Windows 10: Some windows are broken and stuff that's supposed to be white is black

Discus and support Some windows are broken and stuff that's supposed to be white is black in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I really need to fix this. Restarting doesn't work. No, high contrast isn't on. I want to scan for viruses but (see below) my I can't read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Planetside2Gud, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Some windows are broken and stuff that's supposed to be white is black

/u/Planetside2Gud, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Jaxon Win User
    Jaxon, Feb 9, 2021
  3. milford Win User
    Need to print a list in black & white

I need software that will let me print and invert in black & white.

http://dogfoodselector.com/can-dogs-eat-human-foods/

At the bottom of the page is a list I need to print out.
    1) I need this in black & white.
    2) I need to invert this so I get black letters against a white background.

I can print this with white letters against a black background (in monochrome), but i'll use up too much black ink. What I want to do is invert the colors so that I get regular black letters against a white background.

Any have any ideas?

milford, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

Some windows are broken and stuff that's supposed to be white is black

Black and white screen

Hello Benjamin,

There are a lot of possible causes why the screen of your computer turns into black/white. This may be an issue with your graphics driver, monitor (hardware) or corrupted system files. For better assistance, we'd like to ask additional information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, can you send us a screenshot?

Meanwhile, we recommend using the screen filter keyboard shortcut. Press
    Windows key + Ctrl + C
    to change the color filter.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Some windows are broken and stuff that's supposed to be white is black

1. Some windows are broken and stuff that's supposed to be white is black - Similar Threads - are broken stuff

2. Stuff always appears in black and white and not in the regular colors of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuff always appears in black and white and not in the regular colors of Windows 11: I just noticed that the blue box that appears when I drag and select now has a black border. I also saw that when you rename something, everything's in black and white instead of the regular colors. And of course, in the Winver dialog and some other areas of certain...
  3. Stuff always appears in black and white and not in the regular colors of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuff always appears in black and white and not in the regular colors of Windows 11: I just noticed that the blue box that appears when I drag and select now has a black border. I also saw that when you rename something, everything's in black and white instead of the regular colors. And of course, in the Winver dialog and some other areas of certain...
  4. Screen went black and some stuff happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen went black and some stuff happened: Hello everyone, I just wanna know what happened to my laptop. I was playing a very light game this morning then my laptop suddenly freezes and turns black screen twice. and after the black screen some stuff happens. My shortcuts size settings returned to default150%, sleep...
  5. Screen went black and some stuff happened

Screen went black and some stuff happened: Hello everyone, I just wanna know what happened to my laptop. I was playing a very light game this morning then my laptop suddenly freezes and turns black screen twice. and after the black screen some stuff happens. My shortcuts size settings returned to default150%, sleep...
  6. Screen went black and some stuff happened

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken: Hard to explain really, but I've had this problem for a while. It's occurring on my desktop and a laptop and not sure what to do about it. It cropped up again last week as some notification that appeared at start up. I have no idea what to do. This is what it looks like:...
  8. Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken: Hard to explain really, but I've had this problem for a while. It's occurring on my desktop and a laptop and not sure what to do about it. It cropped up again last week as some notification that appeared at start up. I have no idea what to do. This is what it looks like:...
  9. Windows screens, some apps appear white and broken

10. black screen, tried some stuff

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen, tried some stuff: (sorry for bad grammar not comfortable with the keyboard i am currently using) (the pc shows windows logo with spinning dots but dosen't take me to logon screen) so i built a new PC recently, installed my old ssd, and i got a black screen. As far as i know Microsoft's or...