Windows 10: somehow i have lost google chrome as startup home page

Discus and support somehow i have lost google chrome as startup home page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; startup defaults to windows edge instead of google chrome????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SHARONCARGILE, Oct 14, 2018.

1. somehow i have lost google chrome as startup home page

startup defaults to windows edge instead of google chrome????

:)

SHARONCARGILE, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Google chrome doesn't react

Thank you for that information.

Since you were able to use Google Chrome without any issues using a different Internet connection, there is a possibility that Google Chrome is not responding when connecting to your Internet connection.

For us to isolate and resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1:
    Reset Chrome settings to default

Disclaimer: The Reset Google chrome Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset google chrome Settings
    feature. Resetting Google Chrome isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Step 2: If you are able to open google chrome follow the steps from this

article
    to back up the bookmark.

Try to export the bookmark from google chrome.

Step 3: Reset Windows Update Components.

These are services that Windows Update needs to make sure it's working effectively.

If the issue still persists, don't hesitate to inform us and we'll be happy to further assist you.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 14, 2018
  4. somehow i have lost google chrome as startup home page

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

somehow i have lost google chrome as startup home page

1. somehow i have lost google chrome as startup home page - Similar Threads - somehow lost google

2. Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo: Hello .Can any one let me know how to setup url to open default on chrome startup and set home page to open same url using gpo I have applied the admx template and configured settingsEnable the item named Action on startup.Select the option to open a list of URLsAnd URLs to...
  3. Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo: Hello .Can any one let me know how to setup url to open default on chrome startup and set home page to open same url using gpo I have applied the admx template and configured settingsEnable the item named Action on startup.Select the option to open a list of URLsAnd URLs to...
  4. Set startup and home page in Google chrome using gpo

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Google Chrome Extensions crash at startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome Extensions crash at startup.: Every time, when I start my PC after Doscprd and Spotify are started there are little pop-ups on the bottom right, that my Chrome Extensions (AdBlockPlus, Honey and TeleParty) crashed. WIth latest updates installed. Hardware is: Ryzen 5 3600X 2x8GB 3600MHz DDR4 RTX 2070...
  6. Somehow I have lost Windows 10 on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Somehow I have lost Windows 10 on my desktop.: Somehow I have lost Windows 10 on my desktop. when I log on it says automatic repair and then offers various options. Under Advance Options nothing seems to work and I do not have an administrator on my desktop. What next please?...
  7. Netulis.dll error on google chrome startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Netulis.dll error on google chrome startup: Every time I try to open google chrome an error appears that says "chrome.exe - invalid image. C: /Windows/SYSTEM32/netulis.dll was not designed to run on windows or contains an error. Try reinstalling program using original installation media or contact your system...
  8. Lost access to everything but google chrome

Lost access to everything but google chrome: I'm using a SuperSonic tablet running windows 10 that my college gave me but now I cant run anything but Google Chrome. I try to open settings but nothing happens, I try to open Control Panel but it tells me I lack the permissions to access, file manager does the same thing...
  9. Keeps defaulting to google home page

Keeps defaulting to google home page: I have windows 10 pro set internet explorer 11 home page as a msn one but it keeps going to what looks like a google page?? of some type, I don't know why as chrome is on my computer but not scheduled to start up at computer login. Why is this happening and how can I correct...
  10. Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows How to Change Startup Page in Google Chrome for Windows The startup page is the page(s) that open when you open Google Chrome. You can set your startup page for Google Chrome to open the New Tab page, previous...