Windows 10: Some windows services and most games crashing upon opening. Possible dll corruption?

Discus and support Some windows services and most games crashing upon opening. Possible dll corruption? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 99% of my games across all platforms crash on launch with no error messages. Some windows services are also crashing when opened although they appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stanners02, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Some windows services and most games crashing upon opening. Possible dll corruption?

99% of my games across all platforms crash on launch with no error messages. Some windows services are also crashing when opened although they appear to be working for a couple seconds before freezing and closing without a 'not responding' message. Crucially, the event viewer crashes so I can't see error messages. Also when attempting to install any file repair software the program will crash during the setup wizard. The issue occurs across programs installed on different internal drives. A windows update after the problem started has not helped. In CMD I tried 'sfc /scannow' and a corrupted f

:)

Stanners02, Dec 8, 2022
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 8, 2022
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 8, 2022
  4. LemP Win User

Some windows services and most games crashing upon opening. Possible dll corruption?

Purbleplace2.dll is corrupted

You'll find that most of the frequent contributors to Microsoft Community and other online help forums discourage the use of these third-party DLL download sites. The files may or may not be correct, they may or may not be the latest version, and they may
    or may not be infested with malware.

Assuming that you have some variety of Windows 7, the following steps should get things back.

1. Click Start, type appwiz.cpl in the Search box, and press Enter
    2. Click the link in the left pane to "Turn Windows features on or off"
    3. When the list populates, expand the "Games" category, clear the box for "Purble Place" and click OK
    4. When the change completes, open Windows Explorer (the file manager), navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games and confirm that the Purble Place folder has been deleted. If it's still there, delete it (you will have to respond to the UAC prompt to do
      this).
    5. Repeat step 2
    6. When the list populates, expand the "Games" category, check the box for "Purble Place" and click OK

LemP, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

Some windows services and most games crashing upon opening. Possible dll corruption?

1. Some windows services and most games crashing upon opening. Possible dll corruption? - Similar Threads - services games crashing

2. Chrome crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome crashes upon opening: Whenever I open chrome on my windows 11 laptop it immediately closes within a moment I have tried reinstalling and restarting my computer but that only keeps it open for an extra second or two until I interact with the app. I need chrome for school and other work and this...
  3. Chrome crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome crashes upon opening: Whenever I open chrome on my windows 11 laptop it immediately closes within a moment I have tried reinstalling and restarting my computer but that only keeps it open for an extra second or two until I interact with the app. I need chrome for school and other work and this...
  4. PowerShell Crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell Crashes upon opening: I have recently been facing a problem with PowerShell. Whenever i open PowerShell, it will crash and sometimes it will give out this error [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000] I have tried running SFC /Scannow but it didn't work. I would be really grateful if...
  5. PowerShell Crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell Crashes upon opening: I have recently been facing a problem with PowerShell. Whenever i open PowerShell, it will crash and sometimes it will give out this error [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000] I have tried running SFC /Scannow but it didn't work. I would be really grateful if...
  6. PowerShell Crashes upon opening

7. Some windows services and most games crashing upon opening. Possible dll corruption?

Some windows services and most games crashing upon opening. Possible dll corruption?: 99% of my games across all platforms crash on launch with no error messages. Some windows services are also crashing when opened although they appear to be working for a couple seconds before freezing and closing without a 'not responding' message. Crucially, the event viewer...
  8. Some windows services and most games crashing upon opening. Possible dll corruption?

Some windows services and most games crashing upon opening. Possible dll corruption?: 99% of my games across all platforms crash on launch with no error messages. Some windows services are also crashing when opened although they appear to be working for a couple seconds before freezing and closing without a 'not responding' message. Crucially, the event viewer...
  9. Some games will not open due to MSVCP100.dll file is missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Some games will not open due to MSVCP100.dll file is missing: I am not sure how this can be remedied short of going back and doing system restore at that point in time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-games-will-not-open-due-to-msvcp100dll-file/8c254776-9d35-4517-bb1c-951d60689686
  10. D3D11.dll multiple crashes and impossibility to play some games.

D3D11.dll multiple crashes and impossibility to play some games.: Hi everyone. I've been struggling for a long time with this problem, it all began when in tried to install Absolver, wich started crashing systematicly after some play time about 5/10 minutes. Trying to make this work, i tried almost anything i can think of : all drivers,...