Windows 10: Somehow I need to boot my machines twice in a particular order in order to share folder

Discus and support Somehow I need to boot my machines twice in a particular order in order to share folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have multi-computers at home all running with windows 10, 1903. In the past, they were all installed with windows 10, 18xx (can not remember what xx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DamienHUANG 黄卫, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Somehow I need to boot my machines twice in a particular order in order to share folder

I have multi-computers at home all running with windows 10, 1903.

In the past, they were all installed with windows 10, 18xx (can not remember what xx is now), I set up one computer with share folder to allow other computers to access to. This configuration worked fine for a long time, until one day, one of the computer - not the one hosts the share folder had upgrade to 1903 and that computer can not access to the share driver, more precisely, it can still access to the folder, but required a very special boot up sequence on both computers. The sequence is, firstly boot up the two computers normally, and then reboot the machine that did not host the share folder followed with rebooting the computer with the share folder, before the share folder hosting computer finish its reboot, login to the other computer and access the share folder as soon as the host computer finished its boot up without doing anything and having any delay. Otherwise access would be denied with "the user name or password is incorrect".

At the beginning, I thought it was due to windows version mismatch, so I upgraded all computers to 1903, still the same problem and require the same boot up sequence to be able to access to the share folder!

Can someone help?

Regards,

:)

DamienHUANG 黄卫, Sep 30, 2019
  2. pepanee Win User

Boot Order?

Yes. From my experience, the boot order goes down that list of everything that is listed there. If none of the devices have anything to boot from, then yes, like Winuser said, the computer will state that there is no boot device.

pepanee, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Nick!!! Win User
    Boot Order Help

Hi,

I would like some help to optimise my boot order.

My preference is:

1. USB
    2. CDDVDW
    3. C: Drive where windows is installed
    Refer to picture below which shows my current setup.

Question

1. Is this order inline for my preference above?
    2. Will the CDDVDW also boot USB?
    3. If answer to 2) is no how do I add USB boot as option as 1) is there a way to do it.

Somehow I need to boot my machines twice in a particular order in order to share folder 81351213-3c11-4d64-a2d4-dad860d60936?upload=true.jpg

Any help appreciated, thanks.

thanks,

Nick.

Nick!!!, Sep 30, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Somehow I need to boot my machines twice in a particular order in order to share folder

Boot Order?

My understanding is ...... it goes down the boot order list until it finds one applicable.

davidhk, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Somehow I need to boot my machines twice in a particular order in order to share folder

1. Somehow I need to boot my machines twice in a particular order in order to share folder - Similar Threads - Somehow need boot

2. Accidentally ordered Windows twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally ordered Windows twice: I accidentally ordered Windows 10/11 Pro twice.When looking in the order history - https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders?refd=account.microsoft.comThere is no option available to cancel or refund the order....
  3. Accidentally ordered Windows twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally ordered Windows twice: I accidentally ordered Windows 10/11 Pro twice.When looking in the order history - https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders?refd=account.microsoft.comThere is no option available to cancel or refund the order....
  4. Accidentally ordered Windows twice

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Folders Out Of Order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders Out Of Order: Hi. I have Windows 7 with Desktop Folders. I opened one folder and slipped on the mouse, and now the folder I opened has suddenly reserved the order of its sub folders. It was A-Z, now its Z-A. How can I reverse this? I don't see any sort options in the Top Panel, which now...
  6. my orders folder is empty, all orders lost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my orders folder is empty, all orders lost: my orders folder has empties except for 1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-orders-folder-is-empty-all-orders-lost/70a60d14-1c0e-41d9-870d-d29595ec357f
  7. My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop has to boot up twice in order to work properly: I own a Dell XPS13 with windows 10, and whenever I try to boot it up, I just get the black screen with the dell logo.I have to hold down the power button to shut off, then turn it on again. When I do this, I get the same black screen, but with a loading circle below it. Then...
  8. PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows

PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into Windows: Hello Everyone, My PC needs to be turned on twice in order to boot into windows. When it's turned on the first time, it just displays the windows logo and does nothing, but when it's turned on the second time, it boots normally. I've seen other people having the same...
  9. Boot order

Boot order: Hello, BIOS (legacy type) is supposedly is able to edit the [I]boot order[I] but mine refused to do it, nothing happens. I'd like to put the CD drive in the first place, so my machine would be able to boot from it. I need it because the created rescue discs configured so....
  10. Boot Order?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Order?: Hello If the pc BIOS is set such that the very first device to boot from is a usb stick, what happens if there is no usb stick ? Will it “automatically” go to the second device (presumably a normal boot) ? Thanks, Bob 99882