Windows 10: Someone accidentally turned off my PC while it is was updating

Discus and support Someone accidentally turned off my PC while it is was updating in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Visible issues(custom desktop background missing, and account icon looks wonky) after the incident happened, no functional problems. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JuDg3_Jacob, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Someone accidentally turned off my PC while it is was updating

Visible issues(custom desktop background missing, and account icon looks wonky) after the incident happened, no functional problems. Is there a way to overwrite on top of the update to fix itself. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/JuDg3_Jacob
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JuDg3_Jacob, Mar 20, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Mandroid Win User
    My PC won't turn on after update

I installed some updates while I stepped away from my PC. When I came back I found it like in a hibernation state and irresponsive. I tried disconnecting the power cable and restarted it but nothing. I even tried to put in the installation disc but there's no power to open the tray. I do see an led light, telling me that power is coming in but not enough to boot. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Someone accidentally turned off my PC while it is was updating [​IMG]

Mandroid, Mar 20, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Someone accidentally turned off my PC while it is was updating

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Someone accidentally turned off my PC while it is was updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Someone accidentally turned off my PC while it is was updating

1. Someone accidentally turned off my PC while it is was updating - Similar Threads - Someone accidentally turned

2. I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now...: I was on geforce experience when there was a driver update, and I installed it. I had a button on my desktop to click if I want to shut it down, and I accidentally pressed it, and now my pc is stuck in 640 x 720 or something and I can't get it out. I tried to install the...
  3. I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now...: I was on geforce experience when there was a driver update, and I installed it. I had a button on my desktop to click if I want to shut it down, and I accidentally pressed it, and now my pc is stuck in 640 x 720 or something and I can't get it out. I tried to install the...
  4. I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I accidentally turned off my computer while factory resetting it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally turned off my computer while factory resetting it.: My computer just turns black then shows the starting and for a quick second it shows the blue screen with the 64% complete. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-turned-off-my-computer-while/4ec1b46f-9eb2-4f5b-b8f7-bd9aa36b19f9
  6. I accidentally turned off my computer while factory resetting it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally turned off my computer while factory resetting it.: My computer just turns black then shows the starting and for a quick second it shows the blue screen with the 64% complete. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-turned-off-my-computer-while/4ec1b46f-9eb2-4f5b-b8f7-bd9aa36b19f9
  7. PC turned off while updating Windows

PC turned off while updating Windows: I was Updating my windows 10 to the newest version i.e. version 2004 that Microsoft released on 9th June. But unfortunately there was a power cut in my area and my pc turned off. It was showing "Working on Updates and 85% complete" before it got turned off. After few moments...
  8. I accidentally turned off my computer while it was updating

I accidentally turned off my computer while it was updating: Hello, so last night I accidentally turned off my computer while it was updating, and now it won't turn on. I have a lenovo computer and when I turn it on the lenovo logo would show and then the screen would go completely black, but I can hear the fan going etc. Please tell...
  9. My laptop was doing updates, and someone turned it off

My laptop was doing updates, and someone turned it off: My laptop was doing updates, and someone turned it off, now will try and boot then says undoing changes then go back to the start and do it all over again. Please help...
  10. Accidentally turned off the computer while in system restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Accidentally turned off the computer while in system restore: So I was doing a system restore on my newly upgraded Windows 10. It was stuck at 46% so I restarted it (which was a stupid thing I know). After that the laptop won't go beyond the black screen. Whenever I boot the laptop the lenovo logo appears and the black screen after and...