Windows 10: Some windows features + apps input keyboard as french

Discus and support Some windows features + apps input keyboard as french in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I turned my computer off when it was in english and accidentaly knocked buttons on the keyboard, and the main input is french i think it is french but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HotframsAdministrator, May 10, 2022.

1. Some windows features + apps input keyboard as french

I turned my computer off when it was in english and accidentaly knocked buttons on the keyboard, and the main input is french i think it is french but the OS features and apps Settings, search etc are in french, and external apps like firefox are in english input.I've tried to search how to fix it in settings but the input is french so there are no results. Please can i have some advice on how to fix it? I am on an AMD-64x Based laptop running Windows 11 Latest OS.Thanks

:)

HotframsAdministrator, May 10, 2022
  2. kensiko Win User

Can't delete french keyboard input!

For some reason, on my mother's PC on which a guy upgraded the PC from Windows 7, the French of France keyboard will not allow to be deleted. The France French keyboard is not in the list of input methods but it still shows in the language bar.

Windows is in French and the main language is French from France. It is the same here on my own computer and I do not have the French France keyboard, only French Canada.

Is there any solution ?

kensiko, May 10, 2022
  3. Keyboard in input field problem (not english nor french)

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the keyboard language. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer\keyboard?

2. Have you tried connecting other keyboards and check if the issue persists?

I suggest you to remove the other keyboard languages apart from English Language
    and check if the issue still persists.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Type Windows + X and then select Control Panel
    • Select Languages.
    • In Keyboard layout select the language.
    • Select the other languages apart from the English language in the input method and then select Remove.
    Please reply us back if the issue still persists. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 10, 2022
  4. ineuw Win User

Some windows features + apps input keyboard as french

Keyboard definitions are missing in French version of Win10.

I configured three rebuilt Dell Optiflex Windows 10 Pro desktops to Canada-French.

Based on experimentation, I also removed the secondary US-English package before installing any apps, because many apps ignore the user selected language and default to English if it exists. Now, every app automatically recognized French on installation and the Region and Language selections and settings all indicate Canada-French.

The system configuration consists of a single local Administrator and a single local user account. Both accounts are in French only. The users are mostly elderly unilingual French Québecois, and I want their computer experience to be as comfortable and positive as possible.

The keyboard is a Logitech MK700/710 with the Quebec French layout. But, Windows 10 keyboard layout lists only "Canadian French International" which is not the same at all. There is no Quebec French layout as there was in W7.

I researched the subject on the web but found nothing relevant.

ineuw, May 10, 2022
Thema:

Some windows features + apps input keyboard as french

1. Some windows features + apps input keyboard as french - Similar Threads - features apps input

2. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  3. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  4. French Canadian language keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Canadian language keyboard: As of Windows 11, I no longer have the Canadian Multilingual keyboard.It appears to be replaced with something called the French Canadian keyboard. BUT!When using the on screen so-called „soft“ keyboard, it appears to be the Canadian Intermediate keyboard – but – when...
  5. Some windows features + apps input keyboard as french

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some windows features + apps input keyboard as french: I turned my computer off when it was in english and accidentaly knocked buttons on the keyboard, and the main input is french i think it is french but the OS features and apps Settings, search etc are in french, and external apps like firefox are in english input.I've tried...
  6. Keyboard input not detected by some programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input not detected by some programs: I have just installed Windows on my new computer and after restarting, Windows Search, Explorer and Settings do not register any keyboard input. Every other program, works perfectly fine, except for those three listed above and it's extremely annoying to the point that it's...
  7. Windows 10 keeps acting like i've installed French keyboard input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps acting like i've installed French keyboard input: As title says, windows 10 in the bottom right keeps displaying the alternative keyboard inputs, showing to be french there under English. When I go to settings there is no language pack other than English united states, and I can get rid of this temporarily only through...
  8. Windows 10 default calculator app will not accept some keyboard inputs, such as period,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 default calculator app will not accept some keyboard inputs, such as period,...: Having a strange problem with the Windows 10 Calculator. The app opens fine, but when you input numbers it does not accept the period key as a decimal separator. Neither from the numpad nor the main keyboard. Furthermore, Intro or Enter as equals do not work, backspace to...
  9. FRENCH KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FRENCH KEYBOARD: Hello everyone, I want to type French on my laptop so I changed my keyboard to FR (AZERTY). The problem is that I can't type these letters: â, ê, ô,... because everytime I press ^ (if we want to type these letters, we need to press ^ and then a, e, o,...), it becomes ^^...
  10. Can't delete french keyboard input!

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete french keyboard input!: For some reason, on my mother's PC on which a guy upgraded the PC from Windows 7, the French of France keyboard will not allow to be deleted. The France French keyboard is not in the list of input methods but it still shows in the language bar. Windows is in French and the...