Windows 10: Some Windows 10 users about to be force upgraded if they use older versions

Discus and support Some Windows 10 users about to be force upgraded if they use older versions in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Starting December 2020, Microsoft will begin force upgrading some people to Windows 10 version 1909 or version 2004 if they don’t update their PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 9, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Some Windows 10 users about to be force upgraded if they use older versions

Starting December 2020, Microsoft will begin force upgrading some people to Windows 10 version 1909 or version 2004 if they don’t update their PC manually. The move comes after Microsoft announced that it’s ending support for Windows 10 version 1903, including Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro.

It shouldn’t be a concern for most users considering that the tech giant issued the upgrade alert two months ago. Microsoft had also confirmed that it would start forcing people to upgrade even if they don’t want to.

If you’re on Windows 10 version 1903, you’ll be force upgraded to version 1909 later this month. If you’re on Windows 10 version 1909, you’ll be forcefully upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 (May 2020 Update) by the spring of next year.

Remember that it’s not possible for users to block the mandatory upgrades unless you’re willing to tinker with Windows Registry or Group Policy.

If you’re one of those people still using last year’s Windows 10 versions, it’s better to attempt the upgrade manually.

To get the most recent version of Windows 10, simply head to the Settings app and check for updates. If your device is blocked from receiving updates due to mysterious reasons, you can try Media Creation Tool or Windows 10 ISO files.

Some Windows 10 users about to be force upgraded if they use older versions Windows-10-end-of-life-message.jpg

Microsoft is also informing users about the upcoming force upgrade via a new notification within the Windows Update page. The process is expected to start this week and expand over the course of the next month before Windows 10 version 21H1 update is ready for production channels.

Users will be upgraded in waves, but you can also directly upgrade to Windows 10 October 2020 Update if there are no compatibility blocks in place with your hardware or software configuration.

According to sources familiar with the development, Windows 10 21H1 update is likely to debut in the April-May and Windows 10X will begin shipping to manufacturers in the next few days.

The post Some Windows 10 users about to be force upgraded if they use older versions appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Uplink10 Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Dec 9, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Hit by First Successful Windows 10 Forced Upgrade Lawsuit

Microsoft has been hit by the first successful lawsuit over its forced Windows 10 upgrade. The first of possibly many, Teri Goldstein from California, successfully sued Microsoft for $10,000 in damages and legal fees over its deceptively designed Windows 10 upgrade software, which automatically downloaded and upgraded her computer's Windows 7 installation almost without the consent of the user. She convinced the court that the upgrade made her computer slower, and that she lost business due to the upgrade process and the slowing down of her computer. Microsoft dropped its appeal and paid up.

Microsoft is heavily criticized for the way it distributes its free Windows 10 upgrade for PCs with Windows 7 and Windows 8. What started out as an optional upgrade, quickly evolved into an almost unavoidable upgrade that forces itself upon the users, through clever design of the upgrade software's user interface. Microsoft recently changed Windows 10 upgrade into a "recommended update" for Windows 7/8, making users with auto-install for recommended updates discover that their machines have been upgraded almost without their consent. Could this be the first of many successful lawsuits over this issue at least in a precedent-driven American civil justice system?

Some Windows 10 users about to be force upgraded if they use older versions 165a_thm.jpg

Source: The Guardian, Many Thanks to revin for the tip.

btarunr, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Some Windows 10 users about to be force upgraded if they use older versions - Similar Threads - users force upgraded

2. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 older versions: Hello!I would like to know if there is any official way to get any of the previous windows 10 versions from microsoft as I am very worried at the thought of downloading any disk images from 3rd party websites. My reasoning for this is because I have an older PC that is...
  3. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 older versions: Hello!I would like to know if there is any official way to get any of the previous windows 10 versions from microsoft as I am very worried at the thought of downloading any disk images from 3rd party websites. My reasoning for this is because I have an older PC that is...
  4. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 older version

Windows 10 older version: Hey! My laptop is working slowly when I updated it to latest version. Previously it was on 1709 version. I had directly updated it to latest 21H2 version. But since update my laptop has become slow. Actually my laptop has small specs, so that's why I want to downgrade it to...
  6. Windows 10 older version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 older version: Hey! My laptop is working slowly when I updated it to latest version. Previously it was on 1709 version. I had directly updated it to latest 21H2 version. But since update my laptop has become slow. Actually my laptop has small specs, so that's why I want to downgrade it to...
  7. Microsoft starts force-upgrading users to Windows 10 version 21H1

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft starts force-upgrading users to Windows 10 version 21H1: Microsoft’s Windows 10 May 2021 Update (version 21H1) has been around for two months now and it has been designated as a stable/safe update by the company. Starting this week, some device will be automatically updated to Windows 10 version 21H1 and users cannot skip the...
  8. Older "version" of windows 10

Older "version" of windows 10: When I first upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 using Microsoft media creation tool, windows 10 that was installed was the newest versionwith microsoft edge, white search bar and cortana on the task bar and all. After sometime that version was corruptedlagging a lot...
  9. Microsoft will begin force upgrading some Windows 10 users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin force upgrading some Windows 10 users: Microsoft has begun informing users that Windows 10 version 1903 is reaching the end of support next month and those still running the unsupported operating system will be force upgraded without their permission. Earlier this year, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 version...
  10. A question about using older windows shells...

in Windows 10 Customization
    A question about using older windows shells...: Hi all, Classic shell gets old after a while, and after testing Cairo and disliking it I thought "I wonder if I can take all the shell files for explorer and stuff on an older version from and use them on Windows 10." So here's my question: If I were to take all the...