Windows 10: Some Windows Apps keep crashing - Help?

Discus and support Some Windows Apps keep crashing - Help? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings! As of yesterday I'm experiencing an issue with some Windows 10 Apps crashing after like 1-2 seconds or upon interacting with them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Durahl, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Durahl Win User

Some Windows Apps keep crashing - Help?

Greetings!

As of yesterday I'm experiencing an issue with some Windows 10 Apps crashing after like 1-2 seconds or upon interacting with them.

Most notably affected by this are:
    Microsoft Mail App - Crashes after 1-2sec when I open/view a Mail
    Microsoft Reader App - Crashes after 1-2sec when I open a PDF from within the App / Instantly crashes when I open it using a PDF.

I just reinstalled Windows 10 PRO ( formatted C: ) and the error immediately returned with Windows Mail and a new "Drawboard PDF" App that was installed with Windows 10 instead of the Reader App though after installing the Reader App it too crashed again. Opening a PDF with Edge works fine though.

Any ideas?

:)

Durahl, Oct 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 App Store Keeps on Crashing on Windows 10!!

Original title: Windows 10 App Store Keeps on Crashing

I upgraded to Windows 10 last week and yesterday I went to download some games and when I clicked on an app it started to open but then crashed out of no where! I restarted my laptop to see if it would fix it but it did not! The Store just keeps on crashing.
    I am able to access the apps that I have already downloaded but I cant download anything new! Please Help Me!!

EmilyAndJack, Oct 22, 2016
  3. CaptainCoulomb, Oct 22, 2016
  4. tibot Win User

No help, but i have the same issue with the mail app. very annoying.

tibot, Oct 22, 2016
  5. Durahl Win User
    All right... Another issue that just came up after the fresh Install of Windows 10 was the Start Screen and it's Tiles ( I use full screen ) kept crashing on me when I attempted to rearrange Tiles which basically meant that the Start Screen was in a state of half transparency and the Tile I attempted to move was gone - Could only resolve this by restarting ( maybe relogging ) the System.

So I reinstalled Windows 10 again - This time without iNet connection in order for me to prevent it from installing ANYTHING without my consent - Everything worked again so the basic package was OK but an Update to something was not.

And I pretty much hit the Jackpot with the first thing I installed - The NVidia 375.57-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql Drivers.
    As soon as the Display Driver finished installing everything started acting up again so I replaced them with older 372.70-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql ones I had still lying around - Everything's fine again.

Durahl, Oct 22, 2016
  6. tibot Win User
    Thanks for the info rolling back to version 373.06 worked for me.obviously something amiss with the latest nvidia driver (375.57)

tibot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Some Windows Apps keep crashing - Help? - Similar Threads - Apps keep crashing

2. Windows Crash looking for some help!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crash looking for some help!!!: IN NEED OF HELP! I have been coming across this problem within the last week.I will start up a game and get a black screen, then my monitor will say no HDMI input and my compuer will restart.I have looked into the "Event Viewer" under system and recieved this error -The...
  3. Windows Crash looking for some help!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Crash looking for some help!!!: IN NEED OF HELP! I have been coming across this problem within the last week.I will start up a game and get a black screen, then my monitor will say no HDMI input and my compuer will restart.I have looked into the "Event Viewer" under system and recieved this error -The...
  4. Windows Crash looking for some help!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing: I'm running Windows 11. Things were working fine until one day about half a dozen or more Windows store apps refused to run properly. They start where you can see some portion of the window as it is starting up then they crash. I have searched the Internet about this and...
  6. Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing

Some Windows Store Apps Are Crashing: I'm running Windows 11. Things were working fine until one day about half a dozen or more Windows store apps refused to run properly. They start where you can see some portion of the window as it is starting up then they crash. I have searched the Internet about this and...
  7. Windows Apps keep crashing

Windows Apps keep crashing: Hello, For some time now I've been having a problem when I try to open some Microsoft applications: they open and then close immediately this is the case with Drawboard Pdf, OneCalendar, Sticky Notes and many other apps, or even display a gray screen like Microsoft...
  8. Some apps keep crashing when i open them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some apps keep crashing when i open them: Quite a few programs crash within start up...I've tried updating my system, no success yet.Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-apps-keep-crashing-when-i-open-them/7e829da0-b00e-41db-9b0a-68f1aea04589
  9. Windows Apps Keep Crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Apps Keep Crashing: Every time I start a windows application such as Camera or Calculator, it immediately closes and does not start. I tried starting the applications from their folders and I got the following errors for each of the apps. Camera: "The code execution cannot proceed because...
  10. Help!!! My apps keep crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help!!! My apps keep crashing.: Mincraft Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 02/07/2020 11:08:23 Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Arthurs-Bedroom-PC Description:...