Windows 10: Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library

Discus and support Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Spent far to many hours trying to get some music that plays in WMP but does not show up in Itunes. If I look at the i tunes albums the song is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by really old guy, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library

Spent far to many hours trying to get some music that plays in WMP but does not show up in Itunes. If I look at the i tunes albums the song is there but grayed out and says "file location not found". Is there a way to have itunes and WMP sing all songs off the same "song sheet"

:)

really old guy, Dec 22, 2016
  2. goldbondx Win User

Scanning Windows libraries halts with error code: 8300300B

I am hesitent to do this as I have 200gb of music in iTunes I do not want to lose. I have read through the FAQ and it doesn't clearly tell me what is happening to my file structure when a library is deleted or restores.

I had validated that WMP does work for syncing on it's own with same playlist that were imported from iTunes. BUT, I did see several songs that it skipped or ignored due to naming conventions. (Example: Gangnam Style with some doublebyte characters)

The issue now is 2 days later, WMP doesn't even see my playlists on the device (even thought they are there).

goldbondx, Dec 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 lost iTunes Library

Hi,

I recently purchased a computer with Windows 10 installed. I uploaded my music to the itunes library and listened to music all day. After one day, I returned to my PC and noticed some songs were not playing. I checked my music files and over half of my
    library is missing..

Is there anyway to resolve this?

SantanaJulian, Dec 22, 2016
  4. Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library

When I try to access specific songs in itunes it says "file location not found" yet I can call the song up on wmp and listen to it.
    Sometimes when I list the album in itunes the song is missing and other times it is grayed out. I am trying to put music to a video but I can only do it through itunes. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have spent too much time watching facebook videos on how to sync these two programs

really old guy, Dec 22, 2016
Thema:

Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library

1. Some WMP songs will not return to itunes library - Similar Threads - WMP songs return

2. WMP and Duplicates some more than 6-8 times the same song!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WMP and Duplicates some more than 6-8 times the same song!: I use Window 10. I guess that means I have WMP 12 I can't find 'About' or 'Help' section. My problem is I have about 3,400 songs/videos. Most are doubles. Some have between 6-8 copies of the same song. This leads me to believe that I am wasting a lot of space - in addition to...
  3. WMP and Duplicates some more than 6-8 times the same song!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMP and Duplicates some more than 6-8 times the same song!: I use Window 10. I guess that means I have WMP 12 I can't find 'About' or 'Help' section. My problem is I have about 3,400 songs/videos. Most are doubles. Some have between 6-8 copies of the same song. This leads me to believe that I am wasting a lot of space - in addition to...
  4. WMP and Duplicates some more than 6-8 times the same song!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WMP Library and OneDive dilemma

in Windows 10 Support
    WMP Library and OneDive dilemma: Hello all, For a while I've been trying to resolve this issue but I don't know how. I use WMP and I would like to put all of my music files on OneDrive and let WMP view the Music library from OneDrive. There is one problem with this though. When making my music files on...
  6. WMP library

WMP library: How do I get my WMP library to populate? I have ripped most of my large CD collection to my laptop. In the past, after reorganising my collection I have deleted everything from the library and the library has automatically repopulated. Today I cannot get the library to...
  7. WMP Rip To Library

WMP Rip To Library: I use Windows Media Player to rip audiobook CDs to my hard drive. When I start a new audiobook I open WMP, click tools, options, rip music. Under rip music to this location I click change and select the folder that I want the files to go into. Then click okay and apply....
  8. Some songs not appearing in WMP

Some songs not appearing in WMP: I transfered some songs from downloads to music. Most of them usually show up in WMP in a few seconds, but lately it always seems to be one or two that are in the music folder but don't appear in WMP. Why does this happen and how do I fix it? Operating Windows 10...
  9. iTune song genre changing when playing the song.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    iTune song genre changing when playing the song.: Lost the entire iTunes library. Partially recovered, but when playing a song, the genre is changed. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/itune-song-genre-changing-when-playing-the-song/10e250a5-227f-470d-8a38-7e94bf3f5457
  10. Editing the default WMP library?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing the default WMP library?: I expect this is embarrassingly obvious, but in WMP how do I reduce the content of its Library, which by default appears to include everything on my PC, including backups etc. My illustration is more specific: [img] 1. How do I delete these external HDs from the...