Windows 10: Some windows open and are too small to read

Discus and support Some windows open and are too small to read in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 series 7000 which can with Windows 10. I am still learning my way around 10 and I'm no computer wiz. Some windows which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by glasgowm, Sep 27, 2015.

1. glasgowm Win User

Some windows open and are too small to read

I have a new Dell Inspiron 15 series 7000 which can with Windows 10. I am still learning my way around 10 and I'm no computer wiz. Some windows which open are very tiny. I am not referring to the size of the icons and text as it appears in some windows. Most windows are fine but a few are hardly legible. This is not browser specific, as one of the places I encounter it is when I do a Remote Desktop Connection. I have tried changing all of the display settings I can find but these adjust things across the board and once I get the small stuff large enough to see, much of what I do becomes way too large to fit on the monitor and is a real pain. Anyone else having this trouble? Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Matthew

:)

glasgowm, Sep 27, 2015
  2. Eric Ber Win User

some of my apps open to small to read how do I change this?

Hi Tom,

Changing the the display settings will allow the text and other items, such as icons, fonts, and windows, to display larger or smaller on your Windows 10 computer. To change the display settings on your computer, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type display settings and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Adjust the Change the size of text, apps, and other items on your preferred size.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Sep 27, 2015
  3. TomCusson Win User
    some of my apps open to small to read how do I change this?

When I open some of my apps they are to small to read ,How do I fix this?

TomCusson, Sep 27, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

One possible solution is if you are using a USB Microsoft mouse, the scroll wheel can be set to magnify in the Microsoft mouse and keyboard center(located in app apps). It will amplify or diminish by scrolling up or down. This is probable true with other aftermarket mice but I'm not positive. I usually use a mouse with my notebook since trackpads cramp my hands after a while. There may be a trackpad setting for this on your Dell also.

JohnC, Sep 27, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Some windows open and are too small to read - Similar Threads - open are too

2. Windows 10 Property Box too Small to read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Property Box too Small to read: Property box is small, unable to resize font. Not a scale and layout issue. Windows 10 Professional x64 Version 2009 build 19045.3393, 3.20 GHz Intel Core i5-4460, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 210 not a gamer...
  3. apps are opening too small

apps are opening too small: What has changed? Graphic design software and others are too small to see-- I am visually impaired. I went to>System. >Display, >increased text size. OK on browser, some programs like email but have lost others. This began 5/20/23....
  4. apps are opening too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps are opening too small: What has changed? Graphic design software and others are too small to see-- I am visually impaired. I went to>System. >Display, >increased text size. OK on browser, some programs like email but have lost others. This began 5/20/23....
  5. Text too small in some parts of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text too small in some parts of Windows: Hello! I have recently got an 14 inch Asus laptop. I found the text too small for my vision, so I modified some settings to make it bigger. The problem is it does not increase in all parts of Windows. I attach photos with my settings sorry for the foreign language, hope you...
  6. Text too small in some parts of Windows

Text too small in some parts of Windows: Hello! I have recently got an 14 inch Asus laptop. I found the text too small for my vision, so I modified some settings to make it bigger. The problem is it does not increase in all parts of Windows. I attach photos with my settings sorry for the foreign language, hope you...
  7. Some app too small to see

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some app too small to see: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/fj1ltx41tx561.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=af92be8ceacf49af0aa758629df0202725531846 Anyone knows how to fxi this please help ,Text in some app too small to read and submitted by /u/khuttajitto [link] [comments]...
  8. I tems too small to read

I tems too small to read: I want to adjust the fonts/ lettering, are tooo small to see let alone to read. the screen displays are very small. how do I adjust to make everything much larger to enable reading...
  9. Some windows sizes and text are too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some windows sizes and text are too small: Ever since I received my new Surface Book 2 running Windows 10 Pro, I've had occasional annoying issues with some windows sizes and text being extremely small. I spent weeks trying to resolve the issue with no luck. I've also read a few issues like this from other users who...
  10. Applications opening too small

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Applications opening too small: Certain applications, including (but not limited to) Photoshop open far too small making them unusable. Note that it is only the application opening too small, the other items on the desktop seem fine. Resolution is set to 3200 x 1800 and I've experimented with different...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i open a window it is too small to read