Windows 10: Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things

Discus and support Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Alright so I have been dealing with this for months now. Some apps won't open, such as Photos and To-Do List for example. Some do open, like Calculator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mAReDux, Jul 31, 2019.

1. mAReDux Win User

Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things

Alright so I have been dealing with this for months now. Some apps won't open, such as Photos and To-Do List for example. Some do open, like Calculator and the Store opens for me as well unlike some people who reported the same problem.

I have tried pretty much everything I could find on Google but I just can't seem to get it to work.

I am 90% sure this is about permissions because I had several malware that messed up my permissions. I deleted those malware but I think it didn't solve my permission problem. I played around with the permissions to the best of my ability but no luck still.

Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things [​IMG]

I tried changing permissions in the registry but failed, I ran Tweaking.com but it didn't do the trick, I tried the whole uninstall-install things for the apps many, many times but it didn't work.

Basically I'm hoping to be able to do something about this without messing around with a reset or format. Any help is appreciated.

:)

mAReDux, Jul 31, 2019

2. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Jul 31, 2019
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things

1. Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things - Similar Threads - Store Apps won't

2. Start Menu Not working getting locked now & many issue as I thing some one is in control of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Not working getting locked now & many issue as I thing some one is in control of...: Please help me to get rid of the day to day problem I am facing with my laptop with Dell window 10 inspiration, Many times I change the password & many time I change internet service provider, some times I saw error in red color that some setting are controlled by management....
  3. Problems starting some Store apps (not all).

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems starting some Store apps (not all).: I've had this problem ever since Anniversary upgrade on one of my machines (a Dell). At the same time, the problem does not exist on my older HP. I've discussed it here before, but I still have not gotten any results, so I thought a new thread would be better... Summary:...
  4. cmd.exe errors 0xc0000142 ,tried many things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cmd.exe errors 0xc0000142 ,tried many things: hi iam lost atm, my pc works usually fine,i fix probs without issues,but yesterday openvpn acted up, in middle of the day i checked what exactly the issue was, and cmd-admin to see whats going on ,and it errored 0xc0000142 odd then i took some steps to check what it...
  5. So many things wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So many things wrong: I recently bought a HP Pavilion desktop and i'm starting to have problems after I updated it. I can't open the task manager even with shortcuts. I can only open Chrome by clicking it on the desktop There are no apps on the taskbar, and when I click anything on it nothing...
  6. Many things not working

Many things not working: I am using Windows 10 Pro . So earlier i was going across regedit and i was setting permissions to a group , nvm so later my screen just refreshed and actually i couldn't see half of my taskbar , it was like invisible . I could point the mouse to that and it would eventually...
  7. Store app and verify won't work among other things.

Store app and verify won't work among other things.: HELP! I cannot use my App store, help or verify my account on my computer. Everytime I try - the app store immediately closes, I get a gray box that immediately closes. I switched to a local account, and now I can't go back to my micro soft account because I get the gray...
  8. Windows menu and many other things is corrupt

Windows menu and many other things is corrupt: So i was playing with a friend over discord and i screen shared PUBG. It all went fine until when i was done, my desktop started going black and then it all refreshed. I shut down my computer since i had to go and next day my computer turns on to a black screen. I couldn't do...
  9. Can't use Windows Store or many default apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't use Windows Store or many default apps: I can't open any of these apps when this happened after attempting to fix an issue started with not being able to unpin/pin new apps to the start menu. Help would greatly be appreciated. 37930
  10. Some things in Windows Explorer won't Pin to Start Menu despite option

in Windows 10 Support
    Some things in Windows Explorer won't Pin to Start Menu despite option: There is the option on many things in windows expolorer, if you right click, "Pin to start" .. for instance.. say you have a folder you want to pin a shortcut to.. you right click that.. pin to start.. it should then appear in the start menu.. well on my system it doesnt.....