Windows 10: Some Windows 10 users are reporting mysterious BSOD errors

Discus and support Some Windows 10 users are reporting mysterious BSOD errors in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A new update is reportedly causing serious issues for some machines running Windows 10. After recent updates, a mysterious Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 16, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Some Windows 10 users are reporting mysterious BSOD errors

A new update is reportedly causing serious issues for some machines running Windows 10. After recent updates, a mysterious Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error stopped Windows 10 devices from booting up properly.

According to the reports, the bug appears to stem from updates pushed by Trend Micro, Lenovo, Intel, and Microsoft.

While Windows 10 Blue Screen errors occur fairly regularly after Windows Updates on some devices, this error is particularly frustrating as users don’t know what went wrong.

The Blue Screen of Death error is triggered when users put their devices to sleep mode. So far, users have reported the problem with HP Envy x360, HP ProBook 650 G4, HP Elite x2 1012 G2, HP ProBook 650 G5, and HP EliteBook x360 1040 G6.

Dell users with Latitude 5500 are also reporting “PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT” error after applying Windows 10’s May 2020 Update and recent updates.

“I’ve received at least two reports from colleagues with Latitude 5500 laptops of the pdc.sys BSOD with the PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error on Windows 10 2004, and had it happen to my Latitude 5500 also. The only test that made the BSOD stop was configuring the laptop to never go to sleep,” one user noted in the Dell forum.

Some users claimed that Trend Micro Apex (advanced automated threat detection) software is responsible for the Blue Screen of Death errors on Windows 10, while others are blaming updates released by Microsoft and Intel.

Fortunately, the bug does not appear to widespread and you can pause the updates until a fix is available.

If you’re lucky, you’ll be able to return back to the desktop after using Windows 10’s built-in Recovery options.

Lenovo’s BIOS update causes BSOD errors

Late last month, one Lenovo user reached out to us with complaints of Blue Screen of Death after a recent BIOS update.

According to Lenovo user’s reports in the forum (1, 2, 3), the Lenovo BIOS update may have corrupted the system partition and Windows 10 could not boot after the patch is applied.

Reports also suggest that might be a compatibility issue between the Lenovo BIOS update and Windows 10, and the problem stems from Lenovo’s faulty BIOS release.

“My IdeaPad 730S is updated to BIOS 8HCN36WW. Many other IpeaPad users did not report their BIOS versions. However, all these reported issues were results from Automatic Update associated with Lenovo’s Firmware (BIOS),” a disappointed Lenovo user told us in an email.

Lenovo users observed a number of Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) – and other critical errors – after applying a BIOS update via Lenovo Vantage app.

Based on reports, affected models include ThinkPad and Ideapad machines, including the popular Flex 5. If you haven’t applied the Lenovo BIOS update, make sure that you hit the pause button in the Lenovo app and start using Windows 10’s recovery solutions, such as a Recovery partition.

In most cases, Lenovo BIOS update should install without issues, but if your device is incompatible for some reasons, you should consider skipping the update for now.

The post Some Windows 10 users are reporting mysterious BSOD errors appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 16, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Nov 16, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD Errors to Come with Troubleshooting QR-Codes

With its latest Preview Build (build 14316), Microsoft patched Windows 10 to make BSOD (blue-screen of death) errors more useful for system analysts and power-users. The blue-screen now puts up a QR-code to the knowledge-base page related to the error. Microsoft also set up an easy to remember URL at "windows.com/stopcode" for quick-reference to info and possible fixes to various kinds of errors.

The Register makes a valid case for how QR-codes in BSOD screens can be misused by malware developers. Malware or ransomware developers can now make their wares fake a BSOD screen with a QR-code that leads to their web-page to steal your information, or point you to download even more malware.

Some Windows 10 users are reporting mysterious BSOD errors 39a_thm.jpg

Source: The Register

btarunr, Nov 16, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Some Windows 10 users are reporting mysterious BSOD errors - Similar Threads - users are reporting

2. Mystery crash with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery crash with no BSOD: Specs:CPU: Intel i9-10850KGPU: NVIDIA RTX 4070MB: Asrock z590 Phantom 4/ac BIOS v2.10 - using all default settingsMemory: 1x16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4Storage: 2TB WD Blue SSD via SATA connectionRecently started experiencing crashes that are coming from ntkrnlmp.exe, as best...
  3. Mystery crash with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery crash with no BSOD: Specs:CPU: Intel i9-10850KGPU: NVIDIA RTX 4070MB: Asrock z590 Phantom 4/ac BIOS v2.10 - using all default settingsMemory: 1x16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4Storage: 2TB WD Blue SSD via SATA connectionRecently started experiencing crashes that are coming from ntkrnlmp.exe, as best...
  4. Mysterious User

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mysterious User: I came across a mysterious user account on my PC called KCAV1_m0f3hql. When I tried to delete it I was told the folder was open; It`s 5.62 GBs. The name does not appear in the Control Panel under Users Name. It only appears under User Profiles. Where did it come from? I...
  5. Some mysterious macro keeps firing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some mysterious macro keeps firing on Windows 10: Hello all, I've been plagued with an issue that has been affecting me for months now Every now and then my windows key will press itself and type in random things related to my VR headset. At first I immediately suspected it was remote access but the actions the macro uses...
  6. Some Windows 10 users are reporting mysterious BSOD errors

in Windows 10 News
    Some Windows 10 users are reporting mysterious BSOD errors: The Blue Screen of Death error is triggered when users put their devices to sleep mode. So far, users have reported the problem with HP Envy x360, HP ProBook 650 G4, HP Elite x2 1012 G2, HP ProBook 650 G5, and HP EliteBook x360 1040 G6. Dell users with Latitude 5500 are also...
  7. Windows 10 KB4532695 causes BSOD for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4532695 causes BSOD for some users: For some users, Windows 10’s optional cumulative update KB4532695 is causing blue screen of death—or BSOD critical errors. The update also causes audio issues on desktops, according to Windows 10 users. For some background, Windows 10’s latest optional patch was released as...
  8. New User Mysteriously Added?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New User Mysteriously Added?: So a while back, I went to restart my pc, and I got a message that said something along the lines of "another user is still using this pc, if you sign out now they may lose work". I had never seen this before, so after googling the meaning, I checked the Users under task...
  9. Get rid of mystery user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get rid of mystery user: [img] Here's the login Page. As you see there are two choices of logins, both the same name. The one shown is bogus; there is no password. The other is true and accepts my pin. I can't get any info in Settings. How can I straighten this out? 136374
  10. Windows Update, Windows 10 Store reportedly broken for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update, Windows 10 Store reportedly broken for some users: According to various reports on Twitter and Reddit, some users are unable to connect to Windows Update and Microsoft Store on Windows 10 devices. While users are blaming Microsoft for Windows Update issues, it appears to be a DNS issue and the software maker isn’t responsible...