Windows 10: Some Windows Tips/Suggestions

Discus and support Some Windows Tips/Suggestions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today @Windows in Twitter asked for help 'tricks' anyone might have to share with other End Users. Here are a few I offered: 1. Pin Settings to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drew1903, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Some Windows Tips/Suggestions

Today @Windows in Twitter asked for help 'tricks' anyone might have to share with other End Users. Here are a few I offered:

1. Pin Settings to Taskbar.
    2. Have an Applications window on the taskbar
    3. Use multiple desktops. Organise different concerns & interests separately.
    And, just, an interesting one...
    4. A funky weather app.
    5. Remember, WinX is available. Efficient access to many things. Also, can do K/B shorts; WinX+underlined letter

Some Windows Tips/Suggestions 12105435-f292-4727-9c4f-dd23c8c4ec37?upload=true.jpg

Some Windows Tips/Suggestions fbd82805-3036-43c5-b221-d144e83fd419?upload=true.jpg

Some Windows Tips/Suggestions 9b2c34f6-c6f7-420d-ad23-37e1c0ae47c0?upload=true.jpg

Cheers,
    Drew
    Some Windows Tips/Suggestions 3af8c7ad-9131-4f5c-9999-1db101a9df38?upload=true.jpg

:)

Drew1903, Mar 24, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Some Windows Tips/Suggestions :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Dalkamyr Win User
    BitFenix Prodigy Case - tips

3 questions for you fellas:

• What kind of PSU would I need for a gt720+i5+hdd+ssd? I was thinking 400w should be plenty, right?
    • What kind of cool blue lighting would you suggest for that case? I got the one with a big window (the case is shown in my profile picture)

Dalkamyr, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Some Windows Tips/Suggestions

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Some Windows Tips/Suggestions

1. Some Windows Tips/Suggestions - Similar Threads - Tips Suggestions

2. My Microsoft store is not working and I've tried every tip on the Microsoft website, but...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft store is not working and I've tried every tip on the Microsoft website, but...: Microsoft 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-store-is-not-working-and-ive-tried/af1a96c0-fadd-400e-9824-d1fdc7620928
  3. How to Turn off Tips and Suggestions notifications in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn off Tips and Suggestions notifications in Windows 11: [IMG]In this article, we will show you how to turn off Tips and Suggestions notifications in Windows 11. Tips and tricks notifications are pop-up messages that appear to provide useful Windows 11 tips and tricks about using the operating system. These notifications can be...
  4. Tips or suggestions towards diagnosis of Win11 freezing and windows recovery on attempted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tips or suggestions towards diagnosis of Win11 freezing and windows recovery on attempted...: It has happened 5 times now, beginning about 2 weeks ago. I will be in the middle of something, typically minimizing a document to select a tab on my browser. It also happened while attempting to load a game, an another time on the desktop. When it freezes i have no control...
  5. Tips or suggestions towards diagnosis of Win11 freezing and windows recovery on attempted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tips or suggestions towards diagnosis of Win11 freezing and windows recovery on attempted...: It has happened 5 times now, beginning about 2 weeks ago. I will be in the middle of something, typically minimizing a document to select a tab on my browser. It also happened while attempting to load a game, an another time on the desktop. When it freezes i have no control...
  6. A wee Suggestion / Tip

in Windows 10 Customization
    A wee Suggestion / Tip: Just sharing food for thought & a bit of a recommendation There are unneeded taskbar icons w/ K/B shortcuts, re: Search & Cortana, BUT... there are 3 that do well being there & improve the experience if & when they are on the taskbar. They are Settings, This PC & Task View a...
  7. Speech Recognition Issues On Windows 10 Pro Insider. Need advice/tips/suggestions/solutions!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speech Recognition Issues On Windows 10 Pro Insider. Need advice/tips/suggestions/solutions!: As stated, my issue is related to Speech Recognition on my custom-built pc. I'm running Windows 10 Pro & I'm on the Insider Program in the fast ring. Version 2004 OS Build 19592.1001. So here is what's going on: I'm trying to setup Speech Recognition for a headset to use...
  8. I've been getting this error a lot recently and I tried the suggested tips

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I've been getting this error a lot recently and I tried the suggested tips: I've been getting this error: Windows Script Host Script: C:\windows\system32\Maintenance.vbs Line: 10 Char: 2 Error: Type mismatch 'CInt' Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error and I read This thread about the same error but it didn't help. I have recently...
  9. Spring Refresh of System 2019--Any Tips or suggestions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spring Refresh of System 2019--Any Tips or suggestions: Hello All Tomorrow afternoon suppose to have arrival of my very first Western Digital black storage drive (1tb) anyways due to issues with resorting images on system (some reason everytime I restored an image, it drops from Windows 10 Pro currently using, to Windows 10...
  10. Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Tip, Trick, and Suggestion Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tips, Tricks, and Suggestions Notifications about Windows 10 By default, Windows 10 will occasionally show you notifications for helpful tips about using Windows 10....