ground a day ago and after that, I couldn't use the headphone port as well as being able to connect to any WIFI network. Sometimes a WIFI network is appearing but instantly disappearing again. I wonder if something is broken. I checked into...
  9. Windows not detecting WIFI networks

10. Home wifi network not detected

Home wifi network not detected: I moved into a new apartment and my personal laptop with Windows 10 does not detect the wifi network. - My work laptop with Windows 10 detects and connects to the network, as do my iPhone and iPad. - My personal laptop detects other networks in the building but not mine....