Windows 10: Someone bought games using my account

Discus and support Someone bought games using my account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So, I recently received an e-mail confirming the payment of 2 different games using my card. I lost my Xbox a while ago (my father gave it away), is it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Marina.6, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Marina.6 Win User

Someone bought games using my account

So, I recently received an e-mail confirming the payment of 2 different games using my card. I lost my Xbox a while ago (my father gave it away), is it possible that the person who has it is using my account to buy stuff for themselves? I still have the same e mail address from when I had my account with Xbox. If so, is it possible to get a refund from the games bought, that were not authorised? I tried to get a refund from the orders page, but the option is not available.

I've deleted my visa account from the payment options so it wont happen again, is there something else I should do?

Thank you guys for your help.

:)

Marina.6, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Scrafty9 Win User
    Game bought on another account

Hi, I accidentally bought a game for another account. I would like to ask if it is going to move to another account?

Scrafty9, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Someone bought games using my account

premium gaming account

Hi Kathryn,

There a corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why you are seeing ads before playing games even your profile has a subscription or a premium account. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Someone bought games using my account

1. Someone bought games using my account - Similar Threads - Someone bought games

2. Bought a used pc and all games are laggy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bought a used pc and all games are laggy: I just bought a pc off of a mutual who factory reset before I got it. I tried downloading and opening up some games but they run super laggy, even in the initial menus. I updated my drivers but that didn’t seem to help. Is there anything else I should try?...
  3. Someone is signing in on my account using electron.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone is signing in on my account using electron.: Does badlion use electron? Because I havn't used lunar as much, but somebody RATed my account recently and im not sure if its me or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-is-signing-in-on-my-account-using-electron/927c9198-ef0e-410c-9d39-e4efdafd71b6
  4. Someone is signing in on my account using electron.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Someone is signing in on my account using electron.: Does badlion use electron? Because I havn't used lunar as much, but somebody RATed my account recently and im not sure if its me or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/someone-is-signing-in-on-my-account-using-electron/927c9198-ef0e-410c-9d39-e4efdafd71b6
  5. Someone is signing in on my account using electron.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How to delete my account as verification account used for someone else?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete my account as verification account used for someone else?: Hello,I keep receiving emails that there was unusual activity on a different account that I am not using and I don't have access to. It's from somebody I am no longer in contact with but it's possible that we took my account for account verification.My question is, can I...
  7. How to delete my account as verification account used for someone else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete my account as verification account used for someone else?: Hello,I keep receiving emails that there was unusual activity on a different account that I am not using and I don't have access to. It's from somebody I am no longer in contact with but it's possible that we took my account for account verification.My question is, can I...
  8. Lock an account that someone using my account to log in microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Lock an account that someone using my account to log in microsoft store.: Is it able to lock someone's PC , if a guy using my account to log in atMicrosoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-an-account-that-someone-using-my-account-to/a53db1f3-f699-4339-9097-796b2c31ec69
  9. Someone created an account using my Gmail address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone created an account using my Gmail address: Hello, Recently, I tried to create a new Microsoft Account and used my gmail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as the username. However, it said that email has already been taken. I have never created Microsoft Account using my gmail address, so I assume...
  10. Someone else trying to use account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone else trying to use account: My wife got a notification that someone else might be using her account and was instructed to reset her account. The phone number that was listed for the text code was a number we never had....