Windows 10: Some windows services are disabled after reboot and even if I change it to automatic/manual...

Discus and support Some windows services are disabled after reboot and even if I change it to automatic/manual... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/12312_12312 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/12312_12312, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Some windows services are disabled after reboot and even if I change it to automatic/manual...

/u/12312_12312, Dec 12, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Dec 12, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Some windows services are disabled after reboot and even if I change it to automatic/manual... :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Dec 12, 2019
  4. LarryTX Win User

Some windows services are disabled after reboot and even if I change it to automatic/manual...

Apache/MySQL service settings revert to manual on reboot

I've maintained an XAMPP localhost on my machine for web development for years and never had any real problem with it. Fairly recently (within the last two or three months, I believe), the services for both Apache and MySQL always revert to a Startup Type of Manual on reboot. Each time, I dutifully go in and reset the Startup Type to Automatic and start the services. Everything is fine until the next reboot. Then, I find that neither Apache nor MySQL are running because the Startup Type has reverted to Manual. So, I do the same thing all over again. I must have reset the two services to Automatic at least a thousand times. They always revert to Manual.

This has never happened before. Is there a way:

• To prevent them from reverting to Manual, effectively making Automatic "stick" or
    • Failing that, write a batch file to circumvent whatever Microsoft has done and reset the Startup Type on reboot?

I just know that the Microsoft software engineers spend many a sleepless night figuring out new and creative ways to make Windows less usable and more inefficient. Aparently, they strike again!

LarryTX, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Some windows services are disabled after reboot and even if I change it to automatic/manual...

1. Some windows services are disabled after reboot and even if I change it to automatic/manual... - Similar Threads - services are disabled

2. Services keeps become manual/automatic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Services keeps become manual/automatic: Hi. Those services BITS, Update Orchestrator Service, WIndows Update and Windows Update Medic Service keeps re-enable themselves after like 1 week when i disable them...
  3. Services keeps become manual/automatic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Services keeps become manual/automatic: Hi. Those services BITS, Update Orchestrator Service, WIndows Update and Windows Update Medic Service keeps re-enable themselves after like 1 week when i disable them...
  4. Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually: I have disabled all Date and time options so that time doesn't change automatically but windows 10 keeps changing my time wrong, even after i formatted windows, keeps showing me a wrong time, and after i change it manually next time i restart time is wrong againThe timezone...
  5. Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually: I have disabled all Date and time options so that time doesn't change automatically but windows 10 keeps changing my time wrong, even after i formatted windows, keeps showing me a wrong time, and after i change it manually next time i restart time is wrong againThe timezone...
  6. Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Some services can't start even if i try to start them manually

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some services can't start even if i try to start them manually: some services I use don't start automatically and when I try to start them manually I run into unexpected end , meaning they do not start at all, I need help on that please, what should I do?...
  8. Disabling or manually managing a service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling or manually managing a service: Context: I have multiple services running that blocks me from installing Docker which is crucial for work. The Services GUI manager has the startup type disabled for these apps. I cannot, as an admin, in safe-mode, using regedit, also running as admin, change the service...
  9. Windows Update reverting to automatic after being manually disabled?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update reverting to automatic after being manually disabled?: 2 problems. 1) I disabled Windows Update in Services to avoid having to deal with the bullsh* updates. Later I put it on "manual" instead of "disabled". Today I find that my computer is "installing updates" WITHOUT a) my permission and b) without notifying me that there...
  10. BITS service manual or automatic?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BITS service manual or automatic?: Hey all I'm just wondering whether it matters if the BITS services is in manual or automatic (delayed start) since it has a habit of switch from the former to the latter. I'm not interested in disabling it as I still want my updates checked automatically (controversial I...