Windows 10: Somehow lost a folder on my PC but I didn’t delete it...

Discus and support Somehow lost a folder on my PC but I didn’t delete it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I went on my PC for the first time in a while (to find my profile pic and banner) and I was wondering where my folder was with my profile pic and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/purp1ey, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Somehow lost a folder on my PC but I didn’t delete it...

So I went on my PC for the first time in a while (to find my profile pic and banner) and I was wondering where my folder was with my profile pic and that sort of stuff. It wasn’t on my desktop (where it has always been) so I decided to search all of my drives for the folder, all I found was a couple of shortcuts from the recent files section. Those shortcuts had some of the stuff that was in my folder but when I clicked on them it said that the location was changed or moved. It showed the file location which was on my desktop but it’s not there anymore. So next I installed recuva and scanned my c drive, it wasn’t there either so I don’t think I would’ve deleted it. Next I installed glasswire to see if someone had remote controlled my pc and deleted those files, nothing really showed up. Is it possible that I could’ve accidentally dragged the folder onto a USB or something? It’s not in the recycling bin either. Thanks for reading and I hope I can solve this soon!

submitted by /u/purp1ey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/purp1ey, Jan 23, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Somehow lost a folder on my PC but I didn’t delete it... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Somehow lost a folder on my PC but I didn’t delete it... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 23, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 23, 2020
  4. WojtasRed Win User

Somehow lost a folder on my PC but I didn’t delete it...

Hidden folders

I installed `Kane and Lynch` on my PC twice in Program Files(x86) folder but I can`t find them (2 folders with game). But free space on my HDD is lower. So there`re those folders on my hdd. I use option `unhide` hidden folders but still can`t find them. Any suggestions? How can i delete those hidden folders?

When I run istallation for this game I can see those folders in Program Files(x86) folde.

I`m using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

WojtasRed, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Somehow lost a folder on my PC but I didn’t delete it...

1. Somehow lost a folder on my PC but I didn’t delete it... - Similar Threads - Somehow lost folder

2. Pc didn’t start correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc didn’t start correctly: My pc didn’t start correctly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-didnt-start-correctly/a70c0dc2-f2ae-4ee5-8ca6-b44a5efa176e
  3. I somehow deleted windows app from my pc.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I somehow deleted windows app from my pc.: Please help me. Ive tried everything, even resetting the whole pc. I dont want to factory reset. It's my last resort if whatever im doing now does not work. I have tried so many ways to reinstall the windows store app/microsoft store app and none of them have worked. I tried...
  4. I somehow deleted windows app from my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I somehow deleted windows app from my pc.: Please help me. Ive tried everything, even resetting the whole pc. I dont want to factory reset. It's my last resort if whatever im doing now does not work. I have tried so many ways to reinstall the windows store app/microsoft store app and none of them have worked. I tried...
  5. I somehow deleted windows app from my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Somehow I have lost Windows 10 on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Somehow I have lost Windows 10 on my desktop.: Somehow I have lost Windows 10 on my desktop. when I log on it says automatic repair and then offers various options. Under Advance Options nothing seems to work and I do not have an administrator on my desktop. What next please?...
  7. Somehow I lost all admin rights in System

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Somehow I lost all admin rights in System: Lost all admin rights in system after I failed to renew an app that cleaned up my system. I can log into windows with my user name and password, but once in there no matter what I do it tells me to login as an admin., and I can't seem to give myself admin rights. I tried...
  8. A virus deleted my antivirus somehow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A virus deleted my antivirus somehow: A couple days ago a shortcut disappeared from my desktop. I didn't pay much attention to it until today when I realized it was the shortcut for AVG. I tried to open AVG and looked for the install folder and it seems that AVG was uninstalled from my computer somehow. Immediate...
  9. How to retrieve a lost/deleted folder?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to retrieve a lost/deleted folder?: I lost (maybe deleted - I just noticed it was gone) my folder and I don't know how to retrieve it, it was not on the recycle bin either. I had already tried recovering it in different ways like backup (found out it was not setup), restore previous versions (there were no...
  10. I have somehow dropped my user folder into my Documents folder!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have somehow dropped my user folder into my Documents folder!!: Or the other way round to be honest I can't get my head around it.*Sick The upshot is that I don't have a c:\users\mike folder any more its now the c:\users\Documents folder ! but...... it's not! if I open a cmd prompt in the folder it says it's the c:\users\mike folder...