Windows 10: Some Windows files are missing. Cannot create recovery.

Discus and support Some Windows files are missing. Cannot create recovery. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 Home. My hardware details are: [ATTACH] my windows details are: [ATTACH] I want to reinstall windows but I cannot create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KapilG1997, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Some Windows files are missing. Cannot create recovery.

Hi, I have Windows 10 Home.

My hardware details are:

Some Windows files are missing. Cannot create recovery. c649b412-a04a-4ce3-8aa0-c50890016a29?upload=true.jpg

my windows details are:

Some Windows files are missing. Cannot create recovery. ad86bf48-1020-4496-a851-718ef20c3473?upload=true.jpg

I want to reinstall windows but I cannot create a recovery media.

Some Windows files are missing. Cannot create recovery. c9dd4818-5d7d-4dba-9683-81df2395f3b4?upload=true.jpg

Please help me.

:)

KapilG1997, Dec 31, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Dec 31, 2019
  3. OldGrantonian, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Some Windows files are missing. Cannot create recovery.

Unable to create System Repair Disc with some files missing on Windows 10

Hi Duncan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a repair disc on your computer. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • How exactly are you trying to create System Repair Disc?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the SFC scan as System File Checker utility in Windows allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about creating a recovery drive and check if it helps.

Create a recovery drive

For more information refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and with the required information. We will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Some Windows files are missing. Cannot create recovery.

1. Some Windows files are missing. Cannot create recovery. - Similar Threads - files are missing

2. Cannot Create Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Create Recovery Drive: Hello! I am trying to factory reset my PC because I'm having loads of issues, including unable to update to the latest version of Windows. This has gone on for some time. I have done some research and everything seems to fail, such as: Cannot create recovery drive -- Some...
  3. "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." error message

"We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." error message: Hello, I have tried several different 64GB flash drives formatted to NTFS but cannot create a recovery drive in Windows 10. I get the error message in the title. There is currently 54.7GB in use on C: at this time, so I would like to get a good recovery image to get me back...
  4. Cannot create a recovery usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot create a recovery usb: When using Recovery to create a usb in admin the system tells me we cannot create the recovery disk. It is set up to go to Drive D. It has a 12 GB USB connected....
  5. we can't create a recovery drive on this PC some required files are missing

we can't create a recovery drive on this PC some required files are missing: So this appears to have been a problem for many and naturally mine will always be out of the scope of the answers. I tried this solution from Microsoft Answers on my computer and I get the following result: Using Command prompt as administrator...
  6. Can't create a recovery drive - files missing

Can't create a recovery drive - files missing: Following security update 1/9/2019, I can not create a recovery drive. The message says files are missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-a-recovery-drive-files-missing/63e548f5-5870-4f0c-a0ea-5d7fd7450f56
  7. Cannot create recovery drive

Cannot create recovery drive: I have been having problems with my PC for quite some time now and have decided to completely reinstall Windows 10. Whenever I try to create a recovery drive, I get a message saying "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." I do not have...
  8. Can't create a Windows 10 recovery drive; required files missing...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create a Windows 10 recovery drive; required files missing...: When I attempt to create a recovery drive, I receive the message, "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing." I found a suggestion to enter the following at an Administrator command prompt: reagentc /disable reagentc /setreimage...
  9. Missing files when creating Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing files when creating Recovery Drive: I'd like to make a recovery drive for my Win 10 PC. But when I click "Create Recovery Drive I get an error message that reads "files are missing." This is an "upgrade" Win 10 system from Win 7 Ult 64bit, not quite 1 month old so I don't see how anything should be missing....
  10. Cannot Create Recovery USB

Cannot Create Recovery USB: I have a handful of questions and issues with "Create Recovery Drive" 1. How dose Windows 10 Recovery disk work? When I first tried to create a recovery drive, it specifies the drive size I would need. One said I would need a USB that would take up to 8GB, the other...