Windows 10: Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things

Discus and support Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Alright so I have been dealing with this for months now. Some apps won't open, such as Photos and To-Do List for example. Some do open, like Calculator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mAReDux, Jul 31, 2019.

1. mAReDux Win User

Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things

Alright so I have been dealing with this for months now. Some apps won't open, such as Photos and To-Do List for example. Some do open, like Calculator and the Store opens for me as well unlike some people who reported the same problem.

I have tried pretty much everything I could find on Google but I just can't seem to get it to work.

I am 90% sure this is about permissions because I had several malware that messed up my permissions. I deleted those malware but I think it didn't solve my permission problem. I played around with the permissions to the best of my ability but no luck still.

Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things [​IMG]

I tried changing permissions in the registry but failed, I ran Tweaking.com but it didn't do the trick, I tried the whole uninstall-install things for the apps many, many times but it didn't work.

Basically I'm hoping to be able to do something about this without messing around with a reset or format. Any help is appreciated.

:)

mAReDux, Jul 31, 2019

2. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Jul 31, 2019
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things

1. Some Windows Store Apps won't start, tried many things - Similar Threads - Store Apps won't

2. Can't start many Metro apps some apps work, most - no

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't start many Metro apps some apps work, most - no: After installing and starting Metro apps, they close immediately, showing the window-box just for a fraction of second.There are 3 different error messages in the "Applications" log:Provider: ESENT, EventID 454DllHost 7620,U,98...
  3. Some Apps on Microsoft store won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Some Apps on Microsoft store won't open: I just recently got a pc and I wanted to download and play microsoft minesweeper. I just downloaded it and tried to open it and a transparent window flashed on my screen for a split second and then disappeared. I tried opening it again and still flashes a transparent window...
  4. Windows 10 App store and some things are gone after debloating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 App store and some things are gone after debloating: Used the Sycnex debloater and made sure not to delete windows apps,yet ended up doing it. This got rid of Xbox, Store and image viewer too. Used the reverse registry changes but that did not help The app was showing in search but nothing happened when i tried to open it...
  5. Some Microsft Store's apps can't be opened, tried many thing but still doesn't work.

Some Microsft Store's apps can't be opened, tried many thing but still doesn't work.: I tried poting this on r/TechSupport, but no luck. Hello, I'm having a problem where I can't some Microsoft Store apps like Photos, Microsoft To Do, and Your Phone (this app is weird because I used to able to open it until I update it through MS Store). I tried...
  6. Unable to delete Windows.old tried many things

Unable to delete Windows.old tried many things: Error 0x80070091: The directory is not empty. I did the Disk Cleanup remove previous windows installation thing yet the empty Windows.old folder wont let me delete it. I changed folder ownership, tired one of those sketchy file "unlocker" programs, and duel booted linux to...
  7. Some apps won't start anymore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some apps won't start anymore: Ever since a couple of months ago apps like Cod 2, Cod 4 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will not start and crash on boot. They work on other PC's fine but now they no longer work on mine. If I could get any answers then that would be great. Thanks...
  8. Microsoft Store Apps some apps won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Apps some apps won't open: Hello, I had another computer with windows 10 and all my games from Microsoft Store all worked. Could it be that I'm using my 50" TV as my monitor, it has a VGA plug on the back of the Tv. My monitor broke so I've been using that as my monitor. I uninstalled MS Store,...
  9. Problems starting some Store apps (not all).

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems starting some Store apps (not all).: I've had this problem ever since Anniversary upgrade on one of my machines (a Dell). At the same time, the problem does not exist on my older HP. I've discussed it here before, but I still have not gotten any results, so I thought a new thread would be better... Summary:...
  10. Some things in Windows Explorer won't Pin to Start Menu despite option

in Windows 10 Support
    Some things in Windows Explorer won't Pin to Start Menu despite option: There is the option on many things in windows expolorer, if you right click, "Pin to start" .. for instance.. say you have a folder you want to pin a shortcut to.. you right click that.. pin to start.. it should then appear in the start menu.. well on my system it doesnt.....